Barney's Farm Organic Soil Grow

Re: SouthernWeed's Third Barney's Farm Organic Soil Grow

Props. looking amazing !! I like your confidence I would be sweating it.

If there had been any negative impact on the bud swell I would have been sweating like a whore in church. Fortunately, there has been no adverse reaction from the plant...on the contrary, it just keeps speeding up the bud swell...so why sweat what you don't really need any longer. I know several growers locally, who remove every single fan leaf at the first indication of necrosis, with no negative impact on final yield. I'll keep a close eye on things, but we'll be just fine, I'm sure.

I'll be using this grow as a reference for a long time, Southern
This journal is text material.
That girl at 28 days in bloom is fantastic.:thank you:

Thanks OMM, this has been a rewarding grow...far more educational for myself than I thought it could be...but I must admit, I'm looking forward to my next grow, where I can just measure out my nutes and additives and be done with it. The constant "cocktailing" of various guanos trying to keep the plants happy is wearing a little thin. This is one of those rare occasions when doing something on a large scale would actually be easier than the small scale I'm working on.

Brother, I'm glad this has been a helpful journal for you. There is alot left to refine before I'd feel completely confident with using this program on every strain, but so far the results have been outstanding.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flower Day 29

Crazy, crazy bud swell. Colas are beginning to lean under the weight of the buds building on them. Tie lines have been installed in case they are needed, and I believe in a few days I'll have to start using them. Lower bud site development is the best I've had yet, the extra 600 watts of light has alot to do with that, I'm sure.

No pics today...I'll get some up tomorrow or Monday depending on my schedule.

Y'all have a great day.

Flower Day 30

So 30 days in and all goes pretty well. I took these pics before a rather lengthy session of removing dead or used up leaves. The next set of pics will really give you a sense of how much bud is already on the plant...and how much is yet to come. When I got it opened up and stood back and looked at her, I grinned from ear to ear.

Pictures are getting slightly problematic...those tops sway and it's kinda spooky to consider losing one in the name of pics, so from here on, it'll be pics in place. I know it's not optimal to show what's going on, but I really don't want to screw up a cola.

I'll post some real beauty shots of both of them after they've been trimmed up but before they're cut...and of course, copious amounts of bud pics after harvest and after cure.

Diamonds...about an hour ago.

100_2013.jpg

100_2014.jpg

100_2015.jpg

100_2016.jpg

100_2017.jpg

100_2018.jpg

100_2019.jpg

100_2021.jpg

100_2022.jpg

Hard to see in the pics, but there is quite alot of color change on the pistils. I'm curious to see how long it's going to take this one to finish. I'll get some pics of Lucy Sky tomorrow to illustrate the difference in the two. She's 1'+ taller and while she's heavy with buds, the trich development (color) is way behind Diamonds. She also shows next to no leaf damage, just a slight discoloration on two fan leaves. I'm a little bit thrown off by the radical differences, but it ought to be really interesting to watch the end portion of these two.

Flower Day 31

Diamonds is displaying nearly 50% cloudy trichs, with a few hints of amber here and there. Lucy Sky is covered with trichs, but they are all still clear.

The developement split on these two is causing some serious scheduling problems with my next grow. I decided last night that I'd wait until Diamonds had at least 25% amber trichs, then I'd begin the flushing process on both plants.

I'll be leaving some flowering time on the table, but my next grow is set up and ready to roll, and I can't wait on Lucy Sky to get completely caught up.

The flowering on both plants is still in overdrive...although Diamonds has slowed a little bit, appearing to concentrate more on swelling what's already there.

So it all rolls on...

Y'all have a great day.

Flower Day 32

A little late, but as promised, some pictures of Lucy Sky. She's a beast. The last two days have swelled her beyond belief for her time in flower. She's doing so well, I've decided to attempt to move her downstairs to let her finish up. Of course it's debatable whether or not I'll be able to safely remove her from the tub, but when the wife gets home this afternoon, we're going to give her a try.

I didn't specifically take any pics of leaves, but you should be able to tell she's in no way showing the stress of Diamonds...and since their feed has been identical, it appears Diamonds is a quick finish pheno. To be perfectly honest, I can't see her going much more than 2-2 1/2 weeks...provided she maintains her breakneck level of maturation.

Pics...

100_2038.jpg

100_20401.jpg

100_20421.jpg

100_20462.jpg

100_2047.jpg

100_2050.jpg

100_2051.jpg

I couldn't get any cola shots, the light was overwhelming my camera, but they're both over 1' and big around as a beer can. Hopefully I'll be able to figure a safe way to mover her.

For anyone interested, I've started up my new journal. You can look in on it here...Dwc. It's in it's embryonic stages now, but it's going be interesting.

she looks like she loves whatever youre giving her, clearly not as affected as diamonds, so you think you just gave diamonds a heavier lime treatment, and thats lucy is looking much greener in the leaves?

either way like you said we smoke flowers not fan leaves, so as long as the buds look good, fuck it ya know. lets see if the ones done in 2 weeks, thatd only be 6 weeks right?

she looks like she loves whatever youre giving her, clearly not as affected as diamonds, so you think you just gave diamonds a heavier lime treatment, and thats lucy is looking much greener in the leaves?

either way like you said we smoke flowers not fan leaves, so as long as the buds look good, fuck it ya know. lets see if the ones done in 2 weeks, thatd only be 6 weeks right?

No, they got the same treatment. I think Lucy Sky just handled it better. Honestly, I'm at a bit of a loss. Diamonds is just roaring towards completion, the trichs are changing alot quicker than I'm used to seeing. I'm going to be very interested in having a close look at Diamond's root ball when all of this is over.

Yeah it'd be just over 6 weeks if it got chopped 2 weeks from today. It's advertised as a 55-65 day flower, so if it is a quick finisher it'd be 46 days in two weeks. I'm considering letting her go till 100% amber trichs to give LS some catch up time...if we are not able to move her...and trying to take them bth at 55-60 days.

I'll just keep a good eye on both of them, I've freed up a little more space for my hydro grow without having to run up and down the damn stairs a dozen times a day, so it's not like I really need to press these. I can run the full veg on my hydro grow out of the closet with no real worries.

It's always entertaining here at SouthernWeed's House of Mysteries...

No, they got the same treatment. I think Lucy Sky just handled it better. Honestly, I'm at a bit of a loss. Diamonds is just roaring towards completion, the trichs are changing alot quicker than I'm used to seeing. I'm going to be very interested in having a close look at Diamond's root ball when all of this is over.

Yeah it'd be just over 6 weeks if it got chopped 2 weeks from today. It's advertised as a 55-65 day flower, so if it is a quick finisher it'd be 46 days in two weeks. I'm considering letting her go till 100% amber trichs to give LS some catch up time...if we are not able to move her...and trying to take them bth at 55-60 days.

I'll just keep a good eye on both of them, I've freed up a little more space for my hydro grow without having to run up and down the damn stairs a dozen times a day, so it's not like I really need to press these. I can run the full veg on my hydro grow out of the closet with no real worries.

It's always entertaining here at SouthernWeed's House of Mysteries...

I think your Guano tea and other jedi tricks have flipped a switch in the plant's DNA, making it mature faster. I've heard of such things happening, mostly anecdotal stories, but they usually run something like this:

Somewhere, somehow the strain was crossed with an autoflowering strain, or maybe the strain has autoflowering characteristics way back in it's lineage. Under the right conditions, these recessive traits become active.

The nutrient program you designed for them is unusually effective, the plants liked it so much that they grew like crazy, and flowered at a furious pace. You could probably multiharvest that plant.

If you get decent yield and good quality I think you have a game changing breakthrough on your hands: A large yielding, good smoking, fast finishing plant, given the right nutes.

Bingo. :surf:

I think your Guano tea and other Jedi tricks have flipped a switch in the plant's DNA, making it mature faster. I've heard of such things happening, mostly anecdotal stories, but they usually run something like this:

Somewhere, somehow the strain was crossed with an auto flowering strain, or maybe the strain has auto flowering characteristics way back in it's lineage. Under the right conditions, these recessive traits become active.

The nutrient program you designed for them is unusually effective, the plants liked it so much that they grew like crazy, and flowered at a furious pace. You could probably multi harvest that plant.

If you get decent yield and good quality I think you have a game changing breakthrough on your hands: A large yielding, good smoking, fast finishing plant, given the right nutes.

Bingo. :surf:

DB, I'm totally at a loss for an explanation for the split in development. LS shows more sativa than Diamonds, so there's part of it, but all I can do is keep a close eye on both and take them when they are ready. I'd like to believe that the nutrient program is at least partially responsible, but I need to do a few more grows like this to see if this situation is anomalous or a real "go fast" button for the plant.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flower Day 33

Diamonds turn again. I just love looking at and smelling her. She's still developing rapidly and adding weight at a phenomenal rate. Just a pleasure to grow...even if her leaves took a beating. Every grow has some issue rise up...the trick is handling it when it does.

Pics...

100_2052.jpg

100_20531.jpg

100_20541.jpg

100_20551.jpg

100_2056.jpg

100_2058.jpg

100_2059.jpg

100_2062.jpg

100_2063.jpg

100_2064.jpg

So here's the deal. Friday night and into Saturday, they are calling for a severe winter storm in my neck of the woods. Ordinarily, losing power would not be an issue, solar panels and an emergency generator generally cover any issues, but my generator threw a rod and it's going to be at least Monday before the service technician can get out here. So I'm putting out the call for positive thinking...let it be snow, not ice...a power outage now would be catastrophic.

Y'all have a great day.

Flower Day 34

Lucy Sky...I'll slip in right as the lights go off today and get a couple cola shots. These pics, and the ones from the other day, are of the middle of the plant. Those colas are really getting huge.

Pics...

100_2065.jpg

100_2067.jpg

100_2068.jpg

100_2069.jpg

100_2071.jpg

100_2074.jpg

100_2075.jpg

100_2077.jpg

Hope y'all enjoy.

Flower Day 36

I'm at my Brother's house right now...the power is out at mine. 6" of snow was topped by an inch of sleet and it's still coming down like the end of days.

The local power company is swamped and there's no telling when the lights will come back up, so I'm posting for some experienced grower help. How long can the lights stay off and not cause harm to the plant when the normal light schedule is resumed. These girls are doing way to good to lose 20 days of flower, but I can't have them herming on me. I'd rather take the 4 oz per plant that I'd get now, than end up with 5 oz per and have hermie pollen on the loose.

Help a fella out y'all...I need info bad.

I'm pulling for you SW, can you locate near a window for to take advantage of the daylight?

I really hope you don't lose em ;)

In my opinion a portable generator should be apart of everyone's growing supplies. I look at what everyone spends on their grows and 2-$500 for a small portable generator is not that big of a deal and could save your butt big time. I bought a small homelite portable generator for a hundred bucks on craigslist and it will run my lights if needed, last winter it ran my fridge, chest freezer and sump pump for 10 days. Heck it even occupied the kids with dvds and video games. The worst part about it was mine had a small fuel tank and I had to get up in the middle of the night to fill it, but I usually had to fill the wood stove also so it wasn't a big deal... Unfortunately for you there probably won't be any used ones left right now, but you might be able to find someone with one. If not if not maybe you can find some battery operated led light or something.:peace: and good luck... we're all pulling for you.

Flower Day 36

I'm at my Brother's house right now...the power is out at mine. 6" of snow was topped by an inch of sleet and it's still coming down like the end of days.

The local power company is swamped and there's no telling when the lights will come back up, so I'm posting for some experienced grower help. How long can the lights stay off and not cause harm to the plant when the normal light schedule is resumed. These girls are doing way to good to lose 20 days of flower, but I can't have them herming on me. I'd rather take the 4 oz per plant that I'd get now, than end up with 5 oz per and have hermie pollen on the loose.

Help a fella out y'all...I need info bad.
only thing i can think of would be to borrow a generator or rent one ?? Some big hardware stores sometrimes rent them !! Might be worth driving a distance ?? Good luck !!

Wait....the grow stats on some White Widow variations actually "recommend" that you turn the lights off for two weeks (8-10 approx) to stimulate extra trich production. Being that you're hypothetically harvesting this stressed from the dark bud, wouldn't it be safe to assume that it won't be some seeded garbage? If in fact almost all breeders TELL you to do so for Better weed?

Back
Top Bottom