Moke's First Grow Personal, Bagseed

mokeforfun

Bag seed cause seeds are expensive and it's the first grow, plus seeds are still expensive and I'm poor.
Don't know the strain. I'm guessing dirt. Haha.
Looks mostly sativa with a slight indica hint.
Week 3 flowering. (I think. Know what I mean?)
Indoor.
MG soil with a fair amount of perlite.
3 in 5 gal buckets with about 4 gal of soil.
1 400 w hps with mylar in about a 30 cubic foot space.
Veg side is a mixed color range of CFLs.
Fans and some odor control on veg and flower side.
Temp on flower is about 78 degrees.
Veg is about 65 degrees but there are only a few small clones and some rockwool seedlings in a dome. I need to bring up the temperature in there but I'm about to move to hydro I think so I'll probably use a reservoir heater and I'll see what difference that makes. Otherwise I'll insulate more.
Don't know RH.
Don't know pH.
No pests.
Plants seem healthy. I'm not worrying much about slight changes. They take care of themselves mostly as far as health as long as they have food and water, right?
I water when the soil tells me it needs it but sometimes I let it dry out a little more than normal. I only feed every third watering which usually comes about every 8 or 9 days depending on whether I let it dry out more than normal.
I am just using sample nutrients from the garden store. Mother plant part A and B (they both have micronutrients as well), Sweet Grape, Thrive Alive Green, and FoxFarm solubles for flowering. It was all free but I like some of them.
Once I start another grow if I decide to I will be using Pura Vida Grow and Pura Vida Bloom, as well as Sweet Grape til it runs out (I might get more but I'll probably look for a more complete micro-nutrient and mineral supplement), Thrive Alive Green, and some sort of PK boost stuff for flower. Trying to keep it as organic as possible. It's not a big deal to me if I have to use 1 inorganic product but why not keep it as natural as God intended it to be?
Once I move to hydro it will be a bubbler system (DWC) with a supplemental drip until the roots are in the solution like they should be.

I'll try to post a few pics from my gallery.

Re: Moke's first grow (personal, bagseed).

cant wait for pics :yummy:

I hope i didn't double-upload anything.

picresized_th_1260282572_DSC01053.jpg

picresized_th_1260282977_DSC01066.jpg

picresized_th_1260284002_DSC01040.jpg

Just some sawdust on the leaves, not worried about it because bugs don't like it and it doesn't hurt the plant.
picresized_1260276357_1633b6d2507cf88a25db415c320a23a2.jpg

picresized_th_1260280685_DSC01035.jpg

picresized_th_1260285084_DSC01022.jpg

New pics as of 12-24.

These two are one node away from each other.
DSC011525.JPG

Same two again.
DSC011512.JPG

Most of the buds are turning darker to the naked eye. I need to pick up a micromagnifying lens pretty soon.
DSC011502.JPG

DSC011502.JPG

DSC011495.JPG

DSC011472.JPG

DSC011461.JPG

DSC011451.JPG

DSC011442.JPG

DSC011434.JPG

I'm starting to think I like soil grows better than hydro as far as the grow itself. Merry Christmas Eve!

I just checked them earlier and I've noticed they're smelling more like the end product so that must mean I'm getting close. I happened to have an epiphany and check my receipt from when I bought the HPS setup and it turns out I'm in the middle of week 6 flowering. Haha I'm an idiot. Week 7 starts on Thursday. I'll see if I can get some decent pictures but not much has changed physically. Just the smell.

:roorrip:

So most of my fan leaves have fallen off now. Today is the end of week 7. Is this maybe a 7 week strain? The buds aren't really getting bigger but some are getting fatter. Starting to think I may have a decent harvest from these three girls. One smells kind of like a nug of sour diesel someone gave me a while back. The other two smell more sweet. I'll more than likely chop them at 8 weeks.
Any ideas on the easiest way to dry and cure?
How about the best way?
What do you do?

Get a $15 scope (60x) and look at the trichomes. Clear trichome heads are early, milky are medium, and amber are well done. It's the right way to know when. It's so cheap it's silly not to. ;)

If you have to guess without, it's when new bud stops forming and the swelling slows, or when all the pistils turn color and die off. Some just get to know the plant and exactly how many successive good days it takes to make a good crop.

:peace:

This is what I saw when I got there except plant 1 was taken out and therefore is not pictured. Most of the fan leaves have fallen off in the last week or two. It's almost all flowers and no fan leaves. They've been on plain, filtered water since day 43. This is day 53.
DSC01175.JPG

There's somewhat of a size comparison. This bud is one of the medium sized ones.
DSC011782.JPG

First one. Light on the flowers.
DSC011802.JPG

Second one. Dense, chunky flowers. This one shows some crystals to the naked eye.
DSC011883.JPG

The third one is the one that smells of the diesel.
DSC011893.JPG

All three together. Ordered 2, 1, 3 as depicted in this update.
DSC011991.JPG

Need to remember to pick up a microscope real soon. Almost the end of week 8. Thanks for looking!

Looks like you're gonna have a nice amount of bud..
we should be friends :cheer: lol

dro :popcorn:

Chopped them the day of the end of week 8. I needed the flowering space, even though I haven't moved my hydro run to flowering, yet. Gonna do that tomorrow. Working on curing now but I smoked some already after a day of drying/curing. It's neat. I'll have to smoke a fatty and see what it does. I put the small flowers in the freezer immediately to try freeze-drying/freeze-curing and I'm gonna make some oil for brownies. It does its job so I'm happy with my results of my first grow. I will post some bud pics and dry weight in due time.

Looks like you're gonna have a nice amount of bud..
we should be friends :cheer: lol

dro :popcorn:

Yeah it looks like the most bud I've ever seen at one time. These plants vegged for about two months so they were really all small bushes. Stems at bottom were about .75". I found some hiding seeds, though. Not sure how that happened. I thought I got the male out quick enough. Oh well, the 5 seeds I've found so far all look viable.

Sorry it's been so long. I haven't really been doing anything here. I got close to 6 ounces from these three plants. Different smokes but they all did the trick. I wish I could get some indica seeds here to grow some medi-type stuff. All bagseed from reg here. But it's still great.

So this is done now. If admin sees this please move to completed journals. Thanks.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Sending you lots of positive energy through the Universe.

Back
Top Bottom