What is your weekly/monthly electricity bill?

Not saying they don't have good results but are they pulling 13 lbs off 19 plants I doubt it. I've never seen those kinda of results with led. Look I'm about to grow for the state of Washington I've been growing medically on a large scale for over 5 years. Growing almost 17 years. Ive seen not one not 2 but at least a half dozen commercial grows where they spent over 100,000 in led lighting and after it not producing enough product it cost 2 of those operations there life cause the couldn't recover that investment quick enough. And I could link you to northwest leafs harvest issue with an article explaining this. And zero of Washingtons top 5 facilities are using led.

I get for some people led, they might love but if this is a business or you want the most yield and quality led just isn't quite there yet. And side note if I spent a 1000$ on a led I wouldn't be to happy to admit that something half the price or less out performs it

Led technology is getting better but just still not on par with a t5 and hps setup.
If anyone doubts I think I can find a university of Colorado study explaining spectrum. And why led can't achieve quite the same results. And if led is so amazing why is 80% of America's indoor produce (actual vegetables) grow with hps in bloom. As well as mh usually

if LED isn't as good as you think it is, why are 95% of the grow journals on here LED, and of those 95%, at least 90% are HPS converts?

however, your mind is already made up, and I've no interest in trying to change it for you, so peace out, bro :peace:

my LED harvests are at least twice what my HPS ones were, with the same beans from the same packet, in the same tent using the same bottles of Earth Juice :peace:

Look at my yields compared to yours my smallest plant last harvest was 7.25oz and biggest last harvest was just under 16. Are you pulling that weight? Are your products testing in mid twenties thc? If so let's see results

A Lil disclaimer though
When I grow it's in hundred or thousands of Sq ft.
So in a tiny closet or a tent I'm sure led is the way to go. But not a large scale. At least at this time in technology. These grow journals you mention are like 90% tents or closets. Yes in an application where heat, exhaust and space you are limited so maybe that's the best option but at that point are you really trying to get everything out of them. Probably can't.

I'm not bashing your setup what works for you works for you. But when I'm having fellow growers have me come re design there setup and we throw there Leds on Craigslist and are happy with there next commercial grows it says something. If you doubt this look at the builds I've done. Google clima grow. It's here in Washington state

Blueballavnger, I think you just got bumped

I was talking to my brother at home,and in sw ONTARIO(Canada)
he has 4x1000 2-t5 8 bulb,fans,no heat or ac,home is heated by wood stove

his bill last month was $1622,that does include the house,but its not very big

Yeah i think led will get there but they don't out yield hps. They might produce more gram per watt, but that only looks good on paper because they use less electricity. If you yield more in a run with led than before with hps, were they the same soil, same strain, same conditions, same EXPERIENCE? To ignore that would make me a little hesitant on making that statement. As said before the majority of commercial grows aren't using led for a reason.for the person growing for themselves it's a good investment but on a commercial scale I can't see it out performing hps.

yes that is per month,he does a 64 plant perpetual,8 in a week 8 out a week

400 per week to run-- 26-32c per kwh depending on the time of day

Boom.spoken from truth above me there. If someone gave me free lights I'd love them. That aside I feel I'm a professional grower. I was very hesitant to even join a forum. After all the misleading info I would read. I figured maybe I could help.

On a side note
House and garden
Lumatek
Hortilux
Mitsubishi
Green clean
Clonex
Royal gold soil
Fox farm soil
Hydrofarm
Chimisawa scissors
Boldt bags
Trim bins

I'm available to be sponsored

Boom.spoken from truth above me there. If someone gave me free lights I'd love them. That aside I feel I'm a professional grower. I was very hesitant to even join a forum. After all the misleading info I would read. I figured maybe I could help.

On a side note
House and garden
Lumatek
Hortilux
Mitsubishi
Green clean
Clonex
Royal gold soil
Fox farm soil
Hydrofarm
Chimisawa scissors
Boldt bags
Trim bins

I'm available to be sponsored

Actually guys just a thank you card would be great I've spent 10 of thousands on all your products combined. But hey you never had to just give them to me. I had to try a thousand other crap products first

So yeah about that thank you card

Actually guys just a thank you card would be great I've spent 10 of thousands on all your products combined. But hey you never had to just give them to me. I had to try a thousand other crap products first

So yeah about that thank you card

And on that note I'm out before I say something I shouldn't.

Everyone of us has our own preferences and secret recipes. It's like fender and Gibson or marshall and orange everyone has there taste I guess. I just love big potent yields myself.

Not saying they don't have good results but are they pulling 13 lbs off 19 plants I doubt it. I've never seen those kinda of results with led. Look I'm about to grow for the state of Washington I've been growing medically on a large scale for over 5 years. Growing almost 17 years. Ive seen not one not 2 but at least a half dozen commercial grows where they spent over 100,000 in led lighting and after it not producing enough product it cost 2 of those operations there life cause the couldn't recover that investment quick enough. And I could link you to northwest leafs harvest issue with an article explaining this. And zero of Washingtons top 5 facilities are using led.

I get for some people led, they might love but if this is a business or you want the most yield and quality led just isn't quite there yet. And side note if I spent a 1000$ on a led I wouldn't be to happy to admit that something half the price or less out performs it

Led technology is getting better but just still not on par with a t5 and hps setup.
If anyone doubts I think I can find a university of Colorado study explaining spectrum. And why led can't achieve quite the same results. And if led is so amazing why is 80% of America's indoor produce (actual vegetables) grow with hps in bloom. As well as mh usually

Good post. :cheesygrinsmiley:

LED has gotten dramatically better in the past year, though. A lot of the negative "common knowledge" about LED is rooted in the past.

From a commercial perspective, I think you're right. LEDs are very expensive, and can't produce anywhere near the yield per invested dollar that HIDs can, but as you pointed out, where power cost is very high, they can beat HID. And again, as you point out, for small boutique growers looking for top quality produce, they make sense. In fact, what we're seeing here is lately is pretty universal - some of the best growers on 420 have switched to LED and are producing the best buds they've ever grown.

I made the switch to Intelligent-Gro which is a 10 band spectrum with the latest COB technology and it clearly produces a higher trich density per watt, period, no doubt. :cheesygrinsmiley: This is a fairly universal experience for the growers I follow.

However ...

All the LED panels I've researched have a much smaller footprint than we think. For best effect, you need to mount them high and run twice the power, and that makes them even less cost-efficient.

LEDs for commercial growers will arrive soon. The cost needs to get under a buck per watt for large operations concerned with yield as a primary factor. Even then, HID with reflector and ducting and fans at 50 cents a watt probably makes better commercial sense for the average commercial producer. Those who have a market for premium weed, though, would be well advised to start making the switch.

It's fun to see what some of us pay for power. I pay about $80/mo for my 4x4 bloom room with it's associated veg space. I run 540 watts of LED in 11/13 bloom and 600 watts of LED/MH/CFL combo in 18/6 veg. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Spot on. Graytail. I've seen some commercial growers lose there investment on current cob led tech. It's very close though 1-5 years out maybe. I'll personally wait till I walk through a 50,000 Sq ft operation and see results hands on though.

good write up graytail and dutty panty

Back
Top Bottom