Strange Leaf Texture

I was specifically referring to bagged soils, not soil open to the elements completely :D
Root aphids isn't one I have gotten yet, but I have definitely gotten regular aphids, beetles, worms and fungus gnats out of bagged soils that were stored outside unprotected.
Those were in the soil prolly to begin with.

Try vermi-composting.... you wanna see some bugs. Then let the vermi-bin over winter and all the bugs are gone. In the early spring the microbes clean up whats left of the insects.

Thats what Id do with bagged soil. Set it beside my vermi bin and add kitchen scraps then a layer of that soil until you used it all up. Then use that vermi-compost in you soil mix.

Those were in the soil prolly to begin with.

Try vermi-composting.... you wanna see some bugs. Then let the vermi-bin over winter and all the bugs are gone. In the early spring the microbes clean up whats left of the insects.

Thats what Id do with bagged soil. Set it beside my vermi bin and add kitchen scraps then a layer of that soil until you used it all up. Then use that vermi-compost in you soil mix.
Someday I would like to try worms, but right now I don't have good conditions for them. I wish I did have that circumstance tho, it would be amazing :)

Yeah prolly the reason for the bugs in bagged soil is they dont let it over winter or compost long enough to let insects and larvae die off. So when you get the bag there are already a population of critters.

I'd be worried about that.

I received some bag seed from a neighbor who had his plant accidentally pollenated last summer. Despite the seeds, the bud that was there was surprisingly good. He has no idea what it was (got a clone from a friend), but I thought it might be fun to grow some and see how it might turn out.

The seeds germinated fast and easy and I've grown 7 small plants in the same conditions (Ocean Forest Soil, Mars TS2000) . (Way easier germination and growth compared to some of those expensive genetics I buy, which make me wonder)

I'm cloning them and will flower to get the sexes. Then I plan on growing one and use another two to STS , to get feminized pollen, and then pollenate, in case it all works out.

They grow very vigorously with big fan leaves. One however has a strange leaf texture I haven't seen before.

Does anyone know what this might be. I'm curious before I toss it.

texture_leaf01.jpg
texture_leaf02.jpg
I had it last year, it goes away after the plant gets bigger
Matt from the house of the great gardener says his original Barbra bud has that twisted leaf issue and I got it with a version of GG4
I turned up the lights and flushed for a week to help things along after that I upped the food

Thanks for all the help. To be safe I've tossed it as I have 6 more of the same seed vegging with clones rooting of each.

All good points above but I think after trying some of the suggestions, that the texture was either a genetic problem or a virus. I can't see any other signs of bugs and all the other plants seem to be okay.

I've started another thread where I'm hoping to be able to tell the sex of the remaining plants before I fip them so that I can STS spray them.

Back
Top Bottom