Clones vs Seeds?

Fishhhh

Hi All

Just a quick question really , is growing from seeds a good idea? The reason i ask this, is that i have previously grown from clones, and produced good results. Where as a friend of mine has grown from seed twice and tbh his plants have looked shite.

Is this something he has done , or the strain he has gone for? Or is growing from seed just not a wise idea compared to clones?

What does every one think?

Re: Clones vs Seeds ?

Well clones will bear all the characteristics of the mother plant this is a fundemental part of choosing a good mother !

Seeds are a lot strong than clone/cuttings tho... Your friend may of just had some duff strain/batch.

any recomendations on a good seed to go for ? big yield , good smoke etc? height and time etc dont really matter as i will be SCROG'ing.

I suppose in a worse case scenario , if there lookin a bit poo just take one for clones i guess

any recomendations on a good seed to go for ? big yield

I'm afraid i can not recommend that ! due to the following...

• We all want big yields but first you have to learn to grow.
  • Different strains can be more tricky than others.
  • Every grow is different.
  • Enviromental factors effect yield.

Visit the seeds banks see whats on offer & theirs a fair few under the sponsors :thumb:

Hi All

Just a quick question really , is growing from seeds a good idea? The reason i ask this, is that i have previously grown from clones, and produced good results. Where as a friend of mine has grown from seed twice and tbh his plants have looked shite.

Is this something he has done , or the strain he has gone for? Or is growing from seed just not a wise idea compared to clones?

What does every one think?

I prefer seeds. They're hardy and the potency is stronger. I plant enough to cover the thinning out of males.

I prefer seeds. They're hardy and the potency is stronger. I plant enough to cover the thinning out of males.

to each his own.. i have great mothers and not one of my batches have been weaker then the first from 3 years ago.(where do you get that potency is stronger in seeds? lol thats just nonsense..) seeds are good when your looking for a good mother to clone but you never know what your going to get from a seed. with a clone you can be guaranteed a female of the same genetics of the plant it was taken from with no decrease in potency. 3 years with these plants and they actually seem to get better with age. mostly due to my knowledge of the strain ive been growing for the 3 years and knowing what she likes. with seeds you dont have an option to improve the plant because you are 1 and done.
and fissshhh if you want a bigger yield and good bud look for commercial strains like ak47.. white widow.. etc.. etc.. and sorry for babbling on your post

Back
Top Bottom