Colas are falling off

Re: Colas are falling off.

I live in the high desert in LA,CA. The plants are in the ground, outdoors. She grower from a Mexican seed. About 5' tall and round. Last week the salt water pool spilled over. No direct salt water to the plant. Now her colas are dry and falling off.

I live in the high desert in LA,CA. The plants are in the ground, outdoors. She grower from a Mexican seed. About 5' tall and round. Last week the salt water pool spilled over. No direct salt water to the plant. Now her colas are dry and falling off.

When you say no direct salt water to the plant, do you mean none at all or just none spilled onto the plant? Could your plant have taken in some of that spilled salt water via the roots? If so, that could explain the problem with the colas.

Hi. Thanks for replying. I've been flushing with clean water, since the incident. However it was just too much for the Skywalker. I harvested her and will use it for butter and oil.
The Mexican colas have slowed down. After about half a pound fell off. :yikes:

Hi. Thanks for the reply. I sure the salt got in via the root system. One of the other plants is completely dead.
The Mexican has some new growth. And not as many colas are falling. I flushed with clean water. This week I'm going to give her a little sweet water. Maybe that will help.

Hey Red. It may have been the salt. I don't know what else could have caused that. The plants that were not near the salt are perfect.
I added a little molasses to the water (1 tbsp. per gallon). She liked it before. Also this weekend I'll give them some beer. Also her favorite drink. LOL!
I had an above ground pool over the summer, every summer. I use salt with a converter, instead of chlorine, to maintain the pool water. Many gallons over flowed from the pool. The first time Jack Herer died right away. The second and last time Skywalker died after two weeks. The Mexican has a the cola issue.

p.s. When you said "Red" I thought you meant me, because I'm a natural redhead. But how could you know that.

hey Des,You would be surprized what all I know haha..Well now that you know what causese it whats the plan?Plant up hill of the pool? Oh by the way ,this site is a gold mine of info for us novis growers.Even though this is my 3rd out door grow.I have lots to learn. One is I plan on getting mold resistent strains. Up here in the Great North haha mold is a BIG issue.even though I built a hoop tent so the plants stay dry they still have mold issues !! mabey next time ...So Red .... Happy Hemping and you take care,The other Red

Back
Top Bottom