Clone Quarantine

TerpDeDerp

Picked up a nice looking clone today. I'm always afraid of invaders, so I've quarantined this plant in a sealed dome and a few shots of food grade diatomaceous earth.

Does anyone think I should do more? It won't go in the flower room anyways, last time with mite was shitty.

Yeah, I've been extremely cautious but my garden is quite resilient. I have an active population of predatory mites, at least quite hungry. I know they are still there because the fungus gnats are very much at bay. I'll inspect better tomorrow. Last time I did this was for aphids that came in on some thyme my fiance bought. Worked great. But only if in a sealed space.

I would maybe hit them with a organic Powdery Mildew product. That is how I was infested with it was a clone.

With that in mind I would treat them for everything you can. So much stuff can be hidden on the plant and in the soil.

I would maybe hit them with a organic Powdery Mildew product. That is how I was infested with it was a clone.

With that in mind I would treat them for everything you can. So much stuff can be hidden on the plant and in the soil.

In a bowl of RO I rinsed the majority of dirt from the gro-dan block they cloned it to. Re-pot into my own sterile pot with Jiffy mix. When I inspected the dirt with a loupe I could see no pests. This was a clone from Mountain Sun Botanicals, after some digging I'm pretty 99.5% sure they are pest free. They are a huge outfit with lots of strains. Fungus does not matter in my grow, my management is 100% hands on and I dictate what mold grows where. I haven't see any PM, only cobweb, trich and coprinellus mushrooms. These fungi are expected and welcomed.

She is a good looking plant. I intend on keeping her as a mother for the first part of her life then she will be rotated out with clone replacements.

You should be good then. So much unseeable shit out there it is best to be over careful.

There should be a good reason they are cloning that plant. You are right in keeping it. At least till you know the effects. A while back I got a killer Recon Og clone from a dispensary. Kept it for a bit but couldn't keep it forever. I liked it so much I grew a old school strain I had to it before it was gone. Seemed to have worked perfect.

You do have to double check them though. For just as many frosty pheno's there are big pheno's that are not as strong. It all matters which plant they save. The biggest or the best.

Back
Top Bottom