Closet Hash Plant Soil Grow

budsmoker41189

I just picked up a couple of hash plant clones from my local dispensary and I started them in a small cabinet in my apartment. I am going to be getting a 2x2x5'3"Growlab 60 as soon as I get my taxes back. When i move my clones into the tent I'm going to get two more and start them in the cabinet and just keep the cycle going. Having four 12"x12"x12" containers in there and harvest every month or so.

The two clones were about 4" tall when i got them and i put them in small square containers with roots organic potting soil and soaked them with water and 1/2 strength oregonism and 1/4 strength buddha grow(both from roots organic also). I have some pura vida and a pump mister for foliar feeding, the people at the hydro store said it would be a good organic foliar food but after reading about it i don't see that it's either, does seem like a good product though.

I have 2 42w CFL's in the cabinet but nothing for the tent. I have been thinking a lot about LED's and after a little research i think i might get 1 or 2 of the 90w ufos. Then all I have to worry about with venting is odor control and not cooling down a huge HID light and I'll save energy. Does anyone have any suggestions on what i can do with a tent this size as far a lighting. I'm going to put pictures up soon when i can figure this whole resizing thing out.

P1040912.jpg
P1040910.jpg
P1040909.jpg
P1040908.jpg
P1040907.jpg
P1040906.jpg
P1040905.jpg
P1040904.jpg
Alright here we go maybe I'll get some replies now. I decided to get 2 150 watt hps instead of the led's. I also added two afgoo clones from the same dispensary. I also got the international house of guano kit. I have all four plants in 8.5"x8.5" 10 liter pots with some hydroton at the bottom. Will these be big enough to fully bud in? I have some $6 wal mart fans right now but I will be getting a 6" inline fan with a controller dimmer thing and a 4" filter. What do you guys think I should be giving them for nutes? I've got buddha grow by roots organic pura vida grow by techniflora and the international house of guano. This is my first real grow. I've grown twice before once in a closet once in a dresser both using bag seed and miracle grow, both gave pretty bland results. I'm hoping to get some good weed now that I have everything I need. Also I have maybe 3 1/2 feet of grow height with the pots and the light, should I try to fim them or something of the sort. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here's a link to the "how to post photos"...

Start slow with the nutes, new growers almost always over feed and water rather than under feed. Use a 1/4 of the suggested feeding schedule to start, then 1/2, then more as they get bigger. Back off it you get yellow tips.

FIM cuts would work, I prefer LST and then supercrop during the stretch, but there are many ways to cut the height of your canopy and spread it out to get the most light.

Good luck with the grow!

If you keep your veg period fairly short then those pots should do. That place is going to get crowded quickly, I would start LSTing them young and train them for a nice even, filled in canopy.. Why not give half the Roots and the other half the Techno and use the guano with both... You may end up liking one better then the other. Those will do for veg.. What brand of soil are you using? if you don't have a PH meter, may want to get one... Be patient, people will chime in and give you all kinds of ideas... You are in good hands here... :peacetwo:

Have you gotten your tent yet? I am waiting on the exact same tent to arrive so it would be really nice to hear what you think about the GL60 and how everything works out for you space wise. I currently have one hash plant (vulkania seeds) and one bubba kush (greenhouse) that are both in 4" square pots. The BK will most likely be kept as a mother inside the tent for as long as space and time permits. I'm going to be moving the hash plant outdoors late May/early June. It would be awesome if you started a journal so I could follow along with your progress and to compare our hash plants! I'll be starting one soon, just waiting for all my supplies and a solid camera. :goodluck:

High Budsmoker, I can see you're serious about growing.
Let me show you a style that can work for you, as it does for me.

That is a bare (obviously) 250w CMH hanging in a 22" x 30" IKEA wardrobe.
You see two of four nearly mature plants, one @ 32", the other went about 36. Quite different genetics.
One 150 down the middle of your 24" tent would be near ideal, and end your overhead clearance concerns.

Same grow. Never turned for balance, resin production was good as was total yield.

rsz_p1040929.jpg

rsz_p1040928.jpg

rsz_p1040927.jpg

rsz_p1040926.jpg

rsz_p1040925.jpg
Ok so everything is set up the way i like it. I ended up getting a 4'' inline valueline fan and a speed controller. I am using root organic potting soil. But i am having some issues. I dont know if this yellowing issue is nute burn but i doubt it seeing as i have been feeding lightly. I have never checked ph so that might be it as i am using tap water left out for 24 hours to let the chlorine evaporate. The leaves twisting I thought was due to the lights being too close but i raised them 3 days ago and nothing is getting better. As i type i am realizing it is probably a ph issue. I am also in the process of dealing with thrips. I gave them a good spray with doctor doom and it is way better today though here are some left. I just switched the lights to 12/12 today and will be buying my bloom nutes soon if anyone has any suggestions. I might just use guano the whole way through. Also was wondering if i could alternate between jamaican bat guano tea (1-10-.2) and compost+humus tea and no water or is that necessary.

Your PH is going to be a problem. You are going to have to figure something out. I use Roots and when i add my grow to the water, it drops the PH from 7-7.2 down to the low 4's. You are locking all the good stuff out and may sounds like you may need to kick up the nutes as it looks hungry. You have your work cut out for you specially if you don't get it figured out before throwing it into bloom. I hit my plants with guano's every three weeks (directions say once a month) so you would want to add something in between guano feedings. Maybe get a base bloom nute, molasses is cheap.

Greetings fellow closet grower. I really like the layout of your cab. Yours is the first grow I've encountered to use the Sun System 150 HPS ( other than mine). I really like mine and think that it is a great value. Just don't start seeds under it because they will stretch like crazy ( rookie mistake on my part ). If you don't have a ph tester I would recommend the Milwaukee ph600, works well and you can get it online for less that 25 bucks.

A few comments about your photos:

The top photo on the left looks like it has mite damage to me. Also the second picture on the left looks to my eye like magnesium deficiency. It's hard to tell sometimes with photos taken under HPS. Take a look at the link in my sig, there's a thread about fixing the color in HPS shots that's super simple.

Anyway keep up the good work, I'll check in from time to time.

The hydro store near me gives away free compost humus tea on fridays so i'll go get some of that and a ph tester. Do they make organic ph up and down. And what is the best way to inoculate soil with micro organisms. The guy at the hydro store said their free tea is but they also said doctor doom pesticides is organic.

Okay so I've euthanized the hash plants as they were completely infested with thrips and gnats. The Afgoo's are 2 1/2 weeks into flowering. Ive been doing a feeding cycle every 3rd day, watering with Buddha Bloom from roots organic then 3 days later a guano/worm casting/humus/molasses tea then 3 days later just plain old ph adjusted r/o water. O and I finally got a ph tester and the ph of my nutes was 4.3 whis is probably why the leaves looked the way they did. The Afgoo's still have thrips though. Every morning i wake up and give them a good spray with doctor doom which is exactly what I don't want to do as I want all organic but it seems to just stop their growth not get rid of them. I'm going to research some more but if anyone has any suggestions it would help a great deal.

Also my neighbors got bed bugs and terminex had to come through today and check to see if I had any so I took my tent apart and hid the plants in the only logical spot, my refrigerator. It was only for an hour and a half you think this will mess with them. I did it all in the dark, which was quite a task, so I didn't disturb their night cycle. I'm just worried about hermies which I've got in the past and huff donkey balls. I'm going to post pics tomorrow or over the weekend whenever I get the time.

How did this grow turn out?
We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

I harvested 1-1 1/2 oz of the afgoo. I cut them down early because the bugs were out of control. The weed was way better than expected though. Sorry for abandoning but my pc crashed and I'm finally up and running again. I got some more clones going now and their off to a real rough start (I think the soil is too hot) if they make it another week I'll start a new journal.

Back
Top Bottom