What is your weekly/monthly electricity bill?

Nathanyates

hi everyone, was just wondering what is everyones average electricity bill and what they are running. I am starting a growin 1/2 week so just curious of what people are paying now.

cheers :thanks:

I pay about 500 for the house and everything - probly 300 is the grow maybe 350 :)

Depends on size of bulb really or how many used ?

I use a single 400w for flowering based on 12/12 timing that is 4.8 kw a day, a unit of electric (kw) cost about 15p so my daily cost is apox 75p per day... so every 10 days is £7.50p a month based on 30 days is £22.50p per month extra.

What i'm more likely looking at is £30 per month once i've factored in wattage used by fans etc

PICT000152.JPG
PICT000151.JPG
PICT000255.JPG
PICT000271.JPG
PICT000463.JPG

I also use a 125w cfl 6500k for vegging 16/8 timing, 2kw per day running cost 30p that is cheap as chips... why use a MH for veg when cfl/T5 or 8 tubes can do the job just as well at a lower wattage & electric cost.

PICT000743.JPG
005692.JPG

I also use a 125w cfl 6500k for vegging 16/8 timing, 2kw per day running cost 30p that is cheap as chips... why use a MH for veg when cfl/T5 or 8 tubes can do the job just as well at a lower wattage & electric cost.

this ^ with bells and whistles on; I don't understand why small scale growers would use a 600w MH when CFLs are so good at vegging, and at a fraction of the cost :peace:

T5 in veg is only way to go in veg. Keep in mind I'm using roughly 10,000watts for my bloom rooms all 600 hps and that adds up. Led and cfl may save you money on your electricity but I out yield and test every person I personally know using led or cfl in bloom. I produce 5-7 lbs per month of dried nug. Not counting product I have refined. If you spend a Lil extra on electricity it will pay off 10 fold at finish time. New growers or growers on a budget sometimes only see the short term results not the long term. Yes my electricity is high but 84+ lbs per year is worth it period

primarily t-5 for veg,but I do have to bust out the mh for heat,in the winter,or its heater time,and that aint good, my portable consume 700 wt on low setting

holy shitballs, power is expensive in the USA, our quarterly bill is approx £300, or $470, which is much less than you guys pay per month..

man i know guys that drop 15 hundred a month or more,in some spots its VERY expensive.and they dont have very big gardens

Every new 1,000 watt light costs me like $75 per month in electricity, then you got your fans and other gear too. This month my bill was just under $300.

I've had to do the mh for heat before my rooms had heat pumps and mini splits. I went from using portable heaters and Window ac units that pulled 15amps each. Went to the mitsubishi pulse generating system it was expensive but only draws half an amp.

T5 in veg is only way to go in veg. Keep in mind I'm using roughly 10,000watts for my bloom rooms all 600 hps and that adds up. Led and cfl may save you money on your electricity but I out yield and test every person I personally know using led or cfl in bloom. I produce 5-7 lbs per month of dried nug. Not counting product I have refined. If you spend a Lil extra on electricity it will pay off 10 fold at finish time. New growers or growers on a budget sometimes only see the short term results not the long term. Yes my electricity is high but 84+ lbs per year is worth it period

So gram per what is....... .2-.3? What's the dimension of the room? In ft please I'm ignorant

LED out perform HID now, and this is from personal experience, I made the switch a few months ago..

I'd have disagree with you on that unless you can prove results it's just hearsay. I live up here in Washington and saw a legal grow for 502. There startup was top of the line led gear and guess what after 2 runs they are selling to go back to hps. No one can beat that spectrum or the yields they produce
If you are trying to save money on electricity or heat is a problem then I guess led is an option. Growing is what I do for a living and led still has a ton of catching up period.

I'd have disagree with you on that unless you can prove results it's just hearsay. I live up here in Washington and saw a legal grow for 502. There startup was top of the line led gear and guess what after 2 runs they are selling to go back to hps. No one can beat that spectrum or the yields they produce
If you are trying to save money on electricity or heat is a problem then I guess led is an option. Growing is what I do for a living and led still has a ton of catching up period.

Tell that to Doc, Tav, Curso and Jon705.

Back
Top Bottom