Cheapest set up possible for a closet

WINDSORHIPPIEGIRL

Hi there, I am on a fixed income for the time being... and I am turning a closet in my spare room into a grow space... (or at least I would like to) but I am wondering what is the cheapest set up possible that will still be effective for this....

I dont care if the bud stinks my house up... obviously I like bud or I wouldn't be doing this.... i have mylar already, I have fans to circulate the air, and I have lights... is this enough for a micro closet grow

Cheapest possible, lol? $2 yard sale "box-style" window fan in the open closet doorway bringing in fresh air (and pushing stale air out, above), some soil dug up out of the back yard, dumped into whatever you can find in the kitchen that's made out of material that you can punch a few holes in the bottom of without destroying, with part of a dead thief fish buried in for fertilizer. A bank of shop lights that you found by walking the neighborhood the night before trash pick-up day, disassembled and mounted on a white board so that you can get the bulbs as close together as reasonably possible, and hung from the ceiling by some old boot strings.

With the above, it's possible to harvest something. New bulbs, you'd probably harvest more. Some poultry netting (aka "chicken wire") to turn the grow into a SCROG one in order to offset the fluorescent tubes' abysmal penetration, a good bit more. Some kind of basic store-bought plant nutrients, even more. A reliable method to check and adjust pH, still more. A 250- or 400-watt HPS or MH light you got off of Craigslist, along with a new $15 bulb, a lot more. An Eye Hortilux bulb for that light fixture? More again.

Et cetera.

EDIT: By the way, a baggie of bud can "stink your house up." A cannabis plant in flower (that will eventually be capable of creating several to many baggies of bud) can stink up your neighborhood. . . .

Mate I run a 250w hps with 1 intake fan temp and humidity monitor humidifier dehumidifier biobizz nuits and soil all mix cost around 2-300£ plus I've just started another 4x autoflowers along with my 5x purple haze photos. I basically have 2 double door wardrobes built next to each other I cut a hole through the middle of both so that the one closest to the window has a fan inside the wall blowing fresh air into the wardrobe further away. Soon to have a carbon filter at the top of the wardrobe going into the one closest to the window so there is a cons8air circuit 1 fan inside wardrobe a and b to blow towards that plants and 2 lights boom you have yourself a double grow :) if that makes any sense at all little spaces out rn

Hi there, I am on a fixed income for the time being... and I am turning a closet in my spare room into a grow space... (or at least I would like to) but I am wondering what is the cheapest set up possible that will still be effective for this....

I dont care if the bud stinks my house up... obviously I like bud or I wouldn't be doing this.... i have mylar already, I have fans to circulate the air, and I have lights... is this enough for a micro closet grow
You need plants or seeds and nutrients or soil then you have enough yes. And maybe a timer.:goodluck::popcorn:

Mate I run a 250w hps with 1 intake fan temp and humidity monitor humidifier dehumidifier biobizz nuits and soil all mix cost around 2-300£ plus I've just started another 4x autoflowers along with my 5x purple haze photos. I basically have 2 double door wardrobes built next to each other I cut a hole through the middle of both so that the one closest to the window has a fan inside the wall blowing fresh air into the wardrobe further away. Soon to have a carbon filter at the top of the wardrobe going into the one closest to the window so there is a cons8air circuit 1 fan inside wardrobe a and b to blow towards that plants and 2 lights boom you have yourself a double grow :) if that makes any sense at all little spaces out rn
Thats awesome, thanks I am not that skilled lol but ill see what I can do

Im new here but did my first grow totally on the cheap. 4 T8 flourescent strip lights and a small usb fan everything else from my garden shed total outlay about 120 us dollars set up plus seeds and electric. Yeild about 160 g . Go for it just takes a bit of love care and attention but they repay you so much more.

Cam

Sorry forgot to add I got a PH meter after 4 weeks into the grow and i think it is almost essential my tap water is about PH 8.3 so now I control it with a bit of cider vinegar, dead cheap but it seems to work

Cam

You gotta do homework to get really cheap. I dunno the cost effectiveness of SUB hydro (which can be in a small space) vs soil and nutes/amendments. LOS (living organic soil) can keep costs down by reusing. Currently I've made a super soil that has had great results. I fill gallon jugs with water and let them sit, no ph tests, so cheap. My amendments to make super soil might have cost me $70US, and I've had 3 harvests since June. I have enough to last me to maybe February. Cheap nutes!

You can find really good and cheap lights online. My veg room has 2 leds, one quantum board and one old blurple. The single quantum board grew large plants in veg, I would not be afraid to flower with it in a small space. That light is $85US or something.

Just gotta do a lot of research. You can go cheap and get quality.

Thats awesome, thanks I am not that skilled lol but ill see what I can do
Don't over think growing and worry about this and that when u grow
It is just a plant and simple to grow
Follow a light schedule for flowering and fertilize lightly and u will get good bud for personal use
Too many people are hung up on this one brown leaf or notes problems because too many people over think
Good luck with your grow :yummy::yummy:

Back
Top Bottom