co2 at 5psi for 48cf ROOM?

dough

I have a regulator i can set at 2-10 psi, attached to a 20lb co2 tank..and a electric solenoid that im going to put on a recycling timer.

how do i make the calculation to archive 1200ppm of added co2 to the room?

i need to figure out how often to open and close the co2 valve at 5psi.

any ideas? ive hit google and wolfram alpha hard and nothing clear.

tks

I have a regulator i can set at 2-10 psi, attached to a 20lb co2 tank..and a electric solenoid that im going to put on a recycling timer.

how do i make the calculation to archive 1200ppm of added co2 to the room?

i need to figure out how often to open and close the co2 valve at 5psi.

any ideas? ive hit google and wolfram alpha hard and nothing clear.

tks

You really need a flow gauge to be able to calculate the volume of gas being released to calculate the PPM relative to the volume of air being supplemented.

You could try filling a bottle with water, invert it in a pail of water and feed in a hose from your CO2 tank. Time how long it takes to fill the bottle with gas then use that known volume vs time to fill to calculate your flow rate then use that to calculate the time required to operate the solenoid to get the desired PPM.

A flow gauge is your best bet. You can have the same volume of gas released in the same time until the tank is near MT. As the pressure in CO2 tank goes down so will the amount of gas being released. I saw one in a pawn shop for $40 but you could probably get one at a big box hardware store for the same or less.

Is the tank you have used for carbonated beverages or a welding tank. The flow gauges are for welding and I don't know if they have the same fitting as a food grade tank.

If you need some help with the calculations post your request in this thread as there may be others curious about this. I'll dust off the calculator and dig around in my library to be able to post a correct answer for you.

You'll still have to do a flow test like I wrote above and give me the dimensions of the room.

You could always get a CO2 monitor but I have no idea what those are worth.

Hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom