CoolWorks IceProbe experience?

IceCoast

This little guy seems like a nice alternative to those $400 water chillers and was wondering if anyone has used one before.

I would put this on my 5 gal control bucket on an rdwc system. Currently my ambient temp is around 78f with my res water very close to it which I know is too high. Dropping the water temp 10 degrees would be huge for me

CoolWorks' IceProbe Small Aquarium Chiller (IPAC-50W) is the perfect cooling solution for small aquariums and insulated fish egg hatching, bait, and specimen tanks.
50 Watts of cooling power
Compact size
Easy bulkhead installation
Quiet, efficient & reliable
Optional temperature controller
120V

The Aquarium Chiller is a complete water cooling system. It includes the IceProbe, the nut and silicon washer for bulkhead installation, and a power converter with six foot cords on each side. The Aquarium Chiller can be easily installed in any orientation through a 1.25 inch hole into siphon overflows, pre-filters, sumps, or aquarium walls, or suspended with a bracket or lid over the top of the aquarium.

The chiller cools continuously when powered. In most aquarium implementations, the CoolWorks Proportional Temperature Controller is added to regulate the IceProbe's cooling power. TEC-65 controller is designed for tropical water aquarium environments, with an adjustable temperature range of 65ºF to 85ºF.

Back
Top Bottom