Water pumps for chillers

mojuan

is there a differance between a sump pump and a aquarium pump. i need a continuance pump and ive burned up 1 sump pump, and yes it was big enough. now the secomd one is whining. im at the end of my grow so this is really for the next 1. im going to adapt and modify the things that I had issues with during my maiden voyage thru ebb and grow system i have.

Well every electric motor has a duty cycle. This represents the percentage of an hour that they can run. 50% duty cycle equals 30 minutes out of an hour. If you run a motor longer than it's duty cycle you'll shorten it's life span. The more frequently and the farther past the duty cycle the sooner the motor will die.

Most sump pumps run for less than a minute at a time and only a handful of times per day at most. Depending on the manufacturer they'll use varying qualities of motors and price them accordingly.

Aquarium pumps are generally designed for a longer duty cycle however the cheapest ones still use substandard motors. If your using it in a closed loop circulating system look for something like a grundfos, they're built for continuous duty, It may be tricky finding something small enough though and they're not a submersible pump.

Back
Top Bottom