TheRoach - DIY Indoor Grow - 20 Plants - SOG - 600W HPS - Grow - Organic Soil

Once you have been adding bud and pushing it down to your desired density and lenght, open the cannagar mold.
Correct compression in the previous step will make for a firm core that does not expand or change shape.

420-magazine-mobile923491493.jpg

Notice I didnt use the full length of the mold, because I ran out of dry bud.

420-magazine-mobile754335819.jpg

420-magazine-mobile801751656.jpg

420-magazine-mobile167716534.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1286501265.jpg

Sent from my SM-T210 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Once you have been adding bud and pushing it down to your desired density and lenght, open the cannagar mold.
Correct compression in the previous step will make for a firm core that does not expand or change shape.

420-magazine-mobile923491493.jpg

Notice I didnt use the full length of the mold, because I ran out of dry bud.

420-magazine-mobile754335819.jpg

420-magazine-mobile801751656.jpg

420-magazine-mobile167716534.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1286501265.jpg

This is the best thing I have seen in my life haha I'm defo attempting this what does it smoke like and how long is the process looks crazy ...

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

You will need 4 or 5 large fan leaves, you can prepare them for this step by pressing them between two pieces of craft (kraft?) paper, a brown, unbleached paper used in many applications.Let them dry between the sheets of paper. Once dried they will be like paper and you can even use them to roll a joint.
You might as well use wax paper or put the in between the yellow pages, but I dont know if it would change the taste of the leaves.

420-magazine-mobile264543206.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1268331720.jpg

Now you cut each leaflet, leaving the rigid portion of it attached to the petiole. You will see that once dried, each leaflet feels rigid in the last 20% of the central vein. That portion of the leaflet will be hard to roll into shape. I like cutting at an angle because I think it is easier to glue them that way and also make for a better finish.

420-magazine-mobile143896061.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1164741748.jpg

Get some more so you can start wrapping the core.

420-magazine-mobile2143683279.jpg

Now we need either 3 grams of wax/bho or some torcedor glue.
If you use bho or wax you will also need a heating mat to keep it in the right consistency. I planned on using wax to make the cannagar, but the wax was too tasty and potent, living an intense but short live.
I have a sanitary grade stainless steel bho extraction tube and made plenty of hash oil, but I will not post pictures of it nor share instructions on how to perform the extraction because I think it may be against the forum rules given that, if performed incorrectly, open blasting can be very dangerous.
Using wax would be ideal because it increases the taste, smell and potency on the finished cigar, but it will also increase the total amount of cannabis you will need to make the cannagar, you will need extra tools, expertise and a different approach to gluing the leaves.
Torcedor glue, on the other hand, can be made with a product you may buy at the store or online, is very cheap and safe, odorless and tasteless.
Torcedores are master habano makers from Cuba, their name coming from the Spanish word "torcer", to twist or roll. If you watch a torcedor making an habano, you will see them dipping their fingers in a milky, sticky substance every once in a while.
It was difficult to source the recipe for the torcedor glue, and I was surprised to find I had made this glue before. Making vegetable glue is one of the first laboratory experiences for students in my country, along with making cinnamon essence, and in fact I remember when I was 12 and made some back in school.
To make torcedor glue you will need water and cassava starch. I guess you could use other sources of starch such as corn starch, but the original Cuban recipe called for cassava starch, and cassava starch is available in every grocery store in Costa Rica. If you have a hard time finding cassava starch, you could try with corn starch, but Im not sure if it will taste the same or even behave the same. Being starch it should haha.
I like to add rum instead of water because it gives the cigar a nice aroma and taste, and rum is also used in the traditional production of habanos.
To make torcedor glue for a single cigar, you need a tablespoon of rum and a teaspoon of cassava starch. I like to use one of these ceramic burners used for aromatherapy, because it holds the right amount of liquid and make it easier to make small batches.
420-magazine-mobile1909546459.jpg

Just mix the water and starch, put a lit candle under the bowl and continue mixin for a minute or two. You will see how the glue starts tickening, you can try some of the glue between your fingers to see if it is sticky enough already. Dont overcook or it will become a gel.

420-magazine-mobile59481446.jpg

This is the best thing I have seen in my life haha I'm defo attempting this what does it smoke like and how long is the process looks crazy ...

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App
The smoke is very soft and tasty, it doesnt taste like leaves at all. Making the core takes 5 minutes or so, gluing the leaves another 20-30 an a few hours to dry the glue slowly. You can then smoke it inmediately, but as with bud, wine and cigars, it tastes better if you let it cure longer.

Now that you have your torcedor glue, take the leaves and apply glue to the back of the leaf covering all the surface (the part that is facing down on the leaf, not the part the sun shines on)
The leaves will be dry but not brittle, and applying the glue will make them supple and very easy to work with.
Now that the back of the leaf is coated with some glue, you need to apply it to the core.
If the core has been properly compressed, you should be able to handle it without damaging it. The leaves should be glued from the part you cut first, and rolling in the direction of the tip of the leaf, if that makes sense. Whe you are gluing the narrower tip it is a good idea to dip your finger in glue and apply a little over the tip to keep in place.
Glue all the leaves with the tip pointing in the same direction, you find that the leaves have some hairs that make hard to press them in the other direction.
This leaf has been glued but you can barely notice the glue.
420-magazine-mobile2141284493.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1409299061.jpg
420-magazine-mobile133006146.jpg

Continue gluing until you cover the sides; for the tip you will draw smoke from, is easier to split the leaves lenghtwise and use them like that.

420-magazine-mobile176049431.jpg

You can apply two layers of leaves if you prefer, just to make the cigar sturdier. I always apply two layers, because they end up firmer and because I liked the taste of the double layer better.
Now hang it from a string and let it dry in the same area where you dry your bud. You can let it cure for a month or so, but it can be smoked right after it dries. The taste becomes better if you let it cure for at least a week.
420-magazine-mobile214924686.jpg

Now you can enjoy your luxurious handmade cannagar, brought to you by 420Magazine!
Remember to share your cannagar!
If you liked the tutorial share it with your friends.

420-magazine-mobile1415590370.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1218557849.jpg

I'm impressed as hell. :thumb:

Hell yeah, that got you a smack from SweetSue's rep hammer. Some day I'm going to have a party and make one of these. :laughtwo: That will knock everybody over. Thank you so much for sharing this with us Roach. :love: :hug: :love:

I harvested some green poison plants a couple days ago. They did stretch a lot and gave me a diminished yield, so for next run I will stop mixing strains in sea of green, making a green poison run only. I will also do the 12/12 switch earlier to keep them shorter

420-magazine-mobile668974528.jpg

I'm impressed as hell. :thumb:

Hell yeah, that got you a smack from SweetSue's rep hammer. Some day I'm going to have a party and make one of these. :laughtwo: That will knock everybody over. Thank you so much for sharing this with us Roach. :love: :hug: :love:
Thank you Sue I handt seen your comment. I hope you can make one some day, to me it would feel like rolling a joint for you personally!

Thank you Sue I handt seen your comment. I hope you can make one some day, to me it would feel like rolling a joint for you personally!

I will feel as though you were standing at my shoulder. Who knows? Maybe you will be. It's a wondrous universe, full of miracles. I'm getting better and better at letting them happen spontaneously in my life as I slip into my sixties. Meeting you would be a most pleasant manifestation. :battingeyelashes: :love:

My birthday would be incomplete without this

:love: :hug: :love:

Thank you for being a bright spot in my world. :kisstwo:

Back
Top Bottom