Could I put COBs in these LED fixtures?

Why does no one on 420 use the cxms yet.

According to everything I read they are now the best bang for your buck next to the citi.

I still believe we are going a little nuts with these builds.

1 cob per square foot is like adding 4x 1000 Watt hps then dimming is it not?

I run 4x citi1825 with fantastic results and I only had to buy 4 heatsinks = $$$$ in hand.

Crop King White Cookies - Drip Irrigation - DIY Citi Cobs - SCROG

i havent heard much about the citi1825 and even searching for/buying it comes up with sparse results.. that said, it looks like that chips forward voltage is over 50, which would have made it a no go for these conversions with the existing drivers I think

At the beginning of the post I have pics and everything of my 4 cxm22's in 3000k galaxyhydro conversion.
So ya folks are using the cxm22's.

Sent from my SM-G530T using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I used 3mm nuts and bolts. I got a new piece of aluminum to mount the cobs and holders to also.

Got it done last night and tried it out. DAMN it's bright as the sun compared to what it was!

420-magazine-mobile2117613439.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1416010444.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1495828198.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1155003660.jpg

Thank you fanleaf for all your help and guidance, after putting this thing together and seeing the difference it intensity. I can't wait to start on the next light!

Here are some pics from the conversion.

I absolutely love them over the small 5w led's it came with.
But I am new to cobs and don't have any real comparison between cxm and any other chips.

I think that was the best move with cree cxb cob's. 1.2mA @36v close to 40w each so a good 80w veg fixture that can be used for bloom to. Congratulations for a great job. Looks great too.

That fixture has 2 drivers in parallel for 36V @2.4mA.
And I haven't done that conversion yet.
Did the 4 cxm22's on the other panel and haven't had time to finish up the other yet.
But hopefully soon lol.

Back
Top Bottom