Cramped ScrOG and clock is ticking, advice needed

pdgenoa

420 Member
This is the first ScrOG I've done in about three years and I can't remember at about what point I switched to flowering. I know there's still some expansive growth after switching before they slow down and start filling out and I'm worried I may have waited too long.

As you can see the screen is almost full. What's not apparent is that I'm using a much smaller tent than my previous grows and currently I have only 25" between the bottom of my light hood and the top of the plants. I'm running at 600w on 18/4 cycle in soil with very minimal nutes. It's air cooled and typically runs between 75° and 82°f. The light is as high as it can go without being in contact with the top of the tent btw.

I welcome any advice I can get.

Defoliate and flip them,,, like last week!

You'll be okay take some of the big top fan leaves that are blocking the light and flip. Then like 15 days later you'll want to strip everything below the screen.

Have fun best of luck flowering!

Defoliate and flip them,,, like last week!

You'll be okay take some of the big top fan leaves that are blocking the light and flip. Then like 15 days later you'll want to strip everything below the screen.

Have fun best of luck flowering!
This is the first ScrOG I've done in about three years and I can't remember at about what point I switched to flowering. I know there's still some expansive growth after switching before they slow down and start filling out and I'm worried I may have waited too long.

As you can see the screen is almost full. What's not apparent is that I'm using a much smaller tent than my previous grows and currently I have only 25" between the bottom of my light hood and the top of the plants. I'm running at 600w on 18/4 cycle in soil with very minimal nutes. It's air cooled and typically runs between 75° and 82°f. The light is as high as it can go without being in contact with the top of the tent btw.

I welcome any advice I can get.

If you switch your lighting to led then you won't have to worry about burning and melting the top of the tent.
Then you can just tie the lights up to the very top of the tent so the plants won't grow in to your light.
That's what I do.
Make sure you defoliate and get rid of the fan leaves to get your canopy even.

If you switch your lighting to led then you won't have to worry about burning and melting the top of the tent.
Then you can just tie the lights up to the very top of the tent so the plants won't grow in to your light.
That's what I do.
Make sure you defoliate and get rid of the fan leaves to get your canopy even.
Thank you that's an excellent idea. I'd been using this smaller tent for autos so didn't have to think about height unless I was growing leggy sativas. I think I'll invest some of my, umm... savings in an led setup. Got any advice on brands you like?

That's great! Thank you. I'm doing it today. Thanks for the pics too, it gives me a better idea what to aim for:cool:
Yep. Typically in the future the idea is to flip to 12 12 when the net Is 3/4 full. And keep tucking through stretch. But you'll do fine there

:thumb:

Thank you that's an excellent idea. I'd been using this smaller tent for autos so didn't have to think about height unless I was growing leggy sativas. I think I'll invest some of my, umm... savings in an led setup. Got any advice on brands you like?
The Mars Hydro lights are good lights.
They're affordable and reliable.

Yep. Typically in the future the idea is to flip to 12 12 when the net Is 3/4 full. And keep tucking through stretch. But you'll do fine there

:thumb:
Thanks again, this has calmed me down from my previous panic.

Last question - should I stay at 600w when I switch to MH?

I just bought a "Horticulture Lighting Group 260 watt XW Quantum Board." I am five weeks into veg (3' x 3' tent) and I am very happy with it. It's Bright white no blurples

Nice investment. You should throw out some pics of your setup. Are you doing a specific strain?
3 critical kush and 1 CBd critical mass.
73A5F6D1-D991-4D0D-BDFD-F8C7F688EB05.jpeg

Here is one with the light

I love it! Looks like a lot of that is hand built. Impressive.

But now I have questions lol. What are the pipes and are the blue tubes for watering?

They are for my automated feeding, they are connected to drip rings now. I put the plants right into five gallon cloth pots right after I germinated them and hand fed for a couple of weeks. Now it is all automated, I have it set to feed each plant about half a gallon of nutes once a day. Plants are growing in 75% coco 25% perlite. Here is a pic you can see drip rings
93423D98-A572-42CB-BB3D-F07997F0798A.jpeg

I love it. I've been considering the cloth pots but haven't committed to it yet. I've been doing traditional watering so long. I just need to make the jump and go all in on cloth and automatic feeding. I've played with my own diy tube rings with holes and a tube I can pour water into but mainly because it's hard to get to my back plants.
If you don't mind going into it are the ones you're using from a kit you can get or did you put the components together yourself? Is there a resource you used to get started or did you start growing this way? I want to switch to this method but I'm having a hard time finding an on-ramp for beginners.

Back
Top Bottom