Barney's Farm Organic Soil Grow

Re: SouthernWeed's Third Barney's Farm Organic Soil Grow

Oh! Man Southern what a thing to happen to such a beautiful grow.
Sure glad your in soil. A hydro grow would be ruined. I hope you can rent a generator or they fix problems soon. I so sorry Buddy.:smokin:

Flower Day 36

I'm at my Brother's house right now...the power is out at mine. 6" of snow was topped by an inch of sleet and it's still coming down like the end of days.

The local power company is swamped and there's no telling when the lights will come back up, so I'm posting for some experienced grower help. How long can the lights stay off and not cause harm to the plant when the normal light schedule is resumed. These girls are doing way to good to lose 20 days of flower, but I can't have them herming on me. I'd rather take the 4 oz per plant that I'd get now, than end up with 5 oz per and have hermie pollen on the loose.

Help a fella out y'all...I need info bad.
G: GIVE US AN UPDATE SOUTHERNWEED !!:cool:

I'm pulling for you SW, can you locate near a window for to take advantage of the daylight?

I really hope you don't lose em ;)

I did move them to a location where they got about 5 hours or so of light...but it was for naught.

I just spent some time searching for solutions online and second Soniq's suggestion to get them near a window somehow.

hope things work out, sending positive thoughts!

Appreciate the positive vibes man...

In my opinion a portable generator should be apart of everyone's growing supplies. I look at what everyone spends on their grows and 2-$500 for a small portable generator is not that big of a deal and could save your butt big time. I bought a small homelite portable generator for a hundred bucks on craigslist and it will run my lights if needed, last winter it ran my fridge, chest freezer and sump pump for 10 days. Heck it even occupied the kids with dvds and video games. The worst part about it was mine had a small fuel tank and I had to get up in the middle of the night to fill it, but I usually had to fill the wood stove also so it wasn't a big deal... Unfortunately for you there probably won't be any used ones left right now, but you might be able to find someone with one. If not if not maybe you can find some battery operated led light or something.:peace: and good luck... we're all pulling for you.

I have a hard wired Onan generator large enough to power my house and half of yours, but the powerhead popped when I tested it a couple days in front of the storm. Since that part had to come from Sweden or Switzerland...somewhere you go to buy chocolate or visit your money...it won't even be here until late today or tomorrow. A small generator is just not practical in this case.

Wait....the grow stats on some White Widow variations actually "recommend" that you turn the lights off for two weeks (8-10 approx) to stimulate extra trich production. Being that you're hypothetically harvesting this stressed from the dark bud, wouldn't it be safe to assume that it won't be some seeded garbage? If in fact almost all breeders TELL you to do so for Better weed?

I've read that myself, from one breeder, can't remember which, and I've always assumed it was some sort of typo or translational screw up. Two weeks of dark is way on the otherside of extreme.

Oh! Man Southern what a thing to happen to such a beautiful grow.
Sure glad your in soil. A hydro grow would be ruined. I hope you can rent a generator or they fix problems soon. I so sorry Buddy.:smokin:

I can control alot...but in this case the things I couldn't, did me and the grow in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Power came back on at 5 am at my house. I just stopped crying. Light was a non issue in the end. I moved the plants to a location where they got around 5 hours of light, my concern was what would happen when I put them back under 12/12. I was worried about the wrong thing all along.

I knew I was in trouble when I opened the door to the house, turned on the light, closed the door...and I could see my breath. Not a little misty vapor...think offensive/defensive linemane in Green Bay...in December...fuckin' cold is what I mean.

Knew what I was going to find before I even got there...both froze to death.

I can't bring myself to take pictures of them, I'd prefer y'all remember them as they were. At some point today, I'll chop and trim them and post some photos, I'm just not really into it right this moment.

I quit drinking a few years back, finally learned that I was better off without it, but for those of you so inclined, raise a glass to a couple plants that deserved better than they got.

SW that's a real bummer, but I know that hydro system you have in the works is going to bring smiles to everyone's faces in no time... lets face it you are an amazing grower and from what I can tell an even better person and I know we will soon be curled up in front of the monitor with a :popcorn: letting you amaze us once again. :peace:

I did move them to a location where they got about 5 hours or so of light...but it was for naught.

I have a hard wired Onan generator large enough to power my house and half of yours, but the powerhead popped when I tested it a couple days in front of the storm. Since that part had to come from Sweden or Switzerland...somewhere you go to buy chocolate or visit your money...it won't even be here until late today or tomorrow. A small generator is just not practical in this case.

I've read that myself, from one breeder, can't remember which, and I've always assumed it was some sort of typo or translational screw up. Two weeks of dark is way on the otherside of extreme.

I can control alot...but in this case the things I couldn't, did me and the grow in.

Power came back on at 5 am at my house. I just stopped crying. Light was a non issue in the end. I moved the plants to a location where they got around 5 hours of light, my concern was what would happen when I put them back under 12/12. I was worried about the wrong thing all along.

I knew I was in trouble when I opened the door to the house, turned on the light, closed the door...and I could see my breath. Not a little misty vapor...think offensive/defensive linemane in Green Bay...in December...fuckin' cold is what I mean.

I can't bring myself to take pictures of them, I'd prefer y'all remember them as they were. At some point today, I'll chop and trim them and post some photos, I'm just not really into it right this moment.

I quit drinking a few years back, finally learned that I was better off without it, but for those of you so inclined, raise a glass to a couple plants that deserved better than they got.

Very Sorry SW. I'll raise a glass and a bowl to your gorgeous ladies. I feel your pain, I was forced to trash my whole grow back in November and it was painful. On the bright side it was only nature that got you this time. Live to grow again. get the generator fixed and you're good to go again.

Shucks, man. Neither you nor the plants deserved that ending. I bet you'll feel better after you given them the axe and a little heat in a bong.

Hang in there. Fantastic grow anyways and we'll be looking forward to the next.

:peace:

:cool:

So you got seeds soaking yet !! Remember,' when the going gets tough, the tough get going !! Love ya Bro. and I know next time will do ya right !! We cant control mother nature !!

Remember,' when the going gets tough, the tough get going !! Love ya Bro. and I know next time will do ya right !! We cant control mother nature !!

First, I want to thank everyone for the words of condolence and encouragement, it's made this a little less painful.

I chopped and quick trimmed the plants yesterday. Hung them in a closet with a dehumidifier for the last 24 hours...4 or 5 more days at the current dry rate will see them all in jars.

It's heartbreaking, it really is, to see these buds. Absolutely covered in trichs, but underdeveloped and airy. They'll likely tighten up some as they cure, but I lost a a ton of yield. For anyone interested, I estimate the total yield at between 5.5 and 6 ounces, from a couple of plants I was going to be disappointed in if I cut less than 11 oz.

Here's some pics of some of the better looking buds. I'll get some total weights in a couple more weeks...

rsz_1100_2136.jpg

rsz_1100_2137.jpg

rsz_1100_2138.jpg

rsz_1100_2139.jpg

I want to thank all of you who have followed this from the beginning. It was, for me at least, very educational to feed a plant nothing but guano teas and see them respond so well. Yes, it ended poorly, but there are some things we just can't control. Obviously my next couple grows are already planned and going, but I'll be back to this before long. There has been to much positive about this to not revisit it in the future.

I'll post up final weights and some more pics of the buds in a couple weeks.

You're a class act SW.

looking forward to your next grow!

I agree with Sun. :peace:

Thanks to both of you guys. I'm still quite disapointed in the ending, but that over now and we're on to the next one now. Got to develope a little grower's amnesia and forget about it as the next one gets going. Anyone who thinks they're going to run grow after grow with no problems or crashes, is living in Fantasy Land.

Back
Top Bottom