Cryodude, 1st Indoor Grow LED/Soil 2011 Bubba Kush/Skunk Cross Clones and Many More!

Re: Cryodude, 1st Indoor Grow LED/Soil 2011 Bubba Kush/Skunk Cross Clones and Many Mo

Howdy Doc, glad you found my little thread. I caught your reply from your thread a little bit ago. I have a shopping list from the wife, so i will just grab this stuff and deal with it over the weekend. Your help is much appreciated. Sure wish i was living in the garden. but at least i have my niece there, but she is all brown thumbs, but i am working on that too.

Thanks again!!

Re: Cryodude, 1st Indoor Grow LED/Soil 2011 Bubba Kush/Skunk Cross Clones and Many Mo

Thanks Bio, i was reading on your thread about having trouble getting in there to LST. I had some of those issues with my bushy beasts that are out in the yard as well. but it is a wonderful problem... just be thinking about the buds they will grace you with in 8-10 weeks!! Makes all the little hassles worth it!

Well , i seem to have an issue in the containers. Don't know if i fried them partially with a light feeding or what. I have several leaves on #1 and #3 plants, and i thought it was light burn but apparently i zapped em with a tea i fed. But it didn't do much to the middle plant, just the outside two.

There two shots are of #1 and #3, who are on the outside edges of the grow room, and you can see the dmg on the leaves.

BKS_1_burnt_leaves.JPG

BKS_1_nute_burn.JPG

These shots are of the center plant, #2 and it is way more bushy than the other two plants and the leaf burn is minimal.

KBS_2_burnt_leaves.JPG

Center_bubba_kush_skunk.JPG

I need to be more careful and everything will need to be done in the smallest increments since i may fert, then leave and not see them for 3 days. and i come back to what you see above.

Thanks for looking. While i don't have the growth on 1 and 3 like i want, #2 is really bushing out so i may start cutting the light back by an hour every 3 days or so to get a little more veg on the two plants and minimize the middle one. So, by the end of the month, we should be flowering in there.

Well update time. I have apparently totally fucked up the bubba kush skunks. They are burned bad, and i have been tied up with things and not able to get over and play with them properly. I am going to do a super flush on them on the 30th and redo part of the soil on the tops of them. Don't know if it will help, but if not i may try to salvage a couple of cuttings and chalk it up to a lesson learned.

Below are my little cuttings i took 4 and 5 weeks ago. I have no shots of the 4 White Widow clones as they were elsewhere because i had no room. that will be addressed on the 30th as well and they will all be on here updated later in the week.

So now to the new clones, here is a group shot with all of them under their lights in a small 30x50 inch cabinet. You can see why there are no Ww clones in there in their little 3 or 5 gal pots.

These are left to right in back, Purple Kush, Blue Widow, Kushberry and Sage. Those cuttings were done on 7-20-11. The front row from left to right is Train Wreck from 7-20, Train Wreck from 7-29 , Kushberry from 7-29 and another sage from 7-29 also.

8-28_clone_mothers_to_be1.JPG

Now PK and BW in back left.

8-28_Purple_Kush_and_Blue_Widow_clones_from_7-20_new_momma_s_to_be1.JPG

Now the Kushberry and Sage on back right.

8-28_Kushberry_and_Sage_clones_done_on_7-20_new_mommas_to_be.JPG

Now Train Wrecks from the front left.

8-28_Train_Wreck_clone_from_7-20_new_momma_to_be1.JPG

8-28_Train_Wreck_clone_from_7-29_new_momma_or_smoke_maybe1.JPG

Now Kushberry clone #2 in front center.

8-28_Kushberry_clone_2_from_7-29_new_mother_or_smoke.JPG

And last the 2nd Sage, from 7-29. This may be the best growing of all the clones, its so short and full.

8-28_Sage_clone_2_from_7-29_new_momma_or_smoke1.JPG

So i will have more on the update front in a few days. Still working on the room, waiting on lights and other stuff.

Thanks for stopping by and Looks like my attempt to start flowering the bubba skunks is going to be waiting a bit since i fuggered em up.!!

you liking the lights,are they too intense?

you liking the lights,are they too intense?

They are really bright, Fartman. The intensity is fine, i htought i burned/bleached em with the lights too low and on 24/7. I fucked up something in the soil mix. I did these 3 bubba skunks in their own little mix. And i have cooked the shit outta them. I flushed em big time, twice but it appears that whatever it is , is staying for a while. So they are now under T5's, low heat, slowing it all down, will keep flushing em every few days. and see if i can at least salvage clones to continue them.

I have some new lights coming, DS200's from Advanced LED. so i will have a nice comparison on them with these --- Spectras. I have an idea the new lights will be better, even at a lower wattage.

Cryo,
My spectras haven't been turned on since I got the new Advanced lights. You won't be disappointed. The new chips on the DS lights are bright! How many 200s did you get? I actually think that 4 in a 4x4 tent will outperform the 800. You can get a good footprint laid down with them.

Not sure what to do with my pair of spectra 300s now. I guess I can use them for a comparison grow, but I already know what the outcome will be.

Hope the girls get better soon.

Cryo,
Just found the journal. Glad to see you're back on the forums and have your grow started. I'm subbed for this one!
:popcorn:

Howdy Steve!! welcome to my little indoor mess, finally started up. I've had not much time for the past 2-3 months, so i been reading journals and keeping track of threads, but not posting much cept for my feeble attempts on these two grows (inside here and outdoor under First grow in 1/4 century).

Your last grow kicked ass, again!!! i ordered 4 of the DS200 lights to complete my inside, 4'9" x 9'3" 7' high tent. Within a couple of weeks, i will have 1850 watts over about 32 sq ft. I know you are a hydro guru now, i can only be here for a day every 3 or 4 days so i went soil. I can flood em good, check in a few days, if needed, i can hit em a little(tea/RO) till next big watering. So i am just getting my feet wet indoors now. So we'll see what happens.

I have a ton of picts i need to resize and upload here in a few minutes.

I will be watching your new #5 grow!!!! GO GO GO...........

Cryo,
My spectras haven't been turned on since I got the new Advanced lights. You won't be disappointed. The new chips on the DS lights are bright! How many 200s did you get? I actually think that 4 in a 4x4 tent will outperform the 800. You can get a good footprint laid down with them.

Not sure what to do with my pair of spectra 300s now. I guess I can use them for a comparison grow, but I already know what the outcome will be.

Hope the girls get better soon.

Hey Steve, i ordered 4 of the DS200's. My big tent is a 4x8x7 which means it is almost 5' deep, over 9' long and 7' high. I guess they over size them for the 4x4 and 4x8 trays that people use in them. So i have 7 1/2' of length i can use for now, i have a huge ass fan that rotates side/side and orbits up and down at same time to keep the air moving.

I was going to use the 4 new 200's and 2 290's under a 5x7 area. but i may try to squeeze all 8 of the lights in there. That would be 1850 watts so about 53 watts per sq ft of surface. I am still waiting for the 200's to arrive. Maybe week after next. they are b/o'd for 2 weeks as of last week, plus shipping time.

I am going to post some new picts and show my 3 fucked up plants again.

i know you have seen, but now it will be my turn to check out these lights side by side. If the 200's really destroy the older 290's i will use the 290;s for vegging going forward and probably get 2 more 200's and run 6 of them in that big tent.

Ok now for an update on the girls. attached are many picts similar to the ones i posted a few days ago. Nothing is growing really fast. they have all been under T5's until Tuesday, when i finally got my old LED's and air circulation set up in the big tent. So i have all 4 white widows, 1 TH Sage and 1 Kushberry sitting under 1050 watts of LED now. I am running them about 14 inches above the tops of the plants. Will see them when i get over there Friday night. I can make adjustments then.

So here is a group shot under the LED's, and i will post a couple of shots pulling them to the T5's so you can see some of them in their mini glory.

8-31_WW_s_Sage_Kushberry_new_tent_room.JPG

8-31_TH_sage_2_clone_from_7-29.JPG

8-31_TH_sage_2_again.jpg

8-31_Kushberry_2_clone_from_7-29.jpg

8-31_White_Widow_clone_from_7-20.jpg

I only had one shot of the widows out from under the LED's. I will try to get more/better shots this weekend.

Now on my Purple Kush clone, i have a bit of curling on the edges of some of the newer larger fan leaves. I don't know that this is a cause for concern, but wondering if anyone has a thought on what this is??? hope it is not a precursor to leave burning again. I did things completely different in the soil for the transplant of all my clones. And i have several containers aging with a compost tea on semi sealed containers for some beneficial growth for my next plants to flower.

8-31_PK_clone_from_7-20.JPG

YOu can see the plant appears very healthy, but these next two shots are my cause for possible concern,

8-31_PK_more_leaf_curl.JPG
8-31_PK_leaf_edge_curl.JPG

IF anyone has a thought, that would be awesome.

This next shot is clones i took off my healthiest (if you can call it that) bubba kush skunk clone. One of my 3 plants that i have cooked somehow. I took these hoping that 1 or two will actually pull through. I really wanted to grow this. So i have these 5 little critters that will be under poor supervision except when i am there for the next 10 days or so. Also the 3 clones i burned are here too. I have flushed them twice, will do it again this weekend and i have them under weak t5's for now as i try to sort out what to do with them

8-31_BKS_3_burned_bad.JPG
8-31_BKS_2_burned_bad.JPG
8-31_BKS_1_burned_bad.JPG

8-31_BKS_cuttings_taken_8-30.JPG

I have a few more shots of the other clones i took on 7-20 and the 2 from 7-29. they
are all doing well for now. Going to have some mommas, and i am still trying to get some indica heavy white rhino clones so i can mom one of those too.

8-31_Kushberry_clone_from_7-20.jpg
8-31_Kushberry_again.jpg
8-31_Blue_Widow_clone_from_7-20.jpg
8-31_Train_Wreck_clone_from_7-29.jpg
8-31_Sage_clone_from_7-20.jpg
8-31_TH_sage_2_clone_from_7-29.JPG
8-31_Train_Wreck_clone_from_7-20.jpg

So that's all for now. Will be back in the gardens tomorrow night. ( I HAVE TO play golf friday morning with the wife.. 18 holes, lots of lost golf balls, woot.

Well, a short update on my indoor garden. My white widows are all showing an oddity on the leaves, some light yellowing, different from what i had with the bubba kush skunks. Those appeared to have an iron/zinc/sulphur deficiency in new soil. But something else happened as you can see all the cooked leaves up above.

Below are some shots of my widows and the odd thing showing up on their leaves.

9-4-11_white_widow_yellowing_leaves_on_edges.jpg
9-4-11_white_widow_leaf_problem.jpg
9-4-11_white_widow_leaf_issue.jpg
9-4-11_White_Widow_clone_yellowing_edges_.jpg

I don't know quite what to make of this. Their soil is FFOF, with garden tone for micros and bacteria and light nutes. This soil has fresh worm castings, #3 perlite and trace minerals as well as a couple of pre-waterings of iron/zinc with epsom salts, cal mag and no shock to condition soil before use. The widows and everything else you will see all have identical soils. All mixed together at the same time, treated the same way and transplanted within a couple of days of each other. Everything else looks fine, so whatever this is, it is just appearing on the white widows for now.

Here are some shots of a few new clones and my new mommas, all greening up nicely.
THis shot is a white widow purple Erkle cross. I will veg this one for a mom. i really wanted to do an indoor grow of white rhino, but i cannot get the clones, so i will do something else.

9-4-11_White_Erkle_clone_9-3.JPG

THese are future moms, not all pictured. I have 10 plants i need to squeeze down to 4 or 5 to keep as mothers.

Here are my strains i have going. I'd take some input on which to keep for moms for future grows.

2 train wrecks
4 white widows
2 Kushberry
1 blue widow
2 TH Seeds Sage
1 bubba kush skunk cross
1 white erkle
1 purple kush

I can get the bubba locally, same with the white erkle and the purple kush. I am leaning towards the train wreck cause most of my stuff is straight indica mostly, then the Kushberry and blue widow and the sage, because no one seems to really have that around here. SO maybe keeping 1 white widow too. i might end up with 6 mothers and have to figure an area to set up for them. the one i have now, will work for 3 maybe 4 moms, not 6 though.

anyway, picts of my other little girls now.

Kushberry, train wrecks, blue widow and sage. no picts of the bubbas and PK and something my brain isn't processing at the moment.

9-4-11_Train_Wreck_clone_7-20_and_7-29.JPG
9-4-11_TH_Seeds_Sage_clone.JPG
9-4-11_Kushberry_clone.jpg
9-4-11_Blue_Widow_Clone.JPG

hope everyone had a great weekend and enjoy the holiday tomorrow.

How's the grow going? I popped my Sage seed, it is looking very nice. Hope it gets fat and bushy like yours soon. It's destined to be a mom, so I am looking forward to getting some clones off her soon.

How's the grow going? I popped my Sage seed, it is looking very nice. Hope it gets fat and bushy like yours soon. It's destined to be a mom, so I am looking forward to getting some clones off her soon.

Hey Steve, i haven't updated this one in a couple of weeks. My partner and I have been moving things around and repositioning the equipment in anticipation of my new lights( can't flip em yet till we can fill all the space with proper lighting. My new lights have finally shipped (tuesday, 20th), and i hope they get here tomorrow so i can take them this weekend and we can get busy!!! I will have a very good update. Still trying to figure out if my soil is fucked up or if its the new spectra --- lights. I am into my 2nd set up plants that have just gotten crisped under the lights. When i move em to T5's for a couple weeks then back into the LED area, then they seem to grow ok after that. I'm clueless, cause everything that is under the T5's in the small tent and closet look just awesome mostly. I sent an email to the light dude and said WTF.... waiting on a reply. probably just nothing i can do about it now. Anyhow. , with luck Sunday night or Monday i will have lots of picts of the areas. , the plants and what we have going on now.

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom