Electric bill

Corporaten45

I've been reading how if your growing you can get caught because of a higher electricity bill or they have something that can detect if your growing [i've only read briefly about this and don't know exactly what it is] ??

REALISTICALLY how easy is it to get caught growin? Are there any steps to take hide your grow? If your caught what's the jail time? :peace:

Re: Consequences of Growing?

i don't know, and I just started growing. I figure if youre careful regarding buying equipment and such, and keep your mouth shut, then you'll be OK. Are you planning a major grow op or for personal use?

the supreme court recently in the past 5 years or so ruled that it is now illegal for police to spy on peoples homes by infrared tech, its privacy invasioin. so dont worry about that, conserve electricity and make sure ur house doesnt reak of sweet mj from the outside.

In all honesty, if you aren't running a huge grow op, the lights for 4-8 plants aren't going to raise your electric bill THAT much. Besides, its going to be summer soon here in the USA, and AC units always raise the electric bill. So now is a good time to start, and when your bill stays elevated (if its that noticeable at all really), you wont be suspect.

The only time electric bills are really noticed is when they spike really high..

I use fiber optics so my bill goes no higher than it already is but its through the roof already, But my sis grows in a frig and they are insulated apparently and if anybody comes out looking she just has a xtra frig in here garage ( the one in the garage has food in it the one in the kitchen has weed in it) she says the one in the garage is more suspisious and she says people can steal her food she'll buy more if they steal her babies she wouldkill them.

Ya, i only plan on a personal grow of only a few plants or so. My only concern is when you start using all those different bulbs, won't those just suck up energy, making your bill "spike?" And is it actually that hard to start/make a grow room and then is it complicated to grow?

Just recently I've gotten interested in growing my own weed and in all the different kinds/strains. I just see it like i'm watching my babies grow up.

dude, its the next best thing after smoking. Its worked wonders for me, relaxing to grow plants and relieves a lot of stress. not very complicated if you can follow simple directions.

Hey what do you all think of Hydro vs. soil, what would be easier for a beginner like me???

soil is more forgiving. Hydro needs constant attention. The electric bill is not to bad as long as you stay small.

screw hydro iam conventional soil, i love soil, i tried my hand at hydro and personnally my a.d.d screws me on that. anyway soil is my fav medium. and i didnt really have an energy spike with a 1000watt mh going.

Some strains would have been less forgiving.

Kittyloaf said:
hydro's easy as pie!

Seriously! I left my plants for 4-5 days, and returned... they looked fine, though the water-level was low...

hydro once i get the soil down, but first time def soil. i might have already killed my girls if i tried hydro first

Back
Top Bottom