Clone or Seed?

HigherTheHigh

This is going to sound very debatable but I'd like to discuss it as I'm planning a hydro grow sometime in the future so I will be either growing it from seed or taking a clone from it eventually.

Ever since i have grown seeds I've never seem to get the desired plant if looked and hoped for where as I've had a little better results but I have had some great plants though.

In clone terms of growth and bud sites which is better as if noticed clones seem to have a lot more and better bud site spots, faster growth and all around just a little better.

Let's hear people's opinions :).

I typically plant 2 seeds and then cut 2 clones from each one right before I flip them. Once the clones out grow the cup I transplant the best one from each strain. I do it to get more plants per seed. I don’t have room to keep mothers right now. Once I get through the 15 different seeds I have I may make room for my two favorite mothers and just grow my favorite strains from clones

I typically plant 2 seeds and then cut 2 clones from each one right before I flip them. Once the clones out grow the cup I transplant the best one from each strain. I do it to get more plants per seed. I don’t have room to keep mothers right now. Once I get through the 15 different seeds I have I may make room for my two favorite mothers and just grow my favorite strains from clones

sounds easy and simple - i'll have to start doing this - so you must have a veg place and a flower place ?

sounds easy and simple - i'll have to start doing this - so you must have a veg place and a flower place ?

It’s pretty easy once you get a process that works down. I tried hydro my first grow a few years ago and failed miserably. I went to soil and have had really good results since. I have a 3x3x6 tent that I use for veg and a 4x8x7 that I use for flower. I stick my clones in a solo cup of FoxFarm Happy Frog and about 2 weeks later they start growing. I have a propagator that I start my seeds and clones in. Good luck with hydro. Didn’t work for me lol

It’s pretty easy once you get a process that works down. I tried hydro my first grow a few years ago and failed miserably. I went to soil and have had really good results since. I have a 3x3x6 tent that I use for veg and a 4x8x7 that I use for flower. I stick my clones in a solo cup of FoxFarm Happy Frog and about 2 weeks later they start growing. I have a propagator that I start my seeds and clones in. Good luck with hydro. Didn’t work for me lol

Soil is my "bag" also - use fox farms soil (ocean Blend) going to have to fix a veg room

Soil is my "bag" also - use fox farms soil (ocean Blend) going to have to fix a veg room

Yeah I mix and match what I use my 3x3 for based on the timing of things. Right now I have a WW in there from a clone I cut off my last grow. I grew Flowerbomb Kush with the WW but I didn’t cut a clone from the FBK because she got root rot and had quite a bit of problems. I was able to save her but I got about 3.5 oz of airy shit. Made some outstanding butter but not many smokable nugs. Here’s a pic of the WW clone. She’s about 7 weeks into flower. She’s doing better but that’s probably because I learned she is a cal hog from her mother. I have a Gelato and Liberty Haze in the 4x8. They are in there first week of flower. I have 4 clones in the propagator for about 12 days. I got off my schedule because of travel but I typically harvest every month. It’ll take me a couple runs but I’ll get back on it

E4E247B5-1B16-401D-8BF1-9BE524B2327D.jpeg

Yeah I mix and match what I use my 3x3 for based on the timing of things. Right now I have a WW in there from a clone I cut off my last grow. I grew Flowerbomb Kush with the WW but I didn’t cut a clone from the FBK because she got root rot and had quite a bit of problems. I was able to save her but I got about 3.5 oz of airy shit. Made some outstanding butter but not many smokable nugs. Here’s a pic of the WW clone. She’s about 7 weeks into flower. She’s doing better but that’s probably because I learned she is a cal hog from her mother. I have a Gelato and Liberty Haze in the 4x8. They are in there first week of flower. I have 4 clones in the propagator for about 12 days. I got off my schedule because of travel but I typically harvest every month. It’ll take me a couple runs but I’ll get back on it

E4E247B5-1B16-401D-8BF1-9BE524B2327D.jpeg

Nice set up and Nice plants ! Libery Haze from Barney's ? once cloned ( with 3-4 set's of leaves) how long in veg ? before 12/212

I prefer to start with clones. Then sometimes I'll take cuttings from them. I've tried cuttings from ones I've taken just before flipping to flower, and some as old as 7 weeks into flower. You can take cuttings as early or as late as you want, but when you take cuttings late into flower, the cuttings will grow kind of oddly once they go back into veg.

I got these going right now. These started from cuttings taken at 7 weeks into flowering. They're doing well now, but it took a lot longer to get to this stage.

Nice set up and Nice plants ! Libery Haze from Barney's ? once cloned ( with 3-4 set's of leaves) how long in veg ? before 12/212

My Liberty Haze is still in the solo cup. I’ll let them grow in the cup for about another week to let the roots fill the cup up. Then I’ll transplant into 5 gallon fabric pot. A few days after I do this I’ll top them if there is any stress which they usually don’t show any signs. Then I’ll top them and spread them out with LST. I usually get about 16-18 tops this way. On my Liberty Haze and Gelato grow I have 30 something on each plant with a SCROG net. We’ll see how many make it to the top once the stretch is done.

C578AC67-5117-4E71-A14B-45F4531C69DD.jpeg

I have a journal if you want to check it out

I have a journal if you want to check it out

Thanks will give it a look - Peace

Back
Top Bottom