Should I chop now or wait?

• Chop it.

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Wait for tent.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

labexperiment

I was expecting to harvest on Wed. Nov.27th, but the RH in my home is around 10% so on Nov.5th I ordered a tent and RH controller(already have the humidifier and de-humidifier) to provide a stable RH during drying. Last harvest they dried too fast and resulted in that hay smell. The tent was delayed for a long time and I just got word today that it has been shipped. I started a dark cycle to eat up time and test the effect darkness would have on the crop, dark period started on the morning of the 27th. I prefer my medicine with less amber but I hate the hay smell. According to Fed-Ex the tent should be here Monday Dec.2nd or Tuesday, Dec.3rd which would put the dark period to 6 or 7 days, I know light degrades trichomes and without the light degradation of the THCa would slow significantly but am not sure on them not being cut down keeping the process at full tilt. So looking for opinions and some knowledge on what should be done.

Chop, leave a little more ragged (so to speak) than you ordinarily would. If (when) it starts looking like it's about to get too dry, (brown) bag it. Open "as needed." One day you'll notice that you haven't in a while, lol, and it's done.

I have 13 plants bagging it is not an option due to space.

Room view 1 TS3000 side.jpg

Room view 2 Spider Farmer SF 4000 side.jpg

Remember that song "all 'bout that bass, 'bout that bass". Well, with cannabis it's' "all 'bout those trichs, 'bout those trichs". We need some close ups so we can make an informed vote in you poll, and you give some sound advice.

got nice close ups of the buds?

Random buds (1).jpgRandom buds (5).jpgRandom buds (7).jpgRandom buds (9).jpgRandom buds (13).jpgRandom buds (14).jpgRandom buds (15).jpg

Remember that song "all 'bout that bass, 'bout that bass". Well, with cannabis it's' "all 'bout those trichs, 'bout those trichs". We need some close ups so we can make an informed vote in you poll, and you give some sound advice.
Not able to get images of the trichomes at this time. As of lights out most of the sativa dominant trics were less the 5% clear, while the indica leaning strains were 10-30% amber.

Sounds like they are ready. Chop. Leave them on stems and put in paper grocery bags until tent arrives. I dont think you need a dark period that long. 36 hrs.is what I'm being told by those with much more experience.

Back
Top Bottom