Light bill increase

Lilred

I am seriously thinking of running a couple of autos this winter. No more than two at a time.

I was thinking of cfls.

My question is what was ur electric bill increase like in actual $.
Currently my electric bill is $550/350 per month summer/winter.

So much to learn....so many journals to follow

I would look at LEDs. I started with CFLs and by the time you have enough of them and the fixtures, you could have bought a panel. If you are doing a small grow, a light like a Mars 400 would fill a 2x2 space and grow 2 or 3 plants fine. This panel draws about 180w so it is like leaving 2 100w lightbulbs on in your house for the hours your light is on. With autos, usually 18/6 or 20/4. That shouldn't increase your electric bill by too much. :peace:

I would look at LEDs. I started with CFLs and by the time you have enough of them and the fixtures, you could have bought a panel. If you are doing a small grow, a light like a Mars 400 would fill a 2x2 space and grow 2 or 3 plants fine. This panel draws about 180w so it is like leaving 2 100w lightbulbs on in your house for the hours your light is on. With autos, usually 18/6 or 20/4. That shouldn't increase your electric bill by too much. :peace:
How do I translate that into a $ figure?

So much to learn....so many journals to follow

As the tree huggers block pipe lines for the immense oil reserves and natural gas reserves we have in the US, and as the tree huggers shut down clean coal usage ... the cost of energy will continue to go up at a faster rate. We have coal like Saudi Arabia has oil. It can be used in a clean manner. Natural gas is cheap and clean.

~ Auggie ~

Im in California i use cfl lighting 2-315 in my 4x4 tent i have solar panels on my home the first yr cost was 760$ just 1 lite i now hve 2 cost jumped to a whopping 1500$ last yr imnow moving over to led if can get a savings of 300$-400$ this year im happy cos its still s 4br house with teenagers who dont kno how to turn off litez yet

Im in California i use cfl lighting 2-315 in my 4x4 tent i have solar panels on my home the first yr cost was 760$ just 1 lite i now hve 2 cost jumped to a whopping 1500$ last yr imnow moving over to led if can get a savings of 300$-400$ this year im happy cos its still s 4br house with teenagers who dont kno how to turn off litez yet
The first three words of your post express your biggest problem.
God help California.

Back
Top Bottom