Chronic Pain

Yes , I suffer from arthritis of the neck which radiates pain down my right side. I also have peripheral neuropathy. The pain is like shingles if you have ever had shingles (which unfortunately, I have had in the past). That is the closest pain like it.

I had to fight long and hard to get the Doc to sign. I have also had to give up a lot. I have 22 years clean in N. A. and it is unsafe for them to be near me if I have smoked my medicine recently. The smell could trigger an addict to go back out using and dieing. I go to A.A. meetings, but it is not the same.

Yes , I suffer from arthritis of the neck which radiates pain down my right side. I also have peripheral neuropathy. The pain is like shingles if you have ever had shingles (which unfortunately, I have had in the past). That is the closest pain like it.

I had to fight long and hard to get the Doc to sign. I have also had to give up a lot. I have 22 years clean in N. A. and it is unsafe for them to be near me if I have smoked my medicine recently. The smell could trigger an addict to go back out using and dieing. I go to A.A. meetings, but it is not the same.

Driving past a road-killed skunk could also trigger a relapse by that logic. To blame you for a relapse is ridiculous.

Screw that. If I were you, I'd keep going to your N.A. meetings, and if anyone objects, tell them to take responsibility for their recovery and not to blame "triggers", because that's just BS. Do what you can to reduce the smell, but don't let anyone chase you out of your N.A. chair, you earned it.

What about people in A.A., should they avoid going grocery shopping, and about a million other places and activities, because they might run into some booze?

i have been diagnosed with scolious since i was about 7 years old. my back hurts so bad its hard to sleep, walk, sit, or basically anything. i can only sleep for maybe 4 hours before i have to get up. i roll around the whole time i sleep to try and get comfortable.

now after working for10 years im only 23 btw. my knees are shot, i have arthritis in my hands from working at a visteon plant. my shoulders hurt constantly alongwith grinding/clicking sound. i also have debilitating migraines, that get so intense it blurs my vision, and feels like some just wacked me with a hammer in my head.

ive been working for vvisteon for 3 years, as a temp. no insurance, nothing. and prior to that i was a head groundskeeper for a reality company for about 2 years, who also didnt offer insurance. so ive been forced to deal with all my pains without a dr prescribing me with pills. ive always just smoked some ganja and went about my business. it never really gets rid of all my pain, but enough to live my life.

Driving past a road-killed skunk could also trigger a relapse by that logic. To blame you for a relapse is ridiculous.

Screw that. If I were you, I'd keep going to your N.A. meetings, and if anyone objects, tell them to take responsibility for their recovery and not to blame "triggers", because that's just BS. Do what you can to reduce the smell, but don't let anyone chase you out of your N.A. chair, you earned it.

What about people in A.A., should they avoid going grocery shopping, and about a million other places and activities, because they might run into some booze?

I understand what you are saying and I agree. We can not become monks or hermits and cut ourselves off from the world. On the other hand I am not going to purposely expose my addict friends to even the smell of it. I will continue to go to a friends birthday, but my solution suits me fine. I worked hard for several years to get the meetings sustainable in my area. No one can take my founding member status away. I am proud of the groups I have helped start over the years. When I go to A.A. meetings , if someone makes a comment if they can smell it on me, I can freely tell them to take a hike to their sponsor and have them explain the differences between my medicine and boose.

I understand what you are saying and I agree. We can not become monks or hermits and cut ourselves off from the world. On the other hand I am not going to purposely expose my addict friends to even the smell of it. I will continue to go to a friends birthday, but my solution suits me fine. I worked hard for several years to get the meetings sustainable in my area. No one can take my founding member status away. I am proud of the groups I have helped start over the years. When I go to A.A. meetings , if someone makes a comment if they can smell it on me, I can freely tell them to take a hike to their sponsor and have them explain the differences between my medicine and boose.

Have you thought of edibles before going to meetings as opposed to smoking?

I still have a couple of months left of script for nabalone, The Canadian version of Marinol, for times like that. I have to get my supply up to the point where I have a little extra to play with, then I like to make butter and then just use the butter in everything. I am not at that point yet, I am still waiting for my card to come in the mail and I can not move forward in my plans till I have it in my hot little hands.

I still have a couple of months left of script for nabalone, The Canadian version of Marinol, for times like that. I have to get my supply up to the point where I have a little extra to play with, then I like to make butter and then just use the butter in everything. I am not at that point yet, I am still waiting for my card to come in the mail and I can not move forward in my plans till I have it in my hot little hands.

Sounds good michael.

I wish you the best bro.

setting sun

I was a bass player for a few years from that and being a dishwasher/cook/janitor for years i developed carpel tunnel and smoking eases the pain in my hands along with my sever depression and no side effects like the pills they give u

I was a bass player for a few years from that and being a dishwasher/cook/janitor for years i developed carpel tunnel and smoking eases the pain in my hands along with my sever depression and no side effects like the pills they give u

Yeah, I have a story about me and psych meds.

I'm an obsessive person, and asked my doc if there was anything he could give me to take the edge off a bit, he prescribed some psych meds usually prescribed for depression, which I don't suffer from, but he said it should also help with my OCD.

So, I start taking these pills and I do feel less edgy and calmer in general, but now I have the sexual side effect of not being able to ummmmmmmmmmm, there's no delicate way to put this................have an orgasm. I can have sex, but no climax. So, I'm feeling a little calmer and less edgy, but I have the worst case of blueballs in the history of mankind.

I research things a bit, and find out that this is a very common side effect to these types of medications. In fact, I had already tried two different pills and they both gave me the same problem.

Now I'm thinkin', if a person was depressed, and they prescribed these pills for depression, wouldn't it be pretty depressing for your sex life to be essentially over?

Needless to say, I told the doc he could keep his pills, thank you very much.

Now, if I could stick to indicas instead of my beloved sativas, that would help keep the edge off too, lol.

Ten years ago, on a Mother's Day morning, I scooped up some runaway ducklings to put them in a pen and slipped and fell. In one swift move, I dislocated my ankle, shattered 3" of leg bone, shredded my tendons, and severed the nerves!
One year later I was still swollen, in pain and didn't have feeling in my foot. The Doctor was sure I'd have to use a cane the rest of my life and all he could suggest for the pain and swelling was cortisone shots. This seemed pretty bleak, but I wasn't willing to settled for it.
I have been making salves for the family for years, from the herbs grown in our garden. So I started researching various herbs that would help heal my injuries, like comfrey and burdock. While formulating the cream I was introduced to cannabis root. I was told that the root helps reduce swelling, eases pain and rejuvenates the circulation. So I added about 20 cannabis roots to the batch, making a 9 herb formula. After using the cream every day for 6 months, The bruising was gone, The swelling was gone, the circulation was back, I gained full movement and feeling of my foot and ankle, and no more pain. I was so excited that I shared the cream with family and friends. The results were fantastic. We have discovered that the Root works on sore muscles, burns, eczema, arthritis, psoriasis, hemrroids and even insect bites too. It's just fantastic to discover that even the root will help healing! It's the WHOLE Mother plant we should respect, not just the bud.
Oh, and last week, while loading the car after the Farmer's Market, I twisted my other ankle. All the way home, I moaned every time I had to press the clutch. When I arrived, I couldn't put weight on that side. I rubbed my cannabis root cream on twice before going to bed. The next morning, I jumped up and began my morning routine, when an hour into it I remembered that pain..it was gone! I just love cannabis root!

Chronic dissection of the aorta with St Jude's Valve. Various pains associated with Marfan Syndrome, Migraines, debilitating muscle spasms, (unbelievable pain), they had me doped up on all kinds of Pharms until I found the strength within me to get OFF that addictive shit....it's evil & depressing. MJ stops my pain completely...reduces my blood pressure and that's what I need since my dissection is a waiting time bomb to split & kill me instantly.

great stories and a testament to what MMJ can do... i personally have had back and shoulder problems for years and have had no better results than with MJ.

opiates and antidepressants couldnt do what MJ did for me. and so naturally... no chemical dependency and no side effects

Boy, where to start with this one. The old saying that if I knew I would live this long I would have taken better care of my body applies here. I have broken 22 different bones and some more than once. ACL repair on one knee, degenerative cartlidge in both knees. Dislocated both shoulders, concusions, surgery to reattach my bicep, too many screws and plates to count. To say I have chronic pain is an understatement. Medical marijuana is a godsend for me. I can actually sleep at night without having to resort to Vicodine, Oxy, Valum, Demerol, etc. I have a medicine cabinet full of that garbage. None of them do for me what MMJ does and no nasty side effects. Applying for my card now.

im cutting down on my pain meds by 30 millagrams a day(morphine) and im smoking wht. widow at night and it really helps me sleep better and helps the pain,it is really something that at night when pain is its worse im smoking the pain away,as time goes on I will try more.my pain is all the time and so bad that I only can walk a block,i cant lay down and sleep cause my bones freeze up and then i cant get up and pain is terrible.spine is totally fusing and very bad osteoporosis in every joint,all from pro skateboarding,i have broke many vertabraes,well enough of that.smoking is helping me.:peace::surf:

Boy, where to start with this one. The old saying that if I knew I would live this long I would have taken better care of my body applies here. I have broken 22 different bones and some more than once. ACL repair on one knee, degenerative cartlidge in both knees. Dislocated both shoulders, concusions, surgery to reattach my bicep, too many screws and plates to count. To say I have chronic pain is an understatement. Medical marijuana is a godsend for me. I can actually sleep at night without having to resort to Vicodine, Oxy, Valum, Demerol, etc. I have a medicine cabinet full of that garbage. None of them do for me what MMJ does and no nasty side effects. Applying for my card now.

OMG you are Me are the same when it comes to a medicine cabinet of useless meds. I was struck and dragged by a truck myself well to be exact Just before the impact I saw his mirror coming straight at my face so I lifted my arms by instinct alone ,but as he had the type of side mirrors you see on pickup trucks towing horse trailers,( the extra long ones made from tube steel) My one arm went between the tubes and my weight basically locked me in place I couldnt get free (the driver who was drunk which I could tell when he finnaly stopped) didnt notice I was caught up and continued along at around 25-35 kmh but so close the the front bumpers of the other cars in the lot dragged me across the hood of 5 cars and when the hood ran out on each I was swung off the hood at which point my lower back and hips would impact on the Front fender of the next car over and over untill I finally got free, oh I should also mention I was cut up pretty bad from the hood ornaments. But after all this happened not one person came over to offer any assistance the drunk wouldnt give me his license and insurance info but did flash a badge at me ,(turns out he was a metro toronto fire fighter) anyways after arguing for his information for 15 minutes I managed to hobble over to the pay phone which was only 100' away from where I was by the time I reached it however he had left and i was able to get his license plate but as there was snow on his bumper that last digit which was a X Was blocked enough that i believed it was a K so 2 weeks later they catch up to him inform him as to why they were there and what my allegation where . He told the police that I had informed him that he had struck me and dragged me but he didnt believe he had so he left when i went to call the police which he also informed them I had told him that I was doing it. Police at this point inspected his 1973 pickup truck and couldnt find any damage or bending to the mirror poles, (which were the stock larger size option and available seecond hand in a great many auto wreckers and with the 2 weeks he had there is a great likely hood he just went and bought the same model from a wrecked truck and they would look just like the originals) so they didnt charge him with anything including leaving the scene of an accident . Because he wasnt charge with anything over this accident my insurance company only offered me 3000$ to help cover cost of physiotherapy and that was the end of it as far as they were concerned. As a side note I found out about a year later that this man Was an ex metropolitan toronto police officer who had to retire due to shaking hands making him unable to safely fire a gun ,he then was retrained at the toronto fire academy and became a criminal Fire investigator so you would think that with his training in law enforcement and safety habits. Sorry rambled a bit there but wanted to let you know what led up to the current useless medication I have had to take .

So over the past 9 years my medications have been

a.) oxycontin 40mg 3 times a day but due to tolerance build up was increased to 60mg 3 times per day
b. for breakthru pain I was prescribed 120 percocets a month taking 2 -4 per day ,these were also for chronic severe migraines
c. Paxil for depression and anxiety
d. Amitriptyline 25mg x2/day for stress and its supposed to help with pain from fibromyalgia
e. Clonazeapam for anxiety ,stress and chronic insomnia
f. Cessamet for nausea and to promote appetite (this is basically a synthetic form of Marijuana)
g. Toradol for muscle spasms
h. Methadone 100mg/day presently as my doctor changes me to this from oxycontin whenever my tolerance to the oxycontins get to high I.E when 50mg 3x per day plus the 2-4 percocets/day still leaves me with a pain rating of 3-4 out of 10. He puts me on Methadone to offset the sickness that comes with a decrease in opioids and then weans me down to so that When I resume oxycontin treatment he is able to put me on a prescription 30% weaker then the amoount I Last started with usually after 9-12 months of methadone I am able to get effective pain relief from 60mg oxycontin and may need 1-2 percocets at most for breakthrough pain but my main problem with opioids isnt the tolerance I build up but for some reason it really affects my ability to concentrate i have been told I fall asleep mid sentence and wake up within 2-10 minutes and continue on with whatever we were talking about, or sometimes when asked a question I answer but not the actual question the funny thing is sometime when asked a question Ill answer but the answer will be based on whatever i was thinking about and not the question for example If i was watching Stargate sg1 and getting right into the program if someone asked me a question about anything I have given answers like just Dial the DHD and we can get going home , But when I can afford to have it I smoke 3.5-6grams /day smoked and another 3-4 grams ingested my pain rates 1-2 at the most 90% of the time and if I should say stumble and get a sharp shooting pain it usually is about a 5 out of 10 . But with oxycontin and percocet the does has to be fairly high i.e 100-150 mg plus 4 percocets /day to keep me at a constant pain level of 2-3 with breakthrough pain reaching a 7 or 8 out of 10, But even worse then the constant pain is when I have gotten muscle spasms while coming down my entrance steps that has gone as high a 8-10 and causing my legs to give out and fall down the stairs ,so in the last year I have had to be taken to the hospital by ambulance 7 times because of Falling down the stairs causing even more damage to my spine which at this point consists of my L3,4 and 5 disks are herniated,bulging and mis-shappen from the damage which is degenerative last mri was taken 4 years ago so my present pain doctor estimates that damage that was immiediately apparent has increase about 35% and the damage that wasnt visible on the mri at that time have become as bad the original injury, And what makes all this worse is due to the medication I am forced to take just to be able to live with constant pain level of 4 also effect my sex drive and at this point My wife is beginning to feel as if though she no longer turns me on and is causing us extreme marital ,In fact I believe if I cant get the pain ,muscle spasms and other problems like the nausea and fatigue under control she will divorce me due to lack of intimacy in the marriage. But in contrasts when I have the money to be able to use 6-8 grams per day 3-4 smoked and the rest ingest in food or Drinks my pain level hardly if ever gets past a 3 if I do something to aggravate it severly, Depression is virtually non-existent, anxiety is ats though it never existed, migraines become extremely rare, sex drive has increased to the point where my wife has had to turn me down. And the cessamet which is a synthetic form of marijuan for nausea I no longer need as with the MJ my appetite is excellent I enjoy food that I usually never would have eaten like broccoli, spinach ,artichoke and many other vegetables befor Mj I would only eat carrots ,corn ,potatoes,peas, tomatoes ,lettuce and cuccumbers. This is why I call Marijuana a broad spectrum treatment of great potence and enjoyabilty mainly because when I take all the other meds I am on there is no way I could eat very much before nausea would set in and turn me off from eating. So to sum it all up I feel and seems My DR agrees with me Me that marijuana treatment is the most natual and effective way to go for me in the fact that all the individual pills and opioid/synthetic opiod treatment just isnt for me anymore as I had no choice at the time of my accident to even consider marijuana if it had been I feel I probably would have been out of work maybe (8months - a year) instead I havent been able to work in about 9 years because of the pain and my profession before the accident Was as a pc tech support/repair technician at IBM.

So now you know my background leading up to my requesting Medical Marijuana I am gonna list my diagnosed health issues and if anyone has smilar conditons can you suggest a strain for each one ( name of the bud and if you know what seed bank supplies it)

1.Chronic pain/muscle spasms from spinal cord injury
2. chronic insomnia
3 chronic fatigue
4 fibromyalgia
5 Sleep apnea
6 Nausea
7 chronic migraines
8 Anxiety/depression (most likely caused from the years of pain and not being able to really go out and join life I guess i am getting a bit stir crazy)

For my grow my doctor is recommending about 9 grams per day 3-4g to smoke and about 5grams to ingest so according to the Canadian MMAR MY PUPL or personal use production licence will allow me to have 45 plants growing and able to stor 1800grams so my plan is to keep 4-6 mother plants and then have the rest on My 4 X 4 Ebb and Flood under a 1000w hps hortilux. Of course my clones will also spend about 3 weeks under 4 55w 6500k flourescents at 18/6 before going to table for an addition week of 18/6 before i cut light to 12/12

So lets have some opinions on what type of plants I should keep for mothers I do know that I want to have plants with a average thc % of 15%+ preferably 18%+ but also wanting cbd around 1% and cbn aroung .4%

how do you make a salve from the roots? i need something to rub on my hnads

I may be wrong but i dont believe you can make a topical painreliever from marijuana as far as I know the active cannabinoids wont penetrate the skin but if you are wanting this salve for arthritis/rheumatism just go with a mild tea just get a 2 cup coffe pot that gets to near boiling heat one of the good ones and then just grind up a gram and put it in the filter like you would for coffee and i think you will have a fairly decent medication to handle moderate pain /

I have fibromyalgia and chronic migraines as well as IBS and insomnia. Cannabis is the only medicine that treats everything, doesnt have any negative side effects like big pharma meds, and its all natural! the only way for me to function as a human being is for me to have a puff here and there through out the day.

If you're still out there, MamaBear, how effective has herb been for treating your fibromyalgia? And how long have you suffered from it? (if you don't mind me asking)

Back
Top Bottom