Mokeforfun's 1st Hydro Grow (Bagseed Test Run from Good Smoke)

Re: Mokeforfun's 1st Hydro Grow (Bagseed test run from good smoke.)

one like this on... they sell it at my hydro store for 5 bucks..... I dunno wat the money situation or anything or if u have one... but just trying to help.... and deff going to stick around for your grow man.....

DSC016532.JPG

I dunno wat the money situation or anything or if u have one... but just trying to help.... and deff going to stick around for your grow man.....

Thank you! There actually is no money situation right now as I had been laid off for the past two months and just started working again. I think I can handle the five bucks, though. I just haven't been to the store in about a month. Never saw any cheap pH kits but thank you for confirming my suspicion of a pH issue. It's not a terribly big deal to me since as I mentioned the plants in there were clones from a bagseed female. The smaller ones are from other seeds but still from a bag. Nothing special at all but the soil buds are a little bit shiny from trichomes. Hopefully they'll be tasty. It's about time to chop them. I'm almost out of medicine so this is my best hope right now. I will try to find a cheap kit the next day the store is open. If not it'll have to wait because that's the way it is right now. If only hydro pH would take care of itself the same way dirt seems to...

Oh and by the way, help or constructive criticism is always welcome.

:smokin:

no problem anytime.... and if u need any help we are all here for you... I am glad you stopped ny my grow... I just had a ph problem myself and finally got it under control... But I wish u the best of luck and Im here wid u man... :grinjoint:

Are you changing your res every wk, what and how much nutes are you using ? Bagseeds can kick ass too , so don't knock them plus there a cheap way to learn. Stick with the hydro till you get it figured out its much easier and much faster to harvest . Keep reading here and pick up a few tricks. I'm almost done with my first indoor hydro grow and am just getting 4 clones ready for my second hang in there dude.....its free weed !!

No I'm changing it out every two weeks. It's time to do it here soon. I know they can be good and a good way to learn hydro. That's the reason I was using them for at least the first run or two. I was going to hold off on doing more hydro until my setup was better. I am going to try to somewhat design a new system to fit my needs but not right now. I hadn't planned on giving up on it altogether, just long enough to improve my system and setup. Not exactly free, but cheap yes.
About the nutrients I have Pura Vida Grow, Pura Vida Bloom, Sweet Grape, and Thrive Alive Green being used for hydro. The first mix was a little less than half strength due to the small size of the clones that I put in there. I would assume that's the deal with the pH problem but I'm not sure exactly what the pH is. I'm assuming it's low. Haven't picked up any testing stuff yet. If there's time I'll go by the store today.
Do you have a journal up here, ol hippy?

No I'm changing it out every two weeks. It's time to do it here soon. I know they can be good and a good way to learn hydro. That's the reason I was using them for at least the first run or two. I was going to hold off on doing more hydro until my setup was better. I am going to try to somewhat design a new system to fit my needs but not right now. I hadn't planned on giving up on it altogether, just long enough to improve my system and setup. Not exactly free, but cheap yes.
About the nutrients I have Pura Vida Grow, Pura Vida Bloom, Sweet Grape, and Thrive Alive Green being used for hydro. The first mix was a little less than half strength due to the small size of the clones that I put in there. I would assume that's the deal with the pH problem but I'm not sure exactly what the pH is. I'm assuming it's low. Haven't picked up any testing stuff yet. If there's time I'll go by the store today.
Do you have a journal up here, ol hippy?

I don't think it's a journal but I've got a few pics up in the photo gallery.I've had realy good luck with hydro and I've never tried it before! I've been using Botanicare nutes,and simply follow what they recommend for dosage on the bottle. I have a cheap (Hanna 30.bucks ppm meter) it just verifys what the bottle says! If anything keep nutes on the low side and you'll be fine, listen to your plants after a while you can tell when they want more nutes or when to change the water etc..good luck and just keep it simple..:peace:

High! So I just today checked my pH with the liquid kit and it was super high. :smokin: About 8. I know you should change pH a little at a time but they're bagseed clones so I am fine with being a little (or I guess a lot) rough on them. I figure it can't really hurt them any more at this point after having such a high pH for so long. I added a few nutrients as the solution was pretty much clear. I will change it out tomorrow and move them to flowering as soon as they get back healthy. My pH is about 6.1 or slightly lower now so hopefully that'll shock the hell out of 'em back to health. Kind of experimenting with that. I'll call it my no mercy pH technique. I'm going to pick up a pH pen fairly soon as well even though I have the liquid kit.
Speaking of no mercy I think I'll do a no mercy grow next time. I think I also may design a nutrient film technique setup to add to my reservoir as a separate piece so I can switch back and forth between methods if I'd like, which I do. That way I wouldn't have to use the drip for the small girls in conjunction with the DWC. Just one method per side instead of two. NFT for veg, and DWC for flower. I like it already.
I'll post more pictures when my ladies get better.

I was reading another post and the dude said he doesn't like to mess with the drip lines so he just raises the water level to just under the net pots till the roots hit the water than he just lowers the water level to whatever level he needs..Sounded like that makes things a lot simpler. You should really see a jump in your growth now that you have the ph down.. I've been finding out that I've been getting off a lot more just smoking a little shake that I get from the dispensary that I buy from, it's half the price of the "hot" buds and seems to be a much better deal. They call it salad shake. It's the broken buds from all their jars of buds and they use it to make joints and blunts that they also sell.. best deal there ..:rollit: :peace: especially when your not working !! I know that all too well . I'm an out of work contractor in So. Cal. nice not to have to work but I like a paycheck once in a while !! Good luck in the new year

So I have two plants left. Drip is gone. Will probably never use drip again. Most light are turned off right now. Just keeping them alive until flower room opens up in about three days. Both of them are about 12-14". Trying to keep them close to that until flowering. Will post more pics once they're into flowering.

Okay I had problem with pH and the air pump. Half of it stopped working altogether. Going back to good ol' soil. Sprouting some new ones now.

This grow has been abandoned.
Admin please move to appropriate section if you ever see this. Thanks.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

I’m moving this to abandoned journals now as requested.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Sending you lots of positive energy through the Universe.

Back
Top Bottom