CO2 What can it do for you?

eBUD

Okay I know plants need CO2. I know too much CO2 can kill a plant. So whats the perfect mixture? What kind of effects will it have on your yeild? Is it worth the money? Could a soil grower use it as effectivly as a hydro grower? Tell me, I am anxious to learn all I can about this! :smokin: thankx everyone:grinjoint:

I noticed an immediate improvement in my hydro grow when I started CO2. I think it's the missing link as long as you don't drown them in it. ;-) Definately worth the money; however, keep your eyes open for a deal. We got our second 20lb tank (unfilled) with the regulator for $20. It was a steal.

Be carefull Fox. I have heard of people getting introuble for purchasing too much CO2 in high producing areas. This is another RED flag kind of deal like the electric bill. But a couple 20lb tanks dont hold much and are used for tons of hobbies, mostly welding and automotive hobbies. Im goin to look for a bigger tank but i have a few smaller ones that im going to fill and play with. Thankx everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

Well eBud, Many companies, like beverage, bar, restaurants, and also Paint ball guns need co2, they used alot by these people that need them, I am not scared to refill, Nothing to worry. 20lb tank actually will last a little over a grow during flowering. at 5psi I'm pushing mine at 8 psi. Think outside the box, prolly not good to burn before you go to refill, or yes it would give them suspicion. They exchange the tank, you never get the same tank back, so don't buy a nice expensive one.

I have a GOD BLESS AMERICA T-shirt on today and im damn proud to wear it. Got it 2 years ago and didn't want to wear it. Now we are in the green literaly

W/ the burner it became very costly $30 to fill the propane and Lucky to get two weeks @ 1500 PPM's

Burns up cash but adds to yields drastically 30-40%

Good investment for any commercial Opps A MUST!!!

Good Luck GL1

Don't get me wrong, when used correctly it's great but unless your taking the steps to use co2 right your just wasting money. A TOTALLY sealed grow room is required. A way to measure how much co2 is being entered into the room is required as well. All exhaust must be turned off during injection and afterwards to allow the plant to absorb the co2 because if you don't it's a waste. Personally IMO a lot of growers want it to make a difference so they convince themselves it is when all they are really doing is dumping it down the exhaust port. You could probably get the same co2 benefit by spending more time in the room breathing deeply. I know this because i've been there and done it. i have a old tank and regulator sitting out in the shed right now with a ton of other outdated and unneeded grow related supplies.
Personally if you don't have your grow dialed in 100% your just wasteing your time with the co2. Get things running at top notch then worry about trying to upgrade to bigger and better.

Okay so while you are running the CO2 one needs to seal up their room so that its not to diffuse into other rooms and is consentrated so that after a given ammount of time you could Vent the room. Is this correct? How much of a positive effect could one see on yeild doing this correctly. Ive heard 30% to 50% if you have your grow right. Im still learnin so advice is more than welcome. Thank you everyone

Anyone out there ever heard of one of them DIY generators. Yeast sugar ect.? I have a mini box with a 150 HPS in it. I wondered it those things can put out enough to make any differance atall. Stay Down Wood

I read in another thread that this guy on the site was doing that surag and yeast in a milk jug and emptying it like twice a day to ge tthe desired effect. Whats that process called? Im interested in learning all these different ways of growing/ modifying your grow.

Dude I watched made his was using a 5 gallon jug and it is suppose to last alot longer than acouple days least I heard. Up to 30 days anyways. It was for a aqua plants, but he had a lot of bubbles coming from it. I fuggure if I put it on top of the shelf in my closet well, guess one way to find out, ya think? Stay down Wood

Heres one place to see it. YouTube - DIY co2 reactor The one I saw made was with a plastic 5 gal gas can. It put out some CO2, least what I saw. Stay Down Wood

Hells yeah thats interesting..... It would be best to release the co2 above the plants so it falls down on them because co2 is denser than air right? Or is there a better way to distribute co2 in a soil grow. Thinkin about trying out a hydro bucket set up.
thanks for the sweet link norcaliwood :smokin:

I would imagine that putting it higher would be better I'm not sure plants even take co2 thru the roots. I know its heavier than oxogen so it will fall to the leaves. And they guy I seen doing this was using a 5 gal. gas can so I can imagine hes using at least 3-4 cakes of yeast if not more. From what I understand tho you should use a sealed system to avoid losing it anyways. Well if I ever start using my box I will probly try it myself. Stay Down Wood

Yup your gonna have to have a have a sealed room for sure. But its so cheap and if your grow is going pretty well it will definitely help more then hurt. I plan to have sealed container set up pretty close to how they do it with the fish tanks but my tubes will be attached to the back of a small circulating fan. I tried it earlier with my grow and it does start to stink but its cool you know its working.

Yes Yes and Yes Sealed is a must IMO for optimal results and having the controler and knowing your levels is also very important... You are trying to give the plant the sickest most happy enviorment!!! Disney Land for Plants LOL

I seen drastic results especially when using it on early seedlings w/o feeding they blow up... I think that if anyone that has not tried it they would be very happy w/ the New results...

The room I'm in now is sealed and the initial set up was costly but I have friends just using Panda and getting it as tight as possible... You can get real fancy with fan intake and exhaust setups and I feel that is a must for the summer otherwise you will need a water cooled A/C BIG$$$$$$$ and high high electric bills in the summer with the heat...

Good Luck

GL1

We pay less than $20 to fill a tank that lasts about 3 weeks.

In what phase does yours last 3 weeks? i am in flwrng and using 1 tank a week in a 9x10. so i am wondering if I am just spewing co2 frivously. I used the calculations from the instructions of the hydrofarm regulator. 15 min on 15 min off thru the light cycle. how are you using it.?
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom