Barney's Farm Organic Soil Grow

Re: SouthernWeed's Third Barney's Farm Organic Soil Grow

or wait was the problem the power going out and everything freezing...

would you do the just guano thing again, did that work out for you?

The problem was the power going out and the plants freezing. Did the guano work? I've got close to three ounces per plant in 35 days of flower...yes it worked, and very soon I'll be coming back to this to try again.

Hey bro, bummer on the set-back. You'll have some new plants soon enough. I couldnt help but notice the way the leaves looked, they looked shockingly similar to my last batch.

Almost like the leaves were dry, Idk but I was thinking it was due to the temp/Rh. what are your conditions? I know they had to have changed with the added 600.

Hey bro, bummer on the set-back. You'll have some new plants soon enough. I couldnt help but notice the way the leaves looked, they looked shockingly similar to my last batch.

Almost like the leaves were dry, Idk but I was thinking it was due to the temp/Rh. what are your conditions? I know they had to have changed with the added 600.

My room is well ventilated and cooled, I upgraded my exhaust system before I hung the second light, temp or RH were never an issue. While I'm still not completely sure, I believe the leaf condition on Diamonds was brought on by using to much lime all at once and setting off a cal/mag issue. I removed and completely cleaned both rootballs, half expecting to find a root issue with Diamonds, but both root masses were the picture of health. The leaves looked very bad, that's for sure, but right up until the day the cold got them, they were both swelling at a crazy rate.

My room is well ventilated and cooled, I upgraded my exhaust system before I hung the second light, temp or RH were never an issue. While I'm still not completely sure, I believe the leaf condition on Diamonds was brought on by using to much lime all at once and setting off a cal/mag issue. I removed and completely cleaned both rootballs, half expecting to find a root issue with Diamonds, but both root masses were the picture of health. The leaves looked very bad, that's for sure, but right up until the day the cold got them, they were both swelling at a crazy rate.
No matter what some folks think about you might have did this wrong or that wrong. They're full of it, you had them ladies looking good, and no one can compete with mother nature. Looking forward to your next journal !! And a smoke report from this grow !! :goodjob::surf::smokin:

No matter what some folks think about you might have did this wrong or that wrong. They're full of it, you had them ladies looking good, and no one can compete with mother nature. Looking forward to your next journal !! And a smoke report from this grow !! :goodjob::surf::smokin:

Thanks Brother. I'll have a smoke report once they get a little cure on them, but I've sampled each and they're both very good...very up, crisp high...young trichomes you know...but very, very green tasting still. I'm going to do a little better yield wise than I though as well...looks like it's going to be a little north of 7 oz, but I need another week or ten days before I post a weight.

Good morning to all and welcome to the final post in what has been a very rewarding, if somewhat shortened grow.

Considering these plants only flowered for 35 days, I'm both quite pleased and terribly disappointed at the same time...very confusing set of feelings.

Lucy Sky's final report

Lucy was on her way to being a beast. Her sativa dominance reduced the overall yield when compared to Diamonds, but she still gave 89.6 grams of dried, cured ands trimmed bud. 3.2 ounces from a short flower...she was going to be something to see.

The high is a very up, social high...young trichomes on a sativa dominant plant, how could it not be...and fairly long lasting. There is still a little green taste to it when smoked, but the flavors are emerging. Almost a peppery taste and very expansive smoke...it'll make you cough if you hammer hit a bowl. Vape taste is much better, but it's still got a touch of green taste.

I can't really rate the bud very high...not because it won't stone the hell out of you, but because of the seriously abbreviated flower period, and the absolute knowledge that it would have been much, much better if left for another 3-4 weeks.

Lucy Sky gets a 7.

Diamond's final report

Diamonds was my grow saver. She seemed to be set at warp speed from the day she first showed sex. Internet research found several references to a fast finishing pheno of this strain, and it appears I had one of those.

Her final yield was 114.8 grams or 4.1 ounces in a 35 day flower.

The high is stupendous. A screaming up high for twenty or so minutes, followed by a devastating body stone that will send you straight to the bottom of the cushions on your chair or couch.

Taste when smoked is also still slightly green, but the flavors are present...very sweet taste and smell...almost fruity. But where this one really shines is in the vape. One herb disk is enough to flatten me and the wife, and the taste is so clean.

Diamonds gets a higher rating due to her weight and current taste/high, but still comes in low due to the abbreviated flower. I will say that this one showed signs of maturity, 25% or so of the trichs were amber with the vast majority being cloudy...a few clear resin heads could be found if you looked hard enough.

Diamonds gets a 8

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well all, this will wrap up this grow and report. I want to thank everyone who has followed this grow and given it a rating. I've learned enough to know that the guano plan is viable and productive. I'm off to work on some hydro stuff for the next few grows, but I'll certainly return to this style around fall...working on a scheme to take this nutrient program to the next level.

So now I'm off to the next thing...if you want to watch, here's the link...Dwc. Hope to see you all there.

Great results my friend, considering the premature and untimely demise of those gorgeous plants.

We'll move your journal to the Complete Archives for posterity ;)

Much peace and respect to you, and best of luck with your new project; we'll be following along ;)

Thanks to both of you guys. I'm still quite disapointed in the ending, but that over now and we're on to the next one now. Got to develope a little grower's amnesia and forget about it as the next one gets going. Anyone who thinks they're going to run grow after grow with no problems or crashes, is living in Fantasy Land.

reaity bites me in the ass every time:thumb:

Far from being a total loss, but I do understand the feeling "of what could have been". Your next one will make up for it. Was a pleasure following your
beautiful and informative grow. Thank You. :peace:

Great results my friend, considering the premature and untimely demise of those gorgeous plants.

We'll move your journal to the Complete Archives for posterity ;)

Much peace and respect to you, and best of luck with your new project; we'll be following along ;)

Thanks Brother.

reaity bites me in the ass every time:thumb:

Ain't she a bitch?

Far from being a total loss, but I do understand the feeling "of what could have been". Your next one will make up for it. Was a pleasure following your
beautiful and informative grow. Thank You. :peace:

Thanks OMM, your post have been a welcome addition to this journal. There is quite a bit of the "what might have been" feeling, but someone smarter than me once figured it out and summed it up in two words...shit happens. On to the next thing now...cant wait to sample some of the LA Woman I have going in buckets right now, and the very early results are extremely encouraging.

Southern, I'm very interested in how you were using guano. Didn't you have a link on your forum for guidelines or something?

Southern, I'm very interested in how you were using guano. Didn't you have a link on your forum for guidelines or something?

Hi my friend, I do believe he posted that info at the beginning of this journal.:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom