Bills, Bills, BUSTED

Hey man thanks for the help. Anything tips help. I'll check into some CFL lights. You think 400 watt lights would work for 2 plants. Too much light? To less light? Keep the comments coming.
~Tamemoe

here's my girl...about ready for harvest...grown with 3 68watt CFL's, and one 27watter...I cloned her 3X too

just baby your plants and dont cut off any fan leaves like I did...but unlike alot of people will say...sometimes without HIDs you have too

Bud224.jpg
Bud128.jpg

Bud610.jpg
GreatPlant.jpg

just my 2 cents, power companys are not the police, most power companys now sub out the billing to other companys anyway, so know one actualy knows how much power you and your family use's anyway, smart meters are for consumers
to make it easy for us and the electric companys (no more meter readers )us so we can see our homes power consumtion and make changes if we want to use less electricity, hell if the electric company were to call the cops if i use more power pretty soon ill be in the slammer because you should see the christmas lights i use at my house.

A 400 watt hps fixture is great for the two plants. Only costs about 14 bucks to run an electronic ballast (a magnetic ballast will be slightly more expensive due to the higher amount of heat loss) 12/12 for 30 days at a rate of 10 cents per kilowatt-hour. Try to balance your grow room power requirement between the phases in your panel and that will help with cost a little bit.

Hey man, good luck if you decide to get started, I just got started on my first forum-assisted grow and I am really digging the support here!

If you've got a decent amount of vertical space for your plants, I think most people would recommend HID's versus CFL's because of better canopy penetration.

I also agree about the electric useage being negligible. Keeping your grow quiet will probably be your biggest challenge! I swore to myself I wouldn't tell anyone...and yet one person knows... well I had to have someone watch it while I was out of town right?

I'd say at least a 2x4 tent. Maybe 4x4. It'd help to figure out how much room your planters will take. You might also consider extra room for storage inside the tent to keep it more stealth by not leaving nutrients and tools around everywhere. I'd go with a 4x4 at least for ample moving room as well as enough headroom for ducting, filter, lighting, inline duct fan, etc. If you're good at tidy workmanship you might be able to arrange it well in a small tent. You may decide down the road to do more plants so the room would come in helpful. Or you may have a clone side/ mother side setup inside the tent. Many things to consider but just keep in mind working space and clearances.

Eeeek trust me a 4x4 tent is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too big for 2 mothers. You can keep 6 mothers in a 4x4 tent. I would recommend a 2x2 or 3x3 tent.. honestly a 3x3 or 3x2 tent would be best for just two mothers. However, a 4x4 tent wouldnt be bad especially if you decided to up your grow.

in my personal opinion i think if your going to use a 4oowatt you should grow atleast 4 or 5 plants...& a 200 or 250 watt its good for 2 or 3 plants & i think you should use fluorescent lights would be good for veg & a 250 or 400 watt for flowering but thats if you are going to grow 5 or more plants but if you grow 2 plants just get a 250 watt for veg & flowering stage...good luck man

A 400wt light over one plant using a scrog can produce a pound of cured bud if done correctly. Don't worry about electric surveilance as long as you pay the bill they do not care. I have run bills of 1800-2400 per month with nobody giving a damn as long as they were paid on time. Remember most growers are shooting for a gram per watt so using a 400wt HID should produce about 100-200 grams from a decent grow but could produce more depending on you.

Back
Top Bottom