Nutes in septic tank? Anybody know?

OldMedUser

Formerly Known as LabRat
I was wondering if anyone disposes of their nutes into a septic tank and if so, any thoughts?

I have a sump in the floor next to my grow room that pumps into the septic tank during the winter. It would be a heck of a lot easier to dump them in there than humping them up the stairs and out to the garden. There's no septic field to plug up. The effluent gets pumped out to the woods and I have a nice crop of thistles growing out there. Lousy tasting buds tho! lol

I'm more concerned that the nutes will cause some sort of algae bloom or something and plug the whole tank up with crud.

If nothing else I'll dump 5 gallons in there and see what happens.

C'ya

:peace:

I have a sceptic system and I dump 50 gallons every week into it for the past year and a half. Ive had the inspected twice since for any possible issues and Im fine. Hope that helps you

I have a sceptic system and I dump 50 gallons every week into it for the past year and a half. Ive had the inspected twice since for any possible issues and Im fine. Hope that helps you

I think maybe so! :thanks: PitViper!

I'll go dump them old things in there and save me a few pails of lugging. Me and my aching back thank you very much for the info.

+Rep for the quick response! :bong:

C'ya

As long as its not too acidic the septic tank should love it. Bacteria is what makes a septic tank work and nutes should raise the levels.

As long as its not too acidic the septic tank should love it. Bacteria is what makes a septic tank work and nutes should raise the levels.

It should be fine that way. Usually about 5.8 and likely only max 15 gals at a time and the tank holds about 350 in the sludge chamber. I could always tell the women to leave the bathtubs full and pull the plugs right after I dump. That would flush the nutes through real quick.

It's those bugs I was worried about. I didn't want to look out the window and see the lid lifting off the septic and a flood of stinky foam. lol

It sounds pretty good so unless a real horror story pops up soon that's where they're going.

Thanks a bunch and +Reps for you too!.

Back
Top Bottom