Curling bud sites

Fatlad

hi fellow growers. just need your knowledge on my problem on this plant. its 2 week into flower now I'm growing in hydroton under Led lights fc 4800 PPFD is 900 and its getting flooded every hour for 15mins. my pH is 5.8 and my ec is 1.6. its on hydro A and B sumo boost, big bud and bud candy. I'm running a sterile system and using silver bullet. I've had several grows under my belt but always been in coco and not hydroton. I just can't get my head around what it is. Any advice or help would very much be appreciated

20230725_221553.jpg

20230725_221545.jpg

20230725_221541.jpg

Screenshot_20230725_224344_Gallery.jpg

Howdy to me they have the clawing effect. Usually that means over watering are you letting the media dry out long enough? What's the roots look like? When I did hydro I was feeding like 5 or 6 times a day 15 min flood time. Hope this helps I'm sure you'll get some better advice here soon from other fellow growers ✌️. I dumped the hydro and I do living soil now much better for me and the environment and it's WAY MORE cost effective

Howdy to me they have the clawing effect. Usually that means over watering are you letting the media dry out long enough? What's the roots look like? When I did hydro I was feeding like 5 or 6 times a day 15 min flood time. Hope this helps I'm sure you'll get some better advice here soon from other fellow growers ✌️. I dumped the hydro and I do living soil now much better for me and the environment and it's WAY MORE cost effective
Plants don't look that bad though. Happy Growing!!

hi fellow growers. just need your knowledge on my problem on this plant. its 2 week into flower now I'm growing in hydroton under Led lights fc 4800 PPFD is 900 and its getting flooded every hour for 15mins. my pH is 5.8 and my ec is 1.6. its on hydro A and B sumo boost, big bud and bud candy. I'm running a sterile system and using silver bullet. I've had several grows under my belt but always been in coco and not hydroton. I just can't get my head around what it is. Any advice or help would very much be appreciated

20230725_221553.jpg

20230725_221545.jpg

20230725_221541.jpg

Screenshot_20230725_224344_Gallery.jpg
@Rexer grows in hydroton. Maybe he can offer his thoughts...

yeah thats what I'm trying to work out if it's watering problems ... so I've cut my watering times down to 6 during lights on and once when it's off. it's my first time growing hydro and yeah think I might regret this but heard once you get it zoned in can have good results

Unlikely to be overwatering in flood/drain - think your EC may be a tad high?
I've just been following the ec chart I've already halved the nutes. maybe I could drop the ec down a bit and see how it goes. it's just that the bottom of my plants leaves was going yellow

I've just been following the ec chart I've already halved the nutes. maybe I could drop the ec down a bit and see how it goes. it's just that the bottom of my plants leaves was going yellow
Hard to know what to suggest - you've checked the nute combo you are using is all compatible and not combine to an overdose of NP or K?
Candy won't make any difference, but BB is a fair bit of additional P,K & S and should only be used for a short period as I understand it

Hard to know what to suggest - you've checked the nute combo you are using is all compatible and not combine to an overdose of NP or K?
Candy won't make any difference, but BB is a fair bit of additional P,K & S and should only be used for a short period as I understand it
I've asked my local grow store and he said they are all compatible with each other. and yeah it's hard to know where to start. hopefully I should be able to sort it with everybody's help and info :)

I've asked my local grow store and he said they are all compatible with each other. and yeah it's hard to know where to start. hopefully I should be able to sort it with everybody's help and info :)
I don't think its your watering cycle because I've been running a bell syphon as a test and its a continuous flood drain floods in 3min roughly and drains in half that so my roots are constantly being wet and im growing in hydroton too.
I hope this helps in some way

I don't think its your watering cycle because I've been running a bell syphon as a test and its a continuous flood drain floods in 3min roughly and drains in half that so my roots are constantly being wet and im growing in hydroton too.
I hope this helps in some way
yeah my system are 10 litre pots and every hour they get flooded from the bottom so the pressure pushes the water up through the pot for 15mins then it drains and then repeats every hour. I was kinda under the impression you can't over water but what I've read you can .. its so confusing lol .. should have stuck to my coco. cheers for the input 👍

yeah my system are 10 litre pots and every hour they get flooded from the bottom so the pressure pushes the water up through the pot for 15mins then it drains and then repeats every hour. I was kinda under the impression you can't over water but what I've read you can .. its so confusing lol .. should have stuck to my coco. cheers for the input 👍
Im in a 20ltr bucket and I have my root bock just touching high water level to try and avoid root rot I managed to give myself a little leaf curl at one point in grow by mixing pH down while pump was on but its ok now

Back
Top Bottom