Chopped off my plant's head

LadyToker

Yep. That's what I did.:goodjob:

Brand new autofem white widow. Paid $6 for that seed.

I truly hate myself right now.:rolleyes3

But I am hoping someone :idea:here can tell me it'll be alright.

This little girl had her two bud leave and a new set of pre-teen leaves. It was bending over a lot, so I put a stake in, then used one of those teeny plastic handcuff things. zip ties I think they are called. I pulled it a bit too tight and it cut off all the green leaving me with a stem poking out of the ground.

I stuck what little there was of the green in vermiculite and left the stem.

This isn't going to come back...is it?:yikes::whoa:

I am not a rich person. I live on SSI. So as far as I am concerned I have just thrown away 20 or so grams,

I am so very depressed.:rip::yikes:

Say something...please...to cheer me up.:scratchinghead::helpsmilie:

Re: Chopped off my baby's head

Oh YEAH!!!!!!

Now to add insult to injury, I was vaccuuming up the vermiculite around the surfaces the plants are sitting on and accidentally grabbed another AutoKush. Since I use a shopvac you can only imagine the horror.

Believe it or not, it didn't suck up the entire plant or even break the stem, however, this little girl is hanging her head in shame that she even knows me. I mean, the stem is still intact, with no fold even, but the top of the plant is hanging so low it's beautiful head is touching the stem below it.

Is there any hope out there? I spent close to $50 on seeds and I have nothing....

I don't even have the strength or desire to add a little emoticon.

Would someone please come to my apartment and slap me?

I tried to upload some imagesbut the process is way too tedious. And I am too far gone to deal.

WHY???

WHY?????

Hang in there LadyToker! I know it can feel like the end of the world when something like this happens. Over time the wound lessens and heals. I truely hope that you overcome this setback and get back to enjoying growing again soon.

Thanks for that...

I started with 4 and now down to 1 and 1/3.. Two if this lady survives the shopvac.

My plants are always straggly. They grow fast enough I guess but the intital foliage is not like what I see on yours and others plants.

I only had 100 watts :rolleyes3 But yesterday I increased it and now I have 400 watts and one of the lites is a fluorescent tube. I only plan on having no more than 3 or maybe 4 plants.

I grow them in my bathroom and all the lights are reflected in the mirror. I have had a circulating fan on them but it is blowing from the side and not the top which I have heard blunts the plant and makes fo a lot of foliage.

I run the shower for 20 minutes on hot twice a day to steam the room (the plants are not under the shower). I had started them in vermiculite and planned on continuing that route until someone told me about :morenutes:Royal Gold Tupur container mix made specifically for this purpose. So now I startt them in seed pots of straight vermiculite and transfer them to a mix of vermiculite and Tupur. I am a very casual grower yet this has cost me a couple of large bills.

What the hell did growers do before the :nomo: internet?

Hopefully I will start getting a nicer fuller plant. Do you think??:goof:

I did have one bit of luck. I was doing some housekeep[ing, picked up a robe and out fell a doobie :woohoo:(yes I am a child of the 60s)

So I am off to other far off places:lot-o-toke:

I think it is a good idea to increase the lighting. The least expensive way to light your grow is through CFL bulbs. The bulbs/fixtures are inexpensive, low in heat, as well as better than average in energy savings. For the moment, I'm a strictly CFL grow kinda guy and while I'm not expecting a massive yield, CFLs have performed well for me. All I really hope to get is enough to hold me over until the completion of my next grow. BTW, :woohoo: on finding that joint, things are already looking up!!

Oh YEAH!!!!!!

Now to add insult to injury, I was vaccuuming up the vermiculite around the surfaces the plants are sitting on and accidentally grabbed another AutoKush. Since I use a shopvac you can only imagine the horror.

Believe it or not, it didn't suck up the entire plant or even break the stem, however, this little girl is hanging her head in shame that she even knows me. I mean, the stem is still intact, with no fold even, but the top of the plant is hanging so low it's beautiful head is touching the stem below it.

Is there any hope out there? I spent close to $50 on seeds and I have nothing....

I don't even have the strength or desire to add a little emoticon.

Would someone please come to my apartment and slap me?

If your in CO. I can gift you some seeds.

Wow I like all kinda stuff about you Ms Lady Toker! Can you guess what I mean? haha

Sorry about your plants!! That just sucks. :(

Hummm that may be tooooo much information. lol
But also I am a writer/artist, my username is toker, and I like growing auto strains! :)

Texas I'd love a green house down there. It's a great State been there a few times I'm just not fond of the Texas sized insects.

Yeah Houston is pretty cool.
Well it's hot, and humid, but I still liked it. haha
You never have to water your lawn in houston.
The ground always feels spongy underfoot.
I just thought ground was supposed solid until Houston.

Actually, yes you do have to water your lawn. In spite of the exhaustive humidity, we have draught and our lawns really suffer,There is nothing more oppreseive than 110 degrees with the heat index and 100% humidity. It's like a sauna.

Not anywhere I've been. From Conroe to Pasadena. :)
All I ever used my yard hose for was to wash my car.
I was only in the Houston area for a little over 10 years tho. haha
It was just green yards, and mow mow mow!

have you grown "shore line"?

Not anywhere I've been. From Conroe to Pasadena. :)
All I ever used my yard hose for was to wash my car.
I was only in the Houston area for a little over 10 years tho. haha
It was just green yards, and mow mow mow!

I do not like to argue in threads

And with the internet, I usually find I don't have to.

The very year I moved here August 1979, the lawn of my new house was burnt as were all my neighbors, and we had a terrible drought. I was watering my lawn and a police car rolled up and informed me if I did it again, I would be ticketed. We had to resod the next year. We had the hearty bermuda grass so coveted in this area.

I have lived in Texas from 1979 to 2002, moved back 2010 and have been here ever since. Losing lawns and gardens to drought is a right of passage you'd think, as often as it happens.

Trust me....you don't want to argue with a Texan who has lost their lawn and more than a few gardens because of drought. It's a trigger point.

And these were in Spring Texas, 38 miles north of Houston. And 60 miles NORTH of Pasedena.

Be careful how you comment on sites that are here for people to gleen information from each other. costly information.

When you say something like you have, people will tend to not take anything else you say at face value.

It is important for some people to win arguments, especially conversations that originally written, were not intended to be derisive.

There are a handful of folks out there that like to just say anything contrary for whatever reason. Some are just built that way. Someone says one thing, a casual listener will say just the opposite to either sound smarter, to make the original conversationalist unreliable or just to be contrary.

Thank goodness for the internet.

I hope we can still be friends.:thumb:

have you grown "shore line"?

I am a newbie, so nope, I haven't even heard of it.
I get myseeds from BONZA. I find that the packaging, delivery and quality are great since I only grow 4 at a time and I cannot afford other banks who deal in single seed purchase.

Back
Top Bottom