Colloidal silver spray

K.puff&stuff

Hi guys been spraying one of my small clones to get pollen when I started the plant was maybe a week into flower then I started sparying the stuff on. Any one know about this stuff. It say may take up to 24 days If it starts to give me pollen saks when do you polinate the other plant right away or in middle of flower or when you first put into flower???

If it starts to give me pollen saks when do you polinate the other plant right away or in middle of flower or when you first put into flower???

If you do so when you first switch the plant that is to be your female in the equation to a flowering light schedule, you'll only have the few flowers that were produced during the vegetative phase (aka "preflowers"). Which might be very few, indeed, if you are switching as soon as she becomes sexually mature and able to produce such things in the first place.

Each calyx is ONE potential seed. How many do you want? Let that be your guide. Red/orange/shriveled pistils are a sign that the calyx they're extend from is most likely past it's "use by" date. (Or, alternatively, that it has successfully become pollinated.) But it'll be quite a while before that, of course.

Figure a month, more or less, for seed development, and deduct that from your flowering period length. Don't wait past then.

IMHO, of course.

I understand but what about the pollen were balls take how long Ive been spraying the plant every day the leave are wilting a little but I haven't seen the balls. your saying I should see them in another month. I know after that I can pollinate a plant a fully mature clone at its final stages of flower. I would like to have about 50 seeds to keep my crown royal I also want to pollinate my Laughing Buddhas. I will keep the pollen from the crown and when the Buddhas are ready I will pollinate them
to get another strain.

I understand but what about the pollen were balls take how long Ive been spraying the plant every day the leave are wilting a little but I haven't seen the balls. your saying I should see them in another month.

Uh... No. I was stating that, you should allow for approximately a month for seeds to form and mature after a female flower has been pollinated.

I've never used colloidal silver. I can take a few seconds to hunt up a few threads here that discuss the practice for you (see below, assuming I do not forget). I have done such things in the past, but used STS (silver thiosulfate). One is about as good as the other (more or less), I suppose - and it's more difficult to get the ingredients to make STS solution these days (I don't even know if there is a photography supply house - to say nothing of a scientific supply house - left in my town any more).

Anyway... It has been quite a few years since I did such things. But, IIRC, I sprayed the first time, "soaking" the target plant to the point of runoff. I sprayed the plant (again, to the point of runoff) 14 days later. As soon as it dried (after the second spraying), I immediately placed it into the flowering room under a (generally) 12:12 light schedule.

I saw male flowers appear and be "ready to pollinate" (lol) female ones approximately a month later. The exact time could vary a few days one way or the other, depending on strain - but it was safe to assume 30 days. There's a bit of a window, here.

The "30 days for seed to develop in fertilized (pollinated) calyxes (female flowers)" is also a general rule. Some seeds are ready a little sooner. But it's best to assume a lengthier period of time is required than the absolute minimum for best results - you don't want to harvest bud that is full of immature seeds. So assume 30 days / one month.

It was really no big thing to work out when to do the "sexual reversing" of the target plant. I scheduled things so that I could place the target (treated, I mean) plant into the flowering room a month (or a little bit less than that) before I expected the female flowers on the "still a girl ;) " plant to be... receptive, so to speak.

It's late and I am perpetually exhausted these days, so I am probably making a mess of describing what really is a very simple thing. So I will definitely remember to add some thread links for you, below.

BtW, I have heard of people spraying more often (even several times per day) when using colloidal silver instead of STS. To be honest, I do not know whether this is because they are using store-bought CS which is weaker than optimum (it's real easy to make your own CS generator), because this substance is just less effective than STS in general, or if it's some combination of the two. I suspect the latter, but do not know for sure.

I know after that I can pollinate a plant a fully mature clone at its final stages of flower.

Well... If you pollinate a (female) plant (clone or otherwise) "at its final stages of flower," then you're either royally screwed, lol, or you'd best hope that it wasn't actually in its final stages of flowering after all. Immature seeds aren't good for anything, really. But we generally harvest our ladies a little earlier than that. Still and all, when she's done, she's done. The ultra-late flowering spontaneous production of opposite-sex (male) flowers really is a "last gasp" survival mechanism. It is a mechanism intended to produce offspring (seeds) that will survive the Winter and, hopefully, grow into plants the following year when (again, hopefully) there will be one or more male plants in the area that can then pollinate those selfed females. But I certainly would not wait until that late point in time to BEGIN hand-pollinating the plants that I'm hoping to harvest a viable seed crop from. I mean... If not, I'd expect you to end up with some viable seeds - and a lot of immature ones. (But I could be wrong; I never waited that long when doing such things - again, it takes time to "grow a seed." Just like it takes time to "grow a baby" after you successfully... err... pollinate your wife ;) . In this case, that length of time is around a month instead of the nine (ten) months for a baby Homo sapiens to pop out after the actual grunt and giggle takes place.) But, again, it also takes time for the male flowers to develop. Unlike us, it only takes (generally, a few days less than) a month instead of... seven to ten years for the boy parts on people to start functioning for more serious activities than making yellow water and occasional(?) self-entertainment.

So you cause the male flowers to be created (and open, "dropping" their pollen so you can collect it unless you want to cause wholesale screwing up pollinating of your entire harvest). This is done while the female flowers - on the female plant(s) - are also developing. You place them together and hope that they hit it off collect the pollen and carefully, with the fan(s) OFF(!!!) dab it on with something like a fine artist's paint brush or other handy tool, wait another month (thereabouts) and can begin harvesting your seeds. And then Bob's yer uncle, lol - you're a stepdaddy. Or something. It's really simple. Remember, though, a little pollen goes a LONG way. In theory, the pollen produced by one or two male flowers is enough to pollinate several entire female plants. But that's assuming the hypothetical "one grain of pollen per female flower," which is of course so unlikely to be patently impossible. Although people often mix their collected pollen with something like flour so that they can better spread the stuff out. And like Mama always said, wash your hands when you're done playing <WINK>. In fact, change your clothes (they can easily get contaminated with pollen) and jump in the shower. Always best to prevent... unwanted pregnancies.

I would like to have about 50 seeds to keep my crown royal I also want to pollinate my Laughing Buddhas.

Yeah, you'll definitely want to do the hand-pollination thing. Otherwise, 50 seeds... can end up being 5,000, LMFAO. For exampe:
20160413_083659.jpg

Thanks to member Rifleman for uploading the picture I just used.

Oh, the links:
Icemud's How To Make Feminized Seeds Using Colloidal Silver
How to Make Feminized Seeds With Colloidal Silver - Sponsored by Intelligent-Gro LED
Colloidal Silver Success! DIY - Female Pollen In 2 Weeks!
Can I start colloidal silver 11 days into 12/12?
breeding cuts from same mother w/colloidal silver thx in advance
Creating Female Seeds Using Colloidal Silver - With Doc Buds High Brix Blend Kit
Producing Feminized Seeds Using Colloidal Silver
Colloidal silver
Colloidal Silver Generator owners/creators chime in!
Breeding Question - re: Colloidal Silver
GG7's Colloidal Silver Seed Project - Featuring Ken's Cut GDP and M.O.N. Blue Cheese
Making Feminized Seeds Of My Own Auto Strain - Lucky 13 - Using Colloidal Silver
Help - Colloidal silver to create female pollen

As you can see, there's a lot of information here on the subject. Hope they help.

Torturedsoul Thank you for clearing that up for me and i'm sure others as well that are fallowing the thread . Great info man well done the stuff i'm using is Tiresias Mist

I almost finish a 4 once bottle of the stuff I got nothing but a plant you cant smoke now
What was the strength of the CS solution that you used? The first link from TS takes you to IceMud's tutorial which recommends colloidal silver around 50ppm. He later states that this is not always successful.

Tiresias Mist seems to be aimed at the cannabis industry, so I would have expected better results. The instructional video claims that you don't have to soak the whole plant, just spray the branches you want to generate pollen sacks 2 or three times a day.

When I mean soak the plant i meant my plant is in a gallon pot very small plant that's the one I wanted to use for pollination . I did it for 3 weeks and nothing 4 once bottle 56 bucks the plant is still growing showing female buds nothing else. and they say that you cant do much with it because its not good for health reason

I used a spray last spring/summer to self pollinate a Train Wreck auto plant. I did not spray it. Instead I started to brush it onto the branches and stems of one single branch the second I suspected the plant was starting to flower. I brushed it on the same branch every morning for 28 days, used about 1/3 of a 1oz bottle. About 4 weeks after the first application female pollen sacks started to show up on the treated branch. Not a whole bunch of them but enough to give me these. I did nothing other then make the pollen sacks with the spray. Had I known more at the time I could have bagged and shaken the plant, collected pollen and brushed it on etc. But there were over 100 seeds which tickled me to death. I kept some, shared some, and traded some.

This was the plant involved.

How long have you been spraying the plant for so far?

Great info, I plan on trying this next month and making my own colloidal silver, already built my ghetto generator and have silver bars.

Nanner hum so the plant is showing sign of male and female on same branch so these are pollen sac b ut i cant see a banana all i see is this on a branch I will look again or star a new thread

Back
Top Bottom