Chickensoft1's Skywalker/OG Kush 2000w Coco Grow!

chickensoft1

Hello fellow cannabis lovers! I aim to make this a very interesting thread! This should definitely make a good first post as well!! Its nice to meet you, the names chickensofttaco, chickensoft1 for short :)
I have some experience growing indoors and outside as well. This will be my first real deal grow featuring an 8x8x6'9 grow tent purchased from ebay, 2 apollo 1000w hps, I also have a third matching light when im ready. I will also be using cocogro coconut grow media, and house and garden nutrients (cocos a+b) ph will be monitored and kept around 6.0.

Strains featured in this grow will be skywalker and og kush. These were obtained from a reputable collective here in Southern California. There are 5 skywalker clones which average around 15" with multiple branches. The og kush clones only average around 9"and also have many branches. I am somewhat worried that the plants may get too tall? I am only using 3 gallon buckets, would 5's be better? I will introduce these to a 12/12 light cycle with 2000 watts within the next week once I get the temp and ventilation under control. I am still a little unsure about the ventilation. I have the filter attached before the duct fan cooling the lights and out the back. The fan is 6" as well as the light tubes, also the fan is rated at 425cfm. I also have a small 4" fan feeding cool fresh air from an external source into the tent which is rated at 170 cfm. Should I run the light cooling from an external area and run a separate intake and exhaust fan? I figure it would be better especially if I want to run co2. Also is my tent too small for 3000 watts?! If not, how do I keep this thing cool? !

Pictures!
The girls, left 3 and 2 taller middle ones are skywalker the shorter ones are the og kushss.
20130518_223404_zps104952dc.jpg

My ventilation that needs fixing

20130518_223359_zps9ce4dd58.jpg

20130518_223327_zps68c7f74c.jpg

20130518_223348_zpsd8451437.jpg

nutrients

20130518_155744_zps616737d2.jpg

subscribed. your ventilation is fine for now as long as your temperature is manageable. how many lights you can run is determined by your temperature and airflow. your 4 inch intake may limit how much air you can move through your tent.

I am able to keep it around 80 with one light. I am plumbing the exhaust out my roof and getting a bigger intake. Also I plumbed my ac into the tent and it brings the temps to around 75 when it turns on! I am learning ALOT so fast with this grow! I am going to have a new breaker and line run tomorrow so I can use my second light. I cant wait! this is gonna be interesting to say the least! I have added a few girls totaling 13. I have 5 skywalker , 5 og kush, 2 purple kush, and 1 bubba og. This is my limit so far until my house mate becomes a caregiver. This is a completely legal grow. I have kept them under the 1000w 18/6 since I started this thread and as soon as I have the second light turned on I will begin 12/12 which should be tomorrow! I am thinking I may run into more problems with plant size, my skywalkers have gotten up to 20" i'm thinking I may string up a scrog so I can keep them away from my lights. Next run i am going to lose the tent for sure!! Im already going through the trouble of running lines and cutting holes and I feel like I should have used the whole room. The tent pretty much takes up the whole room anyways!! I may install the outlet on the ceiling. Anyways here's a pics I took this morning.

20130524_085248_zps44c2aa0d.jpg

20130524_084438_zps33cd71a0.jpg

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom