Curing in your grow room Please help!

growninnorcal

I did an experiment with diffrent strains that I never grew before. I wanted to see which one I liked along with growth before I completly went with that strain. I'm stuck now seeing some strains being harvested earlier than others. I don't know what to do inorder to cure the early strain? I only have my growroom which will be lite up still from the others strains that need 1-2 more weeks till they will be harvested.

What can I do? I don't have any more space for curing.... If you have any tips or o links that can direct me in the right direction please help. Thanks

Re: Curing in your growroom PLEASE help!

I just remembered hearing that exposing it to light will have an effect on the THC? Is that true? Could I just put them in a cardboard box with a light breeze from a fan? Thanks

I just remembered hearing that exposing it to light will have an effect on the THC? Is that true? Could I just put them in a cardboard box with a light breeze from a fan? Thanks

Light exposure for a few days wont have a noticable effect as long as its not in direct light. I have dried in a lit up room I just dont dry under the lights.

You could also go with the cardboard box.

go for the box. Thats how i cure anyways. stick some coat hangers threw and threw, stab a few small holes all over and your good. People should dismis it anyways its just a box.

I did an experiment with diffrent strains that I never grew before. I wanted to see which one I liked along with growth before I completly went with that strain. I'm stuck now seeing some strains being harvested earlier than others. I don't know what to do inorder to cure the early strain? I only have my growroom which will be lite up still from the others strains that need 1-2 more weeks till they will be harvested.

What can I do? I don't have any more space for curing.... If you have any tips or o links that can direct me in the right direction please help. Thanks

Hi,

How big is your grow room? Is it actually a room or one of those tent thingies? One thing I devised this year due to space constraints was a drying tower. Instead of running the clothesline scenario, I made towers from wire fencing. They look like this, loaded....

drying.jpg
tower_of_power.jpg

They hold more bud in a smaller area than running lines. You can make them any size that works for you. Mine are about 18" in diameter and are doubled to reach almost to the ceiling.

Having staggered harvests is really a godsend in disguise. You'll figger this out as you go along. ;)

:peace:

Hi,

How big is your grow room? Is it actually a room or one of those tent thingies? One thing I devised this year due to space constraints was a drying tower. Instead of running the clothesline scenario, I made towers from wire fencing. They look like this, loaded....

drying.jpg
tower_of_power.jpg

They hold more bud in a smaller area than running lines. You can make them any size that works for you. Mine are about 18" in diameter and are doubled to reach almost to the ceiling.

Having staggered harvests is really a godse!nd in disguise. You'll figger this out as you go along. ;)

:peace:

Now that's what I call stealth! LOL! Good post:peace:

hahaha!!! when i saw this post i said to myself where is IRISH when you need him... and he is already here.

also there are good posts in the forums under medical MJ facts and info, and also in the FAQ under grow room on how to cure and different techniques depending on size and availability.

this is just my opinion but from what i have read... even a fast dry from hanging or heat can be mostly corrected once the buds are jarred or bagged. as long as the moisture in the stems and core of the buds can equalize before drying out and a slow cure follows. good luck buddy.

I to have very little space at low temps. I put them in jars in a box in my bathroom lowest enclosed cupboard at floor level and and vent them 2 to 3 times a day.

Seems to be doing well so far, hope this helps.

Mississippi

Love your hanging technique. I am crippled and can't lift but whish I could. I keep smelling chlorophill during the curing process in the jars. They showed all indications of being ready for harvest yet I have an alfalfa smell. I flushed for two weeks so shouldn't be chems. Anything I can do to rid them of the smell. I have the buds in jars.

Mississippi

Thanks for your reply on curing. I have what appears to be root rot in ebb and flo, greenish color(algea) on roots and bottom leaves dying. Anything I can do????????? What can I use for cleaning the flo system to not have this happen again.

Back
Top Bottom