TheRoach's First - Soil - Aurora Indica - Organic Grow - 600W

That reminds me TheRoach, those clones I took using nothing but the soap nut powder did not work out! Both of them started getting a white fuzzy mold that started at the base of the stem and rooter, climbed right up the stem so I tossed them. The good new is I have my cloner back and straight water gives me taps in as soon as 4 days on some. :)

Looking lovely Roach. :)

Dont get me spooked with those horror stories of white fuzz creeping up the stems :( That sounds like the stuff of nightmares! Mind sharing the cloning techniqur you use (pics would be awesome!) Thank you for stopping by my thread smokey. I took some pics of the buds in the dark with the hope of catching them hunting for food or maybe mating. Their night behavior is surprisingly similar to their day behavior; they stand there being buds and getting fat together. The HPS light really makes them look like crap.
Also did you know in my language we use the letter Ñ?
Spooky stuff, specially when you are learning and have to say hi to some señoritas :(

Also, buds
2015-09-03_09_09_38.jpg
2015-09-03_09_09_58.jpg
2015-09-03_09_10_15.jpg
2015-09-03_09_10_35.jpg
2015-09-03_09_10_40.jpg
2015-09-03_09_10_51.jpg
2015-09-03_09_10_57.jpg
2015-09-03_09_24_05.jpg
2015-09-03_09_24_12.jpg
2015-09-03_09_25_09.jpg
2015-09-03_09_24_53.jpg
2015-09-03_09_24_29.jpg
2015-09-03_09_25_18.jpg
2015-09-03_09_25_35.jpg
2015-09-03_09_25_43.jpg

My cloner is just your atypical pump and spray cloner. Technique is pretty simple as I try to keep most things, take a cut off the plant and it goes straight in the neoprene collar. Swap the water every 10 days or so depending on what I have going. I only use plain filtered tap water. I can provide pictures at some point if your just trying to satisfy your root fetish Roach. :)

Lol, those buds are very sneaky and can sense you coming, it's best to just let them be to do as the please and don't interrupt their party time. :) I agree about HPS but sometimes the flash catches the angles just right, also helps with a decent camera and a filter. Great looking buds Roach. :thumb:

thank you very much Smokesdakush, I plan on waiting another 10-15 days before harvesting them. I will start another grow journal for the first wave of clones grown in the Clackamascoots soil mix. They are the clones you can see in the background. They are doin well, maybe 10 days or so in flowering.
Internet connection is no longer a problem.
I am back online!

I have been checking the trichomes in the buds grown in the base soil mix, and most of them look like they will need another 10 days or so. There is a single clone from AI #5 that looks very close to harves. Most of the trichomes look cloudy and some are turning milky. I want to wait until at least 20%-25 % of them start turning amber, as I will want this cannabis for sleep time and pain relief. I will use sugar cane honey for next watering and see how they react. I love the simplicity of soil. Even with a basic soil and water these clones are growing some dense buds. The plants stretched more than expected but that shouldnt be a problem anymore.
My expectations from the CC style mix are basically bigger buds and more trichomes, but improved aroma and flavor would be nice too. I am thinking of setting up some kind of refrigeration unit to cool the intake air of the flowering tent. That will be a nice challenge.
Pictures coming soon.
REgards and thank you for watching!

I have been checking the trichomes in the buds grown in the base soil mix, and most of them look like they will need another 10 days or so. There is a single clone from AI #5 that looks very close to harves. Most of the trichomes look cloudy and some are turning milky. I want to wait until at least 20%-25 % of them start turning amber, as I will want this cannabis for sleep time and pain relief. I will use sugar cane honey for next watering and see how they react. I love the simplicity of soil. Even with a basic soil and water these clones are growing some dense buds. The plants stretched more than expected but that shouldnt be a problem anymore.
My expectations from the CC style mix are basically bigger buds and more trichomes, but improved aroma and flavor would be nice too. I am thinking of setting up some kind of refrigeration unit to cool the intake air of the flowering tent. That will be a nice challenge.
Pictures coming soon.
REgards and thank you for watching!

If you've never browsed through my initial journal you should. It's long, so try to fly through. I decided today that I owe my subscribers the benefit of my own referencing of pertinent info contained within, so don't try to catch it all. The bunch that travel with me put up with my loquacious nature, but it'll give you the opportunity to watch the CC-style soil operate almost effortlessly. I took pictures daily after a certain point.

:hmmmm: I wonder if I could work them into a slideshow????

My own experience in the soil has been the tastiest of buds and the most delightfully fragrant perfumes. The soil apparently improves with each cycle. It's nice to grow product that smokes by the calyx. Each individual calyx is the equivalent of a hit. Go look at your girls and consider that for a moment. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I predict you'll be very pleased with the rock-hard, trichome-coated kick-ass buds you're going to grow with that soil. You obviously have the talent as a cultivator. Those weren't just buds, they were exquisite buds. :battingeyelashes:

It's so good to have you back, my friend. It's like the light turned back on. :love: Keeping an eye out for the rooting of those clones. If you make that happen you're going to cause a fair bit of excitement around here.

Dont get me spooked with those horror stories of white fuzz creeping up the stems :( That sounds like the stuff of nightmares! Mind sharing the cloning techniqur you use (pics would be awesome!) Thank you for stopping by my thread smokey. I took some pics of the buds in the dark with the hope of catching them hunting for food or maybe mating. Their night behavior is surprisingly similar to their day behavior; they stand there being buds and getting fat together. The HPS light really makes them look like crap.
Also did you know in my language we use the letter Ñ?
Spooky stuff, specially when you are learning and have to say hi to some señoritas :(

Definately a classic post. :rofl: LMAO.

If you've never browsed through my initial journal you should. It's long, so try to fly through. I decided today that I owe my subscribers the benefit of my own referencing of pertinent info contained within, so don't try to catch it all. The bunch that travel with me put up with my loquacious nature, but it'll give you the opportunity to watch the CC-style soil operate almost effortlessly. I took pictures daily after a certain point.

:hmmmm: I wonder if I could work them into a slideshow????

My own experience in the soil has been the tastiest of buds and the most delightfully fragrant perfumes. The soil apparently improves with each cycle. It's nice to grow product that smokes by the calyx. Each individual calyx is the equivalent of a hit. Go look at your girls and consider that for a moment. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I predict you'll be very pleased with the rock-hard, trichome-coated kick-ass buds you're going to grow with that soil. You obviously have the talent as a cultivator. Those weren't just buds, they were exquisite buds. :battingeyelashes:

It's so good to have you back, my friend. It's like the light turned back on. :love: Keeping an eye out for the rooting of those clones. If you make that happen you're going to cause a fair bit of excitement around here.

I missed you much Sue. I am very excited about the CC mix too. I am loving soil and will definitely not go back to bottle stuff.
I have to confess I havent checked your journal because it is huge and I am the kind of person that reads every single word of what is presented. I eill go and check your journal. The clones treated with Anredera are very healthy right now. I didnt cut the leaves as I usually do because I didnt have the scissors handy. After this I will not cut the leaves of my clones again! They are looking perky and healthy.

Those buds are looking great roach! :thumb:

I missed you much Sue. I am very excited about the CC mix too. I am loving soil and will definitely not go back to bottle stuff.
I have to confess I havent checked your journal because it is huge and I am the kind of person that reads every single word of what is presented. I eill go and check your journal. The clones treated with Anredera are very healthy right now. I didnt cut the leaves as I usually do because I didnt have the scissors handy. After this I will not cut the leaves of my clones again! They are looking perky and healthy.

Thank you for being a strong enough gardener to immediately determine the benefit to the plant to NOT be butchered to qualify for cloning.

So sorry, didn't know it affected me that strongly to see the leaves cut like that. :battingeyelashes: The journal is overwhelming. To see an overview of the soil's performance use the thread search engine at the top of the first post on the page and type in "Daily Update". I'm certain I did them that way then as well. Wait a minute, let me check.....Yep! I always do the headline in that consistent format to make it easier to track just the updates. If you do that you get a list of the dailies and it will be like watching a slide show. I just arrow back to the list after viewing each new post.

For a quick peek, I posted a picture of that grow at Day 53 on my journal this past evening because Carnival is 53 days and I wanted to contrast the differences between the grows. That grow was autos, so they were already bursting with swollen blossoms. It's a good picture. That journal is up to 240 pages and adding on about 3-5 a day. I post a lot and a lot of people share.

If you swing by to see it check out the end of my update today. Carnival is ....... Well I'd just be bragging. :laughtwo: You'll have to see for yourself.

Hoping you get roots galore on those cuttings. :love:

Very nice Mr Roach. Really interesting looking buds with those fuzzy pistils and yellow color. What do they smell like?
You and Sue, and a lot of people actually, are making me anxious to start growing in real soil. ;)

Those buds are looking great roach! :thumb:
Thank you for coming back, you were missed. I was checking your grow and was impressed by your results! Good to see you around again!
Very nice Mr Roach. Really interesting looking buds with those fuzzy pistils and yellow color. What do they smell like?
You and Sue, and a lot of people actually, are making me anxious to start growing in real soil. ;)
Soil is very easy and forgiving. Im glad Im back and you are around. My wife saw your grow and was very impressed!
I have two phenos, one smells like fruits/berries and the other smells sour with a hint of fruits.
Thank you for coming back my friend!

Good. You keep being tempted, because this CC-style soil mix we're using would simplify your life so much Weaselcracker. Think of being able to sit them on a SWICK reservoir and not having to even think about it as you travel for your work. Just think of not having to do more than water and the occasional simple tea or drench, often made with locally-sourced plant materials that can be foraged. Build a better soil, use good water, flood them with light and harvest the sweetest, most potent produce you've ever grown.

I'm telling you, my first grow I laughed at any idea of any possible deficiency. This soil mix had been perfected over years of dedicated study and application to get to where it is now. It truly is the gold standard for cannabis mixes. Clackamas Coot may be an intolerant misogamist, but he sure knows his cannabis and this soil mix is his contribution to the cause. Easy to mix, with emphasis on locally sourcing to keep costs as much under control as possible. CC wanted to free people from the nutrient market that takes advantage and overcharges for products that give you so much less than what the living microbes and worms are evolved to do for you.

Make your life easy and grow better buds. Grow in living organic soil, the way evolution intended.

Sorry guys. I woke up, reached for the iPad, opened to settings to decide who to visit before I even roll out of bed and Señor Roach was about :battingeyelashes: Good grief we missed you Roach while they messed with your internet access. This is 2015. The entire planet should be a free wifi zone, don't you think? :straightface:

Good to have you back. Hug for the wife. :hug: :love:

This one's yours. :hug: The smell is lavender. My mother's favorite scent. She always carried lavender stems in her pockets when she went out, so she always had this light air of that delicious scent floating gently around her person. I keep a bottle of essential oil that I dab on the hem of my shirt. Then she's always with me. Now I float on that same soft lavender cloud. You really didn't need to know all that for a virtual hug, but I'd bet my life your memory cells fire up that lavender cloud every time I give you another virtual hug. Let's try it out. This one, hold onto just a little longer. Tell me if "lavender" didn't fire in your brain.

:hug:

Wasn't that a fun morning experiment? Virtual hugs are more challenging, so you sometimes need cliff notes. :laughtwo:

This was fun, but I need a shower to wake up and some nutrition. Later guys. :ciao:

Hey Wease - I can't just pass you by Bud. :hug: :love:

Agh! I knew you would find me and stick it to me over that soil comment, Sue! It makes me feel the same way I do when I'm sleeping after being up all night and someone cracks the curtain on a bright sunny morning. Arrggh! No! It hurts It's burning me! I don't want to know! Take it awaaaaayyyyy!!
I'm stubborn enough that I have to see my peat moss/soil wonder-bread technique through to the point where I'm growing consistently perfect plants and have figured it mostly out. How bloody complicated can it be really? Which suddenly makes me wonder... Why do they call it wonder bread? I thought they meant it was wonderful - now I see the double meaning. What is it anyway? Could I grow plants in it? Probably not. Nevermind.
Mainly my grow suffers from previous years of 420-forum deprivation. I'm still dealing with some very basic issues that should be long behind me. Didn't have internet.
Speaking of which. Perhaps most of the world should be a free wifi zone. I hope some places remain a wifi and cellular free zone forever though.
It occurs to me though- that I need to source the ingredients, or process the natural versions around me, which may take a while. Then that sort of soil needs to 'cook' for a while, right? And I could switch half my plants to soil. Hmmmm... Hurts a bit less now. Thanks. I'm going to copy and paste this to my journal because it's important. Thanks Roach! Thanks Sue!

Back
Top Bottom