Curling leaves

sokali

help!.... as you can see from the pics that one of my plants is having some curling issues and is a lot smaller than the other.

aprx 4 weeks old

in ocean forest potting soil

using sensi grow a & b 2ml per liter of water

sensizym 2ml per liter of water

super thrive .5ml per liter of water

watering 1/2 a liter of water with nutes every 5 - 7 days

in I think 3 or 5 gal pots

taking them out into the natural sun light from 7am till right before dark about 430pm and putting them inside under cfls until morning. I have been doing the light / sun sched for the last 3 weeks and just started on the water and nutes sced for this last week. with all that said... can anyone help or give some advice, thanks in advance.

plants51.JPG
plants46.JPG
plants310.JPG
plants214.JPG
plants114.JPG

looks like the leaves are drying out not really sure but here's some good info that may help from another thread in the last couple days...

Posted by African Grower on Light addicts Fluxing thread post # 927

Re: Fluxing Technique! Featuring Critical Sensi Star - Soil Perlite Mix 400 HPS
Hey Light, those pics are definitely 'clawing' downwards! Thanks for the clarification!

Now since I know you must have your nutrient feed dialed in, I can relate this to environmental effects. But just to be sure, check the foliage that gets the least exposure to heat and light. If it is a a case of high nutrient feed, then all leaves throughout the plant should show signs of curling.

Now if you rule that out, I most commonly see this problem in my leaves when temperature and lack of moisture coincide. When there is a lack of moisture in the air, combined with a constant fan blowing in their direction will lead to leaves drying out faster than it can absorb moisture, causing an upward curl, like a kayak!

When it is just too hot, the leaf will attempt to conserve moisture by curling down and inwards (like a claw), preventing the whole leave from respirating excess moisture into the air. Do you notice at different times of the day (early morning, late night) the leaves appear to be flattening out, but then other times of the day (mid-day) they seem to be getting worse? If so then your roots are not providing the leaves with enough moisture to overcome what the leaf is losing to the heat.

So when lights go off, when lights go on, or when you have just watered, are the times when your plants have the most moisture to utilise. Observe over the next few days and let me know what you find.

As I believe it is an environmental stress, there is no need for concern as of yet. I had my Bubb go through multiple dry spells till this day. Matter of fact, I will get a picture up of how similar our leaves may look

kikocorn...

first thing, thanx for the reply and info. I did not know that the soil came laced with fert. so what your saying is for the next 3 months I shouldn't have to add anything to the soil and my growth should be good?

heady...

thank you for your help and info. I don't thing that heat is a factor in this case, as it is about 60 - 65 degrees when I put them out and it gets to maybe 75-77 during the day and they get put in under the lights about an hour before the sun goes down inside where it stays about 74 under them lights. I went ahead and started give them more water and see if that helps.. again thanx

kikocorn...
I shouldn't have to add anything to the soil and my growth should be good?
yep. The soil it's in now has nutes, when the plant out grows that pot, you re-pot into a bigger one with current soil and some new soil that has brand new nutes in it. Rinse and repeat.

Back
Top Bottom