check out my ladies after 3 to 4 weeks old

BigSmoker1275

I think I'm doing pretty well for my first run. Check it out y'all and let me know what you think. On one pint of wattering right now and full nute recommended for a gallon of water. Have y'all storage water in a 6 gal container with nutes in it? I just done it and worked perfectly well.
IMG_20150329_180836225.jpg
IMG_20150329_180819110.jpg
IMG_20150329_180730596.jpg
IMG_20150329_180506873.jpg
IMG_20150329_180458542.jpg

What strain are you growing and what kind of nutes are you using?

What size containers are those? The plants look a little small for 4 weeks, which may be answered by the small pot. Or they could be a small growing breed. Need more info to help you.

White widow skunk, dyna grow they are 3 gallon. I had cut them down from 5 because I was worried about height issues.

Let's get a list of your setup
Lights?
Ac?
Soil brand?

I think it looks fine. I give my girls very Lil nutrients in veg like 1 fertilizer feeding once to every 3 straight 6.8ph water only feedings.

Let soil dry out between waterings that's very very important

Soil is sunshine professional aggregate 4. I have a small fresh air intake, small widow unit and a osc fan I just bought. Also just bought a humidifier to keep that under control. Not sure on the lights and ballast but will check when I get home. That's normal how I feed them. I'm surprise the grow fine on just pH water. Do you have any pics of your girls?

That soil retains moisture a lot. I'd add some perlite if you up pot or next time. I used to use sunshine I got gnats extremely bad on like 60 plants 5 years ago and left sunshine.

I have an ass ton of pics in all my journals.

I do feed but only like every third watering in veg so maybe once a week or every 9 days roughly. I yield over an hp so it's not harming them. Over watering and over feeding can cause major issues.

White widow skunk, dyna grow they are 3 gallon. I had cut them down from 5 because I was worried about height issues.

You are a little small but ok. Knowing those are three gallon pots gives much better perspective and gives a better judge of size.

Online reviews of your strain indicate a medium size plant with closely spaced nodes, so if you are closer to three weeks than four, you'll be alright. I use FFOF and don't add nutes until they ask for them. In the process of converting to super soil and will hopefully go full organic and get rid of nutes altogether.

A gnat appeared the other day but I killed it. But that's not good about it. What type of soil/ perlite do you use?

Google "gnat trap" for a recipe to catch gnats in a simple trap made from household products like vinegar and dish soap.

If you think gnats are breeding in your soul, cover it with a layer of clean white sand or diatomaceous earth. That will kill the larvae as they try to escape.

I'm using Fox Farms Ocean Forest. People love it or hate it. I love it. It has some inconsistencies but all in all my plants love it and I'm getting great results. Even when I move towards super soil organic growing, I'm still going to use FFOF as my base until I can build a true compost based soil. But that's a long term project that won't see fruit for another year or so. FFOF already has some perlite to it but not enough for my taste. Added about 10-15% additional volume for increased drainage and prevention against soil compaction. Soil compaction was my number 1 problem on my first grow, but there's far worse problems to have :)

Soil compaction is something I'm facing right now :-/ I just churn it up with dry soil. Do you have any better ways?/ p.s I just do this with the soil on the edge of the pot .

Soil compaction is something I'm facing right now :-/ I just churn it up with dry soil. Do you have any better ways?/ p.s I just do this with the soil on the edge of the pot .

I have plants that I am two months into veg with that are in soil with added perlite, and my compacting problems are greatly diminished. They are still there but I am working on water techniques to get around that. Slow, rain like watering where the water slows seeps into the soil will not compact the soil as badly as just dumping the water in from a 1 gallon plastic jug like I was originally doing. Using a watering stick also lets me put water precisely where I want it, rather than wherever it glugs out of the plastic bottle.

Back
Top Bottom