Closet too damn hot

mortimer

Any ideas on keeping my closet cool? I have 3 plants in my closet. One in a PC under CFLs with the door to it open, and 2 in 10in. clay pots with FFOF under a 120w 3w bulb LED lite. The PC has 2 intake and 2 outtake fans. I have a clip-on fan aimed at the top of the plants under LED. I however must keep the closet doors closed for stealth. My temps are hi 80's with 45% humidity. My lites are on 24/7 growing all autoflowers. Snowryder in the PC and Blue Himalaya Diesel and Easy Ryder under LED. I had thought about a swamp cooler with a seperate dehumidifier to combat the rise in humidity with a swamp cooler. What do you think? Thanks for looking.

yeah, the swamp cooler would work, but from what i've read the auto's will do just as well under a 20-4 light cycle. this would lower the temps a little. :peace:

Yeah closets suck for getting rid of heat. The only i thing i could do is open the window and keep the whole room closed and then try and keep the heat up when it got colder. Other wise, you could go buy some 2x2 and make a small frame, easy to do and you can add cheap panel to most sides and decent panel for your fans and top for your lights. Im in the middle of making mine but im super slow.

I'm going to make a separate grow tent inside my closet with a simple frame and b/w poly. Seems to be easiest method with little needs for repair later.

Have you thought about putting a hvac vent above your closet door? Make it look like it belongs there. You would also be heating your room at the same time. I would attach a hose and a booster fan to the register and have it blow warm air out in the winter and turn it around in the summer to blow cold air in to the closet.

interesting ideas. thanks for all the comments. I do have a grow tent, the secret jardin dr40. very tiny but too hot inside the tent as well. I'd love to be able to use it in my closet. the hvac sounds like a great idea but not really wanting to modify my home too much. thanks though. It's not really going to be much of an issue much longer now that its beginning to get colder outside. But when spring comes so will the heat...so i will have to find a long term solution.

Back
Top Bottom