A few questions:

grofox

I am reading "indoor marijauna horticulture" by Jorge cervantes, copyrite 1993. It is dated, but I have a few questions.

I was told in a hydroponic system, 5.8-6.2 ph is best, but he explicitly says 6.0-6.5, where 6.3 is the target? Any opinion?

He also states to NOT empty the used reservoir of nutrient solution into a septic tank, but does not state why...overflow cannot be the reason...maybe the nutrients cause plant growth inside the tank? Do the salts in the solution clog up the septic tank? Can anyone offer some advice here? Obviously, I have a septic tank!

Thanks

In my hydro grow, I targeted 5.3-5.9 ph...6.0 to 6.5 does seem high from everything I have learned.

You don't want to pour nute solution down your septic lines. It will cause massive problems with algea blooms, which will in turn cause problems with septic tank performance.

I used my old nute solution to feed flowers on my lawn...there are still usable levels of nutes in the solution, and the flowers and such seemed to love it.

^ Good info.

As far as ph goes, sometimes you get plants that don't mind the higher ph. It's strain dependent. Some sensitive strains would never do well with a ph of 6.5, so we kinda have to treat all strains as individuals and find out what works best for them. ;-)

I am reading "indoor marijauna horticulture" by Jorge cervantes, copyrite 1993. It is dated, but I have a few questions.

I was told in a hydroponic system, 5.8-6.2 ph is best, but he explicitly says 6.0-6.5, where 6.3 is the target? Any opinion?

He also states to NOT empty the used reservoir of nutrient solution into a septic tank, but does not state why...overflow cannot be the reason...maybe the nutrients cause plant growth inside the tank? Do the salts in the solution clog up the septic tank? Can anyone offer some advice here? Obviously, I have a septic tank!

Thanks

I'm much the same. Don't want to find out what happens if I pump my old nutes into the septic tank. So I get a little more exercise humping the dregs upstairs and out to the woods. Not bad now but when it hits -40 this winter I might just see what happens! :0)

Keeping my DWC @ 5.4 - 6.0 with no effort and Advanced Nutrients 3-part. Even when my lazy ass lets the tubs get way down low the pH seems to stay stable. I don't know if AN are the best nutes for DWC but after eight years of joy why should I care?

A few drops of concentrated sulphuric acid,(H2SO4), in a 12Gal tub knocks a 7 down to a 6. Two more and it's 5.4. Bingo! Tends to stay there for days on end.

I've never had a problem with pH in my DWCs. The freakin' easiest way to do hydro IMO. I've been party to a lot of hydro systems and most of them are a plumbers freakin' nightmare. Leaks, hot nutes from pumps, plugged jets .... Yadda, yadda.

2 tubs, 2 stones, 1 Maxima dual outlet aquarium pump and balanced hydro nutes = no problems with massive growth and impressive yields. A little flush for the last few days or not have never got me a complaint. Tight, hard nugs that curl your nose hairs when you snuff a jar. Near hallucinogenic rushes with big vapour hits and heart pounding kick-offs from Canna-butter cookies.

This is from my KaliMist x (Hawaian Sativa x BC BigBud).

Hoping for a big narco effect from the Kush that are just starting to bulk up after 47 days post 12/12.

This IS heaven on earth. The freedom derived from injesting the greatest plant on earth that you've grown yourself and being healed or helped cannot be topped by riches or fame.

My first thirty years toking were for fun, the last ten have been for enlightenment and healing. I'm hoping for many more to reach the nirvana that is a satisfied mind.

"One rich man in ten has a satisfied mind" (Goose Creek Symphony).

Going to move to a DWC ScrOG as soon as I can deal with the logistics of mobile tubs with chicken wire halos. I broke my back in an '83 bike crash and as much as I love the big tubs they are freakin' hard to deal with sometimes!

Keep the pH below 6.0 for hydro of any kind. Decent nutes of course.

Peace and tight nugs.

Back
Top Bottom