Water cure your plants

I really guess it all depends on the kind of water like what Racefan stated and also the strain that you actually decide water cure. Some strains prob work out a lot better with a water cure than others as in the taste and smell and others prob turn into really nasty weed.. lol :Rasta:

Most people say the taste is just lost or reduced, not turned into something nasty. It does get darker, loses an extra 25% in weight and it shrinks - but its a smoother taste and more potent.

I read somewhere that they use water cured weed so that the smell of weed is masked and no one knows they are toking, guess it's really effective when mixed with tobacco.

I sure hope so, I've only done a test run with a mostly indica plant but I just started a larger run of some mostly sativa haze to water cure. I'm hoping it comes out as good, we do have good water here.

Can I say NO THANKS.. ANY CLEARER

Don't say it again if you already did. I'm almost done budding my first closet grow. I like the theory behind this but i think i'm gonna go the safe air-bag-jar method. Maybe i'll expariment with this later. I do plan on a bigger crop next next year.

hmm interesting
Marijuana cured by this method has a dark, almost black colour, and looks twisted and curled, something like tea leaves. The water cure is frequently used to cure dried fan leaves and poor-quality grass. 1st of all how do i cure leaves cause i hate to waste stuff
and second
is it a good idea to take a dried bud and soak it in water if so what kind water hor or cold?

i did this will some leaf. before it was like straw. after it smelt sorta like tea and looked dark green almost brown. i'm smoking leaf because i'm out until my ladies finish flowering. it improved the taste and smell. it seems a bit more potent to me as well. that could just be a mind game but who cares if i believe it. so if you have some trash you 'need' to smoke i'd recommend the water. i don't think i'd ever use it on buds. well.... maybe some really nasty stuff but nothing i'd grow.

kool thanks bro wo what type of water for the leaves

dude that method rocks.i had some heads that i watercured and some that i just dried.and they smell totally different.water cured one is greener and stronger.nice tip

organicaly chemically and green wise the water cure makes sense getting rid of the easily watersoluble chemicals plant pigments etc probably could use the cure water as a weak form of compost tea to return chem/nutes to other plants i wonder if a water cure with hydrogen peroxide would prevent musty /moldy smell/taste on damp cellar grows Ed rosenthal hasd a good book out
on turning trash to stash making hash kieff oil tincture of glycerin and alcohol vodka infussion cooking oils /fats etc

if you took some harsh dank buds and water cured them it would get rid of some of the harshness, i do not think you would gain anypotency.

I just did a water cure on my first plant...

PICT403.jpg

PICT405.jpg

camera is not the best but..
here on the left is regular cured/dried bud, and on the right is the water cure
PICT420.jpg

PICT423.jpg

and a couple of close ups of the water cure
PICT406.jpg

PICT411.jpg

PICT407.jpg

it is alot darker, smokes like wood..lol very little taste, and smell,, but gets you high..

I like the taste and look and smell of pot too much, to probably do this again, it was fun to try, and if I needed stealth, I would do it again, maybe roll it into a cig with 10% tobacco, and I bet it would smell like a regular butt..

Water curing weed the right way at 25C for eight days at least or it will taste shit.
I grow outside in soil.
I harvest my buds from my plant after i cut the tree down.
Then start the water cure right away. I will put my buds in a bag they sell onions or orange in with a weight in to keep it submerged.
Fill up a bucket of rain water, heat the water to 25C then gently put your bag in and let it soak, no lid, but not in the sun.
I use a ppm meter. Rainwater measures around 50ppm. My first soak after 12 hours the water measures 600ppm even more. Time for water change, Gently take out the bag from the bucket and hang it somewhere to drip, whilst preparing your bucket with clean water,now same procedure,heat your rainwater to 25C, then place your bag back in the water.
After day 4 you i only change the water every 24 hrs, Every time you do a water change, you measure the ppm, I find in my conditions here, after 8 days the ppm measures below 200ppm, leaving it a day or two longer submerged will give you a 'purer' bud.
I have a big dehydrator, i just place my plant material in for two days and they dry.
After that i decarboxylite if i need to.
Water cured buds this way will give you a smoother smoke,though i don't smoke. I make rso or feco.
Or if you want vape juice, fill a bottle 3/4 way with bud then fill it with glycerine. Put it somewhere in your car,drive around with it for 9 months, then strain and use as vape juice.

Here's my take on H20 curing. It's the "go-to" method of curing for edibles. It works great and takes about 10 days until done to include dry time (for me at least). The smoke is smooooth ( yeah I tried it) but tastes like nothing which is the trade off. Vape it and you will taste whatever terps survived. I was surprised by the taste vaping water cured bud....try it. I experimented with swag and nug alike. Fast forward 10 years to today. Now I dry my nugs the ol' fashioned way. When I cut down my plant (grow tent 1 at a time) I trim at that time as opposed to letting the branches dry a bit 1st. All the sugar trimmings, fan leaves, popcorn buds, and chopped down to Nova FX size stem chunks go in a 5G bucket and covered with a piece of weighted screen (I use nylon window screen). I then fill 'er up with tap water. Some people use reverse osmosis H20 but I'm a cheap bastard and this is all swag anyhow. The rest is the same...change out the water every day until it's clear. It takes about a week +/- a day based on strain, compactness, density of the larger stem pieces near the trunk etc... I know it's ready when the water runs clear because the first 2 days is a green color and then a brownish for a day or two and then clear. The green is the chlorophyll (nasty taste) and the brownish is the residual chemicals etc to include most (but not all -VAPE) of the terpenes. The whole point here is not to smoke this stuff but to clean it as best as possible, for its destined to visit my Nova FX for decarb and infusion. I make butter that tastes like butter instead of weed and let me just say it's potent. I thought since it's all swag it would not be. Oops...couch lock from one cookie. All the crap leached out reduced the overall weight and concentrated the THC ratio as a result making the butter stronger. As a last thought I should mention I also flush with 5G of water 10 days before harvest so the nasty green water is a bit lessened and my air dried buds cured old school are also smooooth and tasty!. The plant is White Widow from 420's site. Same plant for years, Grow, clone, repeat!

Anyhow just my 2 cents. Water curing is great for cooking but not so much for smoking.

Back
Top Bottom