Coco and soil grow?

Newguyhere

I like my soil grow an di understand the coco is more of a hydroponics grow but I was looking to maybe trying a 60%-40% soil coco grow because I feel im not getting enough airation with just soil but I don't want to lose my natural nutrients from my soil or have to change my nuts. any one with experienced advise on this?

I've grown in just amended coco/perlite before. It seemed to work great. I've also mixed coco in with fox farms soil and added amendments and that worked great too. It's better to do short term plants with coco though because it tends to compact over time. No more than 3 or 4 months in one pot.

I am currently using fox farms ocean forest soil as well, i didn't know if i would have to add anything to my grow medium if i did a 60-40 soil coco grow or not, would you suggest i do?

It depends on if you want to use nutrients with it or not. If you plan on using bottled nutes, then you don't really need to add anything extra, but if you just want to use water, you will want to amend the soil with some nutrients after you add coco and perlite.

This is one of the most tried and true soil recipes on the internet right now (you don't need any nutrients with this one):
Subcool's soil recipe for flavor and potency (he has a couple of them, some of them go more for weight):
8 large bags of a high-quality organic potting soil with coco fiber and mycorrhizae (i.e., your base soil)
25 to 50 lbs of organic worm castings
5 lbs steamed bone meal
5 lbs Bloom bat guano
5 lbs blood meal
3 lbs rock phosphate
¾ cup Epsom salts
½ cup sweet lime (dolomite)
½ cup azomite (trace elements)
2 tbsp powdered humic acid

If you added coco/perlite to this mix, you would probably need to use some bottled nutrients - starting a couple weeks after planting.

I use dyno-grow and dyno-bloom products right now and was thinking about switching to advanced nutrients for my next one. I see great results now but I see other ppls grows with advanced nutrients and they seem to like it better..I am between aptus and advanced nutrients but not sure yet... Still looking for the best nutes out there, ofcourse everyone has there own opinion though.

I am between aptus and advanced nutrients but not sure yet... Still looking for the best nutes out there, of course everyone has there own opinion, though.

Maybe I'm missing something here, or maybe I'm just dense, but why are you adding soil at all if you're using the Hydro nutes to begin with?? I've used the Dyna line nutes in hydro before. Same with Canna or General Hydroponics (my current grow) so I'm just wondering why not just use the coco and perlite and leave the soil out of the picture all together??

Just wondering, Andy.:allgood:

Back
Top Bottom