Chicken shit

Yes, it is very high in nitrogen!! It must sit and ferment for roughly a year, but beware of any bugs that may have made it a happy home!! (Outdoor growers may not mind as much)
I am an outdoor grower. I have tried it a couple years ago and wow it really turned green!
I know too much is never good but thought someone had used it and had some insight on too little or too much too soon or too late.
Since I'm new grower it all seems more scientific to me but the results is what makes the diff.
Thanks for the tip!

After trial and much error, I settled on poultry manure as my sole added fertilizer, until buds start stacking.
It has eliminated all nute problems in my grows. Soil auto grower.

Attachments

• DSCN2677 (2).JPG
    DSCN2677 (2).JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 52
  • DSCN2679 (2).JPG
    DSCN2679 (2).JPG
    857.1 KB · Views: 44
  • DSCN2679 (3)_LI.jpg
    DSCN2679 (3)_LI.jpg
    331.2 KB · Views: 43
I had chickens for a couple years - their poo is actually like one of the highest in all animal manure in nitrogen! As previously mentioned though it does need to break down, if added straight in it will burn your plants.

I used to shred my leaves in the fall and dump them into the chicken run in a pile, as well as all my household vegetable waste. Chickens would go out and scratch through the leaves looking for bugs, poop in the pile adding nitrogen to the carbon from the leaves and turning the pile for me. Every once and awhul3 I'd go out and rake it back into a pile and they would go back at it. This would also reduce my feed costs! After a couple weeks of that I would fence off the pile and it would heat up and compost into an incredibly rich humus!

Awesome goodluck with it! If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a pm.

I am an outdoor grower. I have tried it a couple years ago and wow it really turned green!
I know too much is never good but thought someone had used it and had some insight on too little or too much too soon or too late.
Since I'm new grower it all seems more scientific to me but the results is what makes the diff.
Thanks for the tip!
I had chickens for a couple years - their poo is actually like one of the highest in all animal manure in nitrogen! As previously mentioned though it does need to break down, if added straight in it will burn your plants.

I used to shred my leaves in the fall and dump them into the chicken run in a pile, as well as all my household vegetable waste. Chickens would go out and scratch through the leaves looking for bugs, poop in the pile adding nitrogen to the carbon from the leaves and turning the pile for me. Every once and awhul3 I'd go out and rake it back into a pile and they would go back at it. This would also reduce my feed costs! After a couple weeks of that I would fence off the pile and it would heat up and compost into an incredibly rich humus!

It’s too hot unless you let it gas off approximately a year. In Cuba, they put the chicken pens over the top of a fish pond. The fish eat the poo and process it. (Green Economy, Bill McKibben). I loved this idea. We have never done it and just let the poo rest a year...

Back
Top Bottom