Is this magnesium deficiency or toxicity?

Cheschire

New growth curling down and yellowing between leaf veins...this is magnesium, correct? I transplanted my 2 clones after 3 weeks in 3" starter pots into 3 gal. pots with fox farm ocean forest. I've been watering them with RO water at 6.5 to 6.7 with a little under the recommended amount of cal-mag...around 2ml per gallon water. Only 1 plant is showing signs, they are under a Sunmaster Sunblaze 20,000 lumen blue florescent light at 24" above canopy. They have been fine up until 4 days after transplant, then started noticing the yellowing at first and new growth started drooping yesterday. I'm just confused if I'm supplementing cal-mag because of RO water, do I need more or is it a build up?

IMG_20210805_205352.jpg

IMG_20210805_205342.jpg

Hiyas Ches! To me, this plant looks to be showing small signs of possibly being over-nuted. Leaves look dark, shiny and I see a claw on one. The yellowing in between the veins I believe is from a cal-mag excess, not a deficiency. Did you nute these plants already aside from the cal-mag?
I have never used cal-mag so early in a grow, FF soils have plenty of nutes to get them by for the first 3-4 weeks of life.
Maybe someone here who uses it religiously can give more insight on the problem. But you have plenty of time for your plants to recover, and they'll be looking great. Good luck!
Here's a pic for reference in the future as well.

p27stnznocd71.jpg

Hiyas Ches! To me, this plant looks to be showing small signs of possibly being over-nuted. Leaves look dark, shiny and I see a claw on one. The yellowing in between the veins I believe is from a cal-mag excess, not a deficiency. Did you nute these plants already aside from the cal-mag?
I have never used cal-mag so early in a grow, FF soils have plenty of nutes to get them by for the first 3-4 weeks of life.
Maybe someone here who uses it religiously can give more insight on the problem. But you have plenty of time for your plants to recover, and they'll be looking great. Good luck!
Here's a pic for reference in the future as well.

p27stnznocd71.jpg
I was thinking toxicity also when I saw the claw. I did not give nutes when transplant, just low dose of cal mag every watering. I did use some "Rock-rootnator" supplement on second watering-see pic-. I'm just gonna give them some strait pH 6.5 water next watering

IMG_20210731_210119.jpg

IMG_20210731_210102.jpg

Back
Top Bottom