Confused

All I can say is I sure wish you were my neighbor! My friend in Az has COPD also and did make her own oil for capsules. She was discouraged because the bud is just so expensive in Az. I can get an ounce for about $65 whereas I think it would be more like $300 in Az.

I think you should market your idea. Make me some gummies I can take at bedtime. There, I feel better having finished putting in my order! :)

I was making brownies for the daughter for her sleep meds when we decided it made more sense to formulate an infused oil at 10 mg/ml so we could better control the dose.

I made some at 10 mg per capsule and some with only 5 mg. Now, instead of breaking off a chunk of brownie she takes 15 mg of THC infused in EVOO. If she wakes and needs another dose to finish the night she takes a 5 mg capsule.

The brownies worked, but the capsules do too, and they’re more controllable for dose as well as more easily transported for use away from home. In the end we’re conserving resources and getting the same, if not better results.

Around these digital halls I’m everyone’s neighbor. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

If your friend were mine I’d explore an infused oil, and I’d keep my ears open for rumblings of atomized Canna meds. They’re on the horizon.

There’s always hope. We were evolved to heal. :battingeyelashes:

I was making brownies for the daughter for her sleep meds when we decided it made more sense to formulate an infused oil at 10 mg/ml so we could better control the dose.

I made some at 10 mg per capsule and some with only 5 mg. Now, instead of breaking off a chunk of brownie she takes 15 mg of THC infused in EVOO. If she wakes and needs another dose to finish the night she takes a 5 mg capsule.

The brownies worked, but the capsules do too, and they’re more controllable for dose as well as more easily transported for use away from home. In the end we’re conserving resources and getting the same, if not better results.

Around these digital halls I’m everyone’s neighbor. :battingeyelashes::green_heart:

If your friend were mine I’d explore an infused oil, and I’d keep my ears open for rumblings of atomized Canna meds. They’re on the horizon.

There’s always hope. We were evolved to heal. :battingeyelashes:

Atomized Canna meds...are you talking about the cartridges they make now for vaping or is this something new?

Atomized Canna meds...are you talking about the cartridges they make now for vaping or is this something new?

I’m not certain what you’re speaking of, but I’ve seen some of the vape cartridges, and they’re simply liquid that gets vaporized. I’ve just heard rumblings myself of the atomized administrations and haven’t yet chased anything down, but it’s smaller molecules than vaporizers produce, to my understanding.

They’re learning how to make oil water-soluble. I’d think that step should make getting the meds atomized easier to pull of.

R.S.O. Is the way to go, I’m a bilateral double lung transplant 12 years ago and have found this to b the best way to releave pain, as for witch strain to chose, I prefer strains with higher cbd’s. My.02$ Thats
Rick Simpson oil.

Rick Simpson Oil and Concentrated Cannabis Oil are the same thing.

May I ask, what ratio of THC:CBD are you finding most effective? Please, feel free to share as much detail on your personal regimen as you can, such as how often you dose, the dose volumes, and any experience you’ve had with your regimen that stands out in your memory.

We’re learning as we go, and the more we share the easier we can make it on those who come behind us. :battingeyelashes:

I'm needing to know the strain to use COPD if anyone can help me I'd appreciate it. Just now getting started so looking forward to all the wonderful help.
Hey hoopy,, we have copd, wanted to see what others said before I choked in ... Pardon the pun. While smoking is really hard on us, vaporizing is far better.. Yes blue dream and Harlequin oils are a better version to vape,, a little less harsh and coughy.. Don't give up.. And don't just depend on forums,, theere are plenty of resources to exhaust before settling in to a particular strain or method of delivery.. In the meantime,, stay on your pharma, and BREATH. READ READ READ.

Yes,vaping is better than smoking, that said RSO is the easiest on the lungs of all the options out there.
Don’t smoke it,ingest instead.

Edibles are my preference as well Bud, just not for the same reasons. :battingeyelashes:

Are you processing your oil in any way to make it more bioavailable? We’ve come across a couple tricks, most importantly the addition of liquid sunflower lecithin which will both speed up onset and extend the therapeutic window almost like a time-release formulation.

Are you ingesting by capsule or smearing on the oral mucosa and letting it absorb?

Have you any idea what your doses are, and are you willing to share how often you dose? I’m a big fan of spreading the troops out over 3-4 doses a day myself. How have you learned to dose for greatest effect?

From your post I assume it’s working for you. Are there any special tricks you’ve learned to bring relief in times of higher stress?

I’m a curious one Bud. I do a lot of backdoor counseling, helping confused members weed through the overwhelming data coming in, and I’m always on the lookout for what’s working for someone else. Your success excites me and I’m hoping I can pick your brain a little before you wander off. :battingeyelashes:

Hi Sue,my real first name is John and I live In a state that does not abide, that being said I would be glad to speak to u about this subject. First off I’m a nam vet and am 65 years old now I was a draft card carrying hippy before that. I contracted pulmonary fibrosis about 13 years ago.With no options other than death.I began looking into transplant hospitals and of corse survival rates. Luckily the best was in my own back yard(what I mean is) it was driving distance.
As far as my meds,thay range from my anti-rejection meds, to my homemade RSO CAPS 3 Times a day
I grow and process my own rso and have done so for the last 5 years.
After the surgery,when I woke with my wife by my side,I asked her how long I had been asleep? She told me that I had been kept in a drug- induced coma for 30 days, I think my reaction was I’m alive!!!after a few more days in the icu I went to the transplant floor for recovery........ all the time feeding me meds for pain along with the rest of the transplant meds. AND PAIN there was,lots of it !!!
When I got my legs back in working order ( muscle atrophy) I left the hospital and my wife drove me home,I rember being so weak,my son had to carry me up the front steps of my own home. Slowly, ever so slowly I began to breath a bit easier but that’s when depression hit me I was sleeping 16-18 hours a day and the meds just made it worse. I was still taking the pain meds that the pulmonologist wrote.
Just not for pain any more I WAS HOOKED ive never been hooked on any thing in my life, I’ve danced
Around the fire but never got burned if u know what I mean. Once I realized what was going on I dumped the rest of the pain meds down the lew and stayed in my room for 4-5 day coming out only to vomit and hydrate.
Shortly after that my depression seem to lift a bit after losing the pain meds, I still have pain, across my chest and that’s what led me to RSO. It seemed like a reasonable possibility to explore to solve my pain problems, and it was..... I’ve been experimenting with diff.strains,and I have found that there isn’t enough truth given about cbd’s and thc for a accurate account 1to11/2 mil.is what I put in my caps taken 9:30am,3pm.and before bed. I hope this helps Sue

Hi Sue,my real first name is John and I live In a state that does not abide, that being said I would be glad to speak to u about this subject. First off I’m a nam vet and am 65 years old now I was a draft card carrying hippy before that. I contracted pulmonary fibrosis about 13 years ago.With no options other than death.I began looking into transplant hospitals and of corse survival rates. Luckily the best was in my own back yard(what I mean is) it was driving distance.
As far as my meds,thay range from my anti-rejection meds, to my homemade RSO CAPS 3 Times a day
I grow and process my own rso and have done so for the last 5 years.
After the surgery,when I woke with my wife by my side,I asked her how long I had been asleep? She told me that I had been kept in a drug- induced coma for 30 days, I think my reaction was I’m alive!!!after a few more days in the icu I went to the transplant floor for recovery........ all the time feeding me meds for pain along with the rest of the transplant meds. AND PAIN there was,lots of it !!!
When I got my legs back in working order ( muscle atrophy) I left the hospital and my wife drove me home,I rember being so weak,my son had to carry me up the front steps of my own home. Slowly, ever so slowly I began to breath a bit easier but that’s when depression hit me I was sleeping 16-18 hours a day and the meds just made it worse. I was still taking the pain meds that the pulmonologist wrote.
Just not for pain any more I WAS HOOKED ive never been hooked on any thing in my life, I’ve danced
Around the fire but never got burned if u know what I mean. Once I realized what was going on I dumped the rest of the pain meds down the lew and stayed in my room for 4-5 day coming out only to vomit and hydrate.
Shortly after that my depression seem to lift a bit after losing the pain meds, I still have pain, across my chest and that’s what led me to RSO. It seemed like a reasonable possibility to explore to solve my pain problems, and it was..... I’ve been experimenting with diff.strains,and I have found that there isn’t enough truth given about cbd’s and thc for a accurate account 1to11/2 mil.is what I put in my caps taken 9:30am,3pm.and before bed. I hope this helps Sue

John, that was incredibly helpful. Thank you for taking the time to get it all down. :hug: I was pleased to see you’re splitting the dose up to three times a day.

I agree with you about the truth in advertising on potential cannabinoid concentrations, but I’ve reached the opinion that each patient has to carefully and thoughtfully find their own sweet spot for effective Canna meds, so I’m not so concerned about it anymore.

The CBD isolate powders kinda changed the playing field for me, although I’ve yet to try using any to formulate a medicine. That’s definitely in my near future though. Once I’ve relocated I’ll be building new ratios using the isolate powder in hopes of finding the regimen that effectively treats psoriasis.

John....are you using a topical on your chest area? We’ve had such marvelous success with the topicals I tend to push the idea of incorporating them into the regimens. They do so much more than relieve pain. We have members using topicals to halt or vanquish migraines, they can be used to lighten the mood when applied to the top of the spine and up the back of the neck, and they’re much more effective in relieving deep pain in the body than most expect.

If you aren’t using one now it’s certainly something to look into.

Thank you again John. Every little bit of information adds to the knowledge base and helps with the next challenge. Little by little we’re coming closer to using cannabis instinctively again. That makes my heart sing a happy little song. :battingeyelashes::love:

I’m an old hippy myself. I never let go of my card. Lol!

Happy to reply, no I’ve never used topicals my self. As my sainted grandma use to say “it couldn’t hurt” I would like to try it. I must research how to make this first? Thanks Sue

Back
Top Bottom