Curing problem

Guys,I have ordered boveda packs and they are due Tuesday. Now,I need instructions on how to use them. Like,do I place buds in cardboard box,and suspend pack over them? just basic info like that. And how long normally can I smell results,etc,etc. Thanks all. 800

Once flowers are dry and have been put in a airtight jar, burped and cured, put boveda packet in airtight jar with flowers.

I have always had problems with the curing process. Every time I try to do the jar and burp thing, I am disappointed with grassy hay buds. My current method eliminates the hay smell and works for me

Haven't had a crop to dry in my tent since I got my temps under control. Last 7 plants or so have been hung in a hot tent with good air flow. 3-5 days to fully dry. Then hung in the living room to pluck them a bud at a time, smallest to largest.

The lowers go in thin layers in loosely closed cardboard boxes stuck into a "custom" drying box which gets attached to my tents passive intake.

What was your RH% in the jar when you put the cigar pack in there. Usually for me, if I chop, it takes 7 days to dry to 75% RH. I dry at 65F/18C, 60% RH, then it goes in the jar, but after that, it takes me every bit of two weeks to hit that 60% RH mark that I store at. Here is the object after chopping, weed will smell like fresh sugar grass, the chlorophyll takes time to break-down. So you first try to make your "cure" last at least 7 days because you want to hit "senescence" as slow as possible! Then after you hit that mark, "senescence", place your bud in jars, then it should take you another two weeks to get to that 58% - 62% RH target range. You do that by opening each jar for 1 hour a day at 65F/18C, 50% RH for the next two weeks. You do that slowly, for the next two weeks, because you want to recharge your jars daily, which allows for you to supercharge the chlorophyll decaying process using a very nifty trick that nature does all on it own, it called "oxygenase". Anyhow... after that store them for later enjoyment! Final Thought... If you want your buds to smell the way they should you have to do things slowly because you want most all that chlorophyll decayed before you seal them jars!
We also need to consider the density of the buds to begin with and size of buds too verse small grows too maybe?

Just thinking out loud :passitleft:

I hang dry for about 3-7 days at about 78° 50%-60% humidity. When the little stems snap, but not quite break, like when I can just pull off a nug without any stem strings attached. I put some test nugs in a jar with a hygrometer for an hour or two and check their humidity. If they’re 65% or lower I put them all in jars with a 62% Boveda pack in the bottom. If they’re higher than 65% I let them hang for another 12 hours or so and check again.

When they are in jars I open them twice a day for the first couple weeks then once a day for a couple weeks then once a week or so for a total of three months.

After three months I would remove the boveda packs and vacuum seal the jars but I smoke them by then.

Have Fun
:passitleft:

We also need to consider the density of the buds to begin with and size of buds too verse small grows too maybe?

Just thinking out loud :passitleft:
:smokin:
If one wanted to be scientific, I think a lot of crazy variables could come into play. Such as: With my hang dry I end up with really smooth non grassy smoke and good flavor. I attribute this to flushing until the plant eats itself and begins to really die.

My theory is that Less chlorophyll, when drying starts, may make a big difference in how long she needs to cure.

I might play around with some jars over the winter after doing my flush til she dies method. Maybe I can get something right.

I can't smell it:rofl::rofl::rofl: nice man..

What was your RH% in the jar when you put the cigar pack in there. Usually for me, if I chop, it takes 7 days to dry to 75% RH. I dry at 65F/18C, 60% RH, then it goes in the jar, but after that, it takes me every bit of two weeks to hit that 60% RH mark that I store at. Here is the object after chopping, weed will smell like fresh sugar grass, the chlorophyll takes time to break-down. So you first try to make your "cure" last at least 7 days because you want to hit "senescence" as slow as possible! Then after you hit that mark, "senescence", place your bud in jars, then it should take you another two weeks to get to that 58% - 62% RH target range. You do that by opening each jar for 1 hour a day at 65F/18C, 50% RH for the next two weeks. You do that slowly, for the next two weeks, because you want to recharge your jars daily, which allows for you to supercharge the chlorophyll decaying process using a very nifty trick that nature does all on it own, it called "oxygenase". Anyhow... after that store them for later enjoyment! Final Thought... If you want your buds to smell the way they should you have to do things slowly because you want most all that chlorophyll decayed before you seal them jars!
Oxygenase.....hmmmmmm

Back
Top Bottom