My electric bill is too high

Christinac26

So my electric bill went from 200$ a month to $500 a month. I knew my bill would go up a bit but not that much. Is there any lights I can buy that won’t make my bills so high? Cus at this point. I’m not profiting from growin. I have 6 of these lights bought off amazon
D0DEECE1-BF27-4930-8181-D7913AF53B07.jpeg

Oh wow you have 6 of the glixer style lights , you could run two full spectrum lights and achieve better outcome IMO
Mars hydro makes an efficient light compared to my SF 2000 that puts out 400 w from wall and cover 2by4 area . My electric bill runs about $50 higher with everything running ( not counting my ac yet because I haven’t got that bill with air running. I’ll find out soon

Oh wow you have 6 of the glixer style lights , you could run two full spectrum lights and achieve better outcome IMO
Mars hydro makes an efficient light compared to my SF 2000 that puts out 400 w from wall and cover 2by4 area . My electric bill runs about $50 higher with everything running ( not counting my ac yet because I haven’t got that bill with air running. I’ll find out soon
So are u sayin to run only 2 of my lights ? Sorry I’m a little dumb with this stuff lol

So are u sayin to run only 2 of my lights ? Sorry I’m a little dumb with this stuff lol
He’s saying sell those on eBay and get you some new lights I think. I’m salty at Mars hydro for being a sponsor and not really giving a discount, well a very very small one.... 3 dollars off every 100 bucks is no difference. Lol. But I do like the tsw2000. It’s a good little light.

I think he means if you buy the lights he suggested you can use just two to get same if not better light strength.
What are the dimensions of your grow room.

Depending on your grow area needed and budget either the Mars Hydro TS OR FC series. Got my bill down from 800 and change to 500 and making more bud weight using less power.
:passitleft:

Thats probably about 1200 watts actual total draw, I assume they are drawing 200w or less each.

That shouldn't be more than about .13 cents an hour unless your electric company charges you some insane amount per Kw.
Thats like about $2.60 a day or less than $80 a month
Your electric company might be ripping you off.

Thats probably about 1200 watts actual total draw, I assume they are drawing 200w or less each.

That shouldn't be more than about .13 cents an hour unless your electric company charges you some insane amount per Kw.
Thats like about $2.60 a day or less than $80 a month
Your electric company might be ripping you off.
Nah cus It use to be $220 max before I started to grow

My grow room is 8 by 8 but I split it into 2 fir veg an flower so I have 3 lights in each
So you would need a light to cover 4x4. Im not sure of the coverage on the units he mentioned. Give me a sec ill check.

Two TS3000 would do on a split 8x8 making two 4x4 and run around 900 ish watts.

Or if you got the budget two FC 4800 would do pulling around 960 ish wall watts
:passitleft:

So you would need a light to cover 4x4. Im not sure of the coverage on the units he mentioned. Give me a sec ill check.
Ok the 2000 will only do 2x2 you will need 2 sf4000 lights to do two separate rooms 4x4

For got to add on saving money on power bill. Most electric companies have cheaper rates at night time and high price during days. So having your lights schedule on during nights will save some on bill.

He’s saying sell those on eBay and get you some new lights I think. I’m salty at Mars hydro for being a sponsor and not really giving a discount, well a very very small one.... 3 dollars off every 100 bucks is no difference. Lol. But I do like the tsw2000. It’s a good little light.
As much money as @Mars Hydro makes , you think they could give more than a few bucks off their lights. That would be why I went with someone else for my lighting needs and grow awesome plants.

there are also choices outside of mars featured in the sponsors with competitive pricing and equal or greater build quality.

it might pay to look around. mars doesn't offer much of a board discount because they don't have to. their lights are already competitively priced, and they do a huge amount of online marketing.

For got to add on saving money on power bill. Most electric companies have cheaper rates at night time and high price during days. So having your lights schedule on during nights will save some on bill.

this right here.

check with your local utility and find what the rates are. you can adjust your light cycles to run during the cheapest rate hours.

edit : also even giixxer is building a better board now. you'd do well just to get away from the burples. depending how old the diodes are, you may have lost some efficacy, which means you are chewing through more watts for the same production. any upgrade in to a white light fixture will be an improvement in product and weight.

Back
Top Bottom