Dubya's Disfunction Junction: 3 Strain Indoor Grow

Dubya Kush

420 Member
This is my very first grow journal ever so ya'll can roll the fatties and chill while I do this thing. I'll toss the super old notebook I usually do this in for now. lol
Please feel free to ask questions, comment and give ideas/help if you see I need it. It would be very much appreciated.
I grew "old school" back in the day so I'm still learning about the advances made in growing, especially indoor.

Tent: 2x4 Veg Tent - moves to Flowering Tent @ 8 weeks.
Lights: Spider Farmer SF1000 LED (dimmable)
Growing Medium:
-FF Happy Frog until 2 week xplant
-FF Ocean Forest until harvest
-ProMix HP + EWC

Nutes: GeoFlora Veg & Bloom, Bigfoot Myco, FF Bushdoctor Cal-Mag, FF Big Bloom, EWC
Pots: 7 gallon fabric Smartpots
Co2: Exhale 360 bags + canister

I'd like to make a note of my setup though; I currently have 4 tents.
-Seedling tent -Veg Tent - Flowering Tent - Autos only tent
They are all basically set up the same way with the exception of the flowering tent which has gas Co2, larger fans...etc.
All of the tents have humdifiers/dehumidifiers on a work system that come on automatically when needed as well as exhaust fans that do the same. Well worth the investment!
So the temps and humidy are set for the following:

-Seedling tent: 70-80 deg. F 60-70% RH
-Veg Tent: 70-80 deg. F 55-65% RH
-Flowering Tent: 68-75 deg. F 45-55% RH

In this journal I will be doing 3 different strains:
-Jack Herer (Greenhouse Seed Co.)
-Holy Punch (Greenhouse Seed Co.)
-Super Critical Bud CBD (Garden of Green) *GoG notes this strain as having 21% THC & 17% CBD.

I'm doing this run as a medium comparison. The Jack Herer is in FF soil while the Holy Punch & Super Crit are in Promix HP.
Note: Promix is not a true "soil" but just another medium to grow in. However, I did add earthworm castings to the Promix and let it cook for 6 weeks before starting this comparison grow.
My Co2 bag was not ready in time for my veg tent this run. Bummer..it simply needed more time to get going. I will leave it in there though and see how it progresses but right now I'm getting PPM readings of 540. Not where I want to be but life goes on.
I hope yall enjoy the journal!

I decided not to bore ya'll to death with seedling pics. Judging by this pic, they clearly sprouted. And they did it in a hurry too, 2 days on all three. The Jack Herer was spindly though when it spouted and had deformed leaves. Chalking that up to good 'ole genetics but as you can see, the plant is doing much better now.

I started my seedlings in 1 gallon pots. Yep, I have done the Dixie cups before too but it saves an extra xplant this way and because they stay in larger pots, the extra boost of nutes from the FFOF see them through until xplant.
I fill each pot with:
-bottom 1/3 layer of the pot with FF Ocean Forest
-top 2/3 layer with FF Happy Frog
* Note: Do not do this for strains that are nutrient sensitive like autos. Use Happy Frog only.

The seedlings were then transplanted into 7 gallon fabric pots at 3 weeks and they are currently 3 weeks old.
Tomorrow is a big day for them as I will be topping/training them. Wish them luck, I'm left handed AND red-hedheaded. Scary, aint' it? :p

cbd.jpg

Week 3: Veg

The girls are topped and trained but there's always one that's just gotta be a little (insert sentence enhancer here)...yeah.

Ya'll know what I'm talking about...like the one kid in the car that just can't behave the entire way to your vacation spot. That little hethan running his trap 1,000 mph, chewed up french fries falling out of the side of his mouth the whole time and really messing up that old Skynyrd song that you just LOVE.
FYI kids: It's "MUSCLE SHOALS" you little commies...not "hustle hoes." Lawd have mercy...:laugh:

The Jack Herer plant is not a happy camper and needs her diaper changed.
I'm thinking it's not happy with the light and it was just too intense and/or a little transplant shock to go along with that.
It could very well also be a nute burn issue when transplanted. This one was weird from the start so I expect it will need some extra TLC along the way.
I'm not terribly concerned as it has plenty of time to recover and the new growth looks great.
In the veg tent, my LED light sits @ 26" above the canopy. I had the light set at 60%.

My fix:
Turned the light down to 45% for a few days for recovery. Then I will boost it back up once I see the plant is recovered. The other 2 seems to love the light, so I'll find the happy medium for them all.
This is one of the reasons why doing 3 different strains in the same run can be a pain. If you are new to growing, it's best to run all of the same strain at the same time. Even then, each plant is different and may require more extra care than the others.

Current state of the veg tent:
75 deg. F 60% RH
PH: 6.3

cbd train.jpg

Back
Top Bottom