Co2 only, no oxygen

stewbacca6

Would this work, if you had a 100% sealed grow box and constantly kept the co2 ppm at 1500, not allowing air to flow in or out ever, provided that you had some way of keeping the room a good temp?

Say you had a fan inside the room that blew on a big piece of ice.
Ive heard the roots need oxygen, but do the leaves and buds?

What do you guys think?

What if you started the grow box where the stem comes out of the ground and had the pot hanging below the grow box?
Im really thinking this could work. Anyone else have an opinion, Moose, Boss, Racefan?

I think to much of even a good thing is just still to much. everything in moderation, after a certian point I think they would sufficate, to much stagnant air/humidity and you will invite mold to flourish. people who use co2 still vent and air exchange, proper ventalation lets the plant find what it needs in gas form, plus carbon levels are at a all time high, natural air mixtures I think is enough, but supplementing has benifits, but you do need to know how from someone with more experance or you will probally just kill them. Just my opinion though...

animals need more than just o2 to live, we at this time are not breathing pure o2, many gasses make up the "air" we breath.

You must almost all of the gasses in the atmosphere, or a replacement, in order to grow a plant. Oxygen is required absolutely. I don;t think it is so much that the plant needs it, but the organisms that create the nutrients as well as what the plant needs. I am sure you could get away with not having some trace elements, but only NASA would know that I think ;-)

Nitrogen (N2) 78 .080
Oxygen (O2) 20 .946
Argon (Ar) 0 .934
Carbon Dioxide
(CO2) 0 .038
Neon (Ne) 0 .00182
Helium (He) 0 .000524
Methane
(CH4) 0 .00015
Krypton (Kr) 0 .000114
Hydrogen (H2) 0 .00005

funny boss I was just surfing for these percentages, not to also mention all the trace gasses, and ozone (o3) and aerosols like microscopic fungi, so on and so on. so much is in our "air" and if found naturaly we and plants need it for some natural purpose.

Food for thought....

All plants create more oxygen then they use, thats why we are able to breath. In a CGE or "sealed room" you need only supply the C02 and nitrogen and the plants will provide an ample amount of oxygen for themselves.

Back
Top Bottom