Gamma's Second, First Not Done

Gammagoat

What strain is it - Runtz
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? Indica Hybrid, Discover cannabis on Leafly: Runtz strain details
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg, New clone from purple city genetics
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor

Dimensions of grow space? Tent 32"x32"x64"
Soil or Hydro? Promix w/added perlite
light? SF1000d.
Temp of tent? 76f
RH of tent? 40

This is going to be my second grow, my first is not yet done with five weeks or so to go. Thought I'd veg a new plant to keep this thing going. Some of My other grow can be seen here.

I don't have everything needed yet so I'll be making some additions as I go along. Anyway I got my new tent set up today and installed my SF1000D. I've transplanted clone into a peat pot while it roots, I'll then be transplanting into a one gallon and finally a five gallon container. Not sure if I want to use a 5 gallon bucket again, probably gonna go with a fabric pot.

Plant will veg as I finish my AJ'S sour D and then be moved into my cabinet grow space, pictured below. In this space I have two 195cfm exhaust fans, one carbon filter/ one circulating fan and a Bestva 1000w led. This space is 24"x28"x60", height is expandable.

I'll be using RO water that I get from a drive up water dispenser (So AZ, city water is nasty). Nutes are FF Trio, cal/mag. I have epsom and lime on hand.

Temp and RH I think are going to be a challenge, we are already at 100f with a RH OF 9%, with two humidifiers going along with two air conditioners indoor RH is 38%.

Any and all help appreciated!

Smoke consumed during this writing, himalaya live resin: Jack Herer.

0403211837a.jpg
0403211837.jpg

Where it will go to flower,

0403211834.jpg

What strain is it - Runtz
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? Indica Hybrid, Discover cannabis on Leafly: Runtz strain details
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg, New clone from purple city genetics
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor

Dimensions of grow space? Tent 32"x32"x64"
Soil or Hydro? Promix w/added perlite
light? SF1000d.
Temp of tent? 76f
RH of tent? 40

This is going to be my second grow, my first is not yet done with five weeks or so to go. Thought I'd veg a new plant to keep this thing going. Some of My other grow can be seen here.

I don't have everything needed yet so I'll be making some additions as I go along. Anyway I got my new tent set up today and installed my SF1000D. I've transplanted clone into a peat pot while it roots, I'll then be transplanting into a one gallon and finally a five gallon container. Not sure if I want to use a 5 gallon bucket again, probably gonna go with a fabric pot.

Plant will veg as I finish my AJ'S sour D and then be moved into my cabinet grow space, pictured below. In this space I have two 195cfm exhaust fans, one carbon filter/ one circulating fan and a Bestva 1000w led. This space is 24"x28"x60", height is expandable.

I'll be using RO water that I get from a drive up water dispenser (So AZ, city water is nasty). Nutes are FF Trio, cal/mag. I have epsom and lime on hand.

Temp and RH I think are going to be a challenge, we are already at 100f with a RH OF 9%, with two humidifiers going along with two air conditioners indoor RH is 38%.

Any and all help appreciated!

Smoke consumed during this writing, himalaya live resin: Jack Herer.

0403211837a.jpg
0403211837.jpg

Where it will go to flower,

0403211834.jpg

Looks great another AZ grower

Installed fan and ducting and am waiting on another duct fan.

Going to switch from wally mart bought pro-mix to sunshine mix #4, hoping that this will hold less water that pro-mix.

I'm looking for suggestions for nutes, something easier to use than fox farms trio. I can get GH nutes locally, I don't know if GH is any better that FF?

I also need to ask if I have to PH my water when using sunshine #4 and if its a good idea to add some lime before I plant in it?

Installed fan and ducting and am waiting on another duct fan.

Going to switch from wally mart bought pro-mix to sunshine mix #4, hoping that this will hold less water that pro-mix.

I'm looking for suggestions for nutes, something easier to use than fox farms trio. I can get GH nutes locally, I don't know if GH is any better that FF?

I also need to ask if I have to PH my water when using sunshine #4 and if its a good idea to add some lime before I plant in it?
Hello! Good to see another AZ grower on here. There are quite a few of us now. I used GH flora trio and it’s super easy and did well for me. I also use Sunshine mix, it already has lime added in it so no need to add anymore. And I was advised that we also don’t need to worry about pH. I’m going to try to copy a link that in IntheShed shared with me I don’t know if it will work but I’m going to give it a try. Do we need to pH adjust our nutrient solutions?

Got Mrs Runtz transplanted today. Managed to not stress her to much. I also clipped a clone off of her.

Liking the Sunshine a lot more than the promix, no gnats. I bought another Bestva 1000w led to begin vegging this plant, once my other plant finishes I'll be running both through flower. 210 watts, 4.6sqft 45 watts a sqft, hoping this will lead to bigger buds.

@Tommboy1973, Thanks for the links and info. Solution/water PH one less thing to worry about.

0504211400a.jpg

Started LST. I did this on my last plant, but lost control during flower. Ended up with a mess of undergrowth. This time I'm going to keep center of plant cleaned out, allowing only three or four cola's to match what will be growing on the perimeter.

0507210858a.jpg

She has responded well to training and is growing well.

crazy plant wont ask for water, transplanted her 11 days ago into pre-saturated 7gal bag 11 days ago. I guess she is chasing moisture to bottom of bag? I thought with the mix I used that she would be asking for water more often. 50/50 sunshine #4 and perlite.

0518210801a.jpg

I dont get it, My last watering was water and cal/mag only. Run off was ppm 159 and PH 6.6.

I watered plant today with 3gal of RO 10ml cal/mag, 10ml micro and 20ml bloom. PH of solution was 6.2 and EC was 1.4. Run off numbers are PH5.8 and EC 4.0.

So how did I end up with the numbers that I did on my latest watering (EC4.0, PH5.8)?

I found this, How to Manage Run-off EC - Coco For Cannabis
"It is important to provide nutrient solution that is the correct EC, but the EC rises as the water sits in the pots. As a result, root zone EC is generally higher than inflow EC. Because EC gradually rises as the nutrient solution sits in the pots, fertigation frequency is one of the main ways that you need to manage the EC of the nutrient solution in the root zone. If the time between fertigation events is long, then the difference between the EC of the inflow and the EC of the nutrient solution in the root zone will be large."

Unfortunately the article doesn't explain why EC rises as solution "sits in pots"

So how does EC magically rise by nute solution just being present in the medium?

At a guess its the build up being washed out. I assume the coco is not charged so thats the only thing i can think of.
Try run some plain water to get run of in a pot of just your soil/coco.See what it comes out as , iF with no plant it rises
i would say there is something in the coco/soil/peat. Will tag Bill284 in im sure he might have a few ideas. :cool:

My plant has yellow tips on new growth. I suspect light burn is the problem but I need confirmation from more knowledgeable growers. Plant has been in flower for 9 days. When I looked in on them this morning all was fine, this evening I noticed the yellowing tips on new growth.

My last water/feed was with GH micro and bloom @ a 5ml-10ml per gallon. Water was ph’d to 6.1. Input EC was .970 and run off was PH 6.1 and EC of .995.

I have raised lights from 22" to 25" and that’s all I can raise them. I also turned dimmer down from 100% to 80%.

0601211736a.jpg

0601211733a.jpg

0601211736.jpg

0601211732.jpg

0601211733.jpg

Hey brother nice looking runtz! I also grow in promix hp , yellow on new growth is fairly normal , but the yellow tips not so much , promix is very bland and is similar to coco in that you need to supply the plant with food ,,,, coco however drys out much quicker where promix not so much , in my opinion this causes a build up of what ever you are feeding , my theory is if your nutrient water is black your run off will be light brown the soil filtering the nutes out of the water and it getting build up more and more each feed! Keep in mind this is just my opinion and could be wrong but sometimes with the nutes less is more , but she looks super healthy brother keep up the good work!

Hey brother nice looking runtz! I also grow in promix hp , yellow on new growth is fairly normal , but the yellow tips not so much , promix is very bland and is similar to coco in that you need to supply the plant with food ,,,, coco however drys out much quicker where promix not so much , in my opinion this causes a build up of what ever you are feeding , my theory is if your nutrient water is black your run off will be light brown the soil filtering the nutes out of the water and it getting build up more and more each feed! Keep in mind this is just my opinion and could be wrong but sometimes with the nutes less is more , but she looks super healthy brother keep up the good work!
Thanks Mr.Fart.

This morning had some light leaf claw, so I believe this confirms what you say.

This feed thing is frustrating for me, I went with the lucas formula hoping to simplify feedings. I've been conservative using 5 -10ml (micro-bloom) per gallon instead of 8 -16 and have been using a water/feed/water to significant run-off schedule and I still have this issue of nute build up.

I gave water only this morning till I had an run-off EC of .651, I guess I'll have to lower nute ratio even lower.

Thanks Mr.Fart.

This morning had some light leaf claw, so I believe this confirms what you say.

This feed thing is frustrating for me, I went with the lucas formula hoping to simplify feedings. I've been conservative using 5 -10ml (micro-bloom) per gallon instead of 8 -16 and have been using a water/feed/water to significant run-off schedule and I still have this issue of nute build up.

I gave water only this morning till I had an run-off EC of .651, I guess I'll have to lower nute ratio even lower.
Not necessarily brother don't take my advice to heart , trouble shooting cannabis can be hard sometimes it can be as simple as over watering or a ph issue, I personally try to stick as close to the recommended feeding chart as possible , but you still got to read the plants , they honestly don't even look that bad brother , I always try to take a pic of the worst leaf when asking for help , love the bass brother I love fishing what a hog! Maybe I missed reading but what's the tempature the plants are in with you being in the USA so close to the Mexican ?? @Nunyabiz is active and is always tossing out some good advice

Not necessarily brother don't take my advice to heart , trouble shooting cannabis can be hard sometimes it can be as simple as over watering or a ph issue, I personally try to stick as close to the recommended feeding chart as possible , but you still got to read the plants , they honestly don't even look that bad brother , I always try to take a pic of the worst leaf when asking for help , love the bass brother I love fishing what a hog! Maybe I missed reading but what's the tempature the plants are in with you being in the USA so close to the Mexican ?? @Nunyabiz is active and is always tossing out some good advice
I agree that they dont look bad, I just want to keep it that way. I've taken a two pronged approach, water some of the build up out and raised lights.

Time will tell I suppose, Good news is the she grew last nite.

Temps are good 82 being the highest, not bad considering its 106 outside. Another month and it will be in the 110's with a few 120's thrown in here and there.

I'm absolutely blessed with the Bass fishery here.

With such a rapid onset it does appear to be light bleaching.
@Nunyabiz hey man this is definitely light burn also right? They have only just started flowering so do you think now that I've raised my 600watt lm301b led to 90cm and top canopy receives an average of 600ppfd that they will recover and still produce thick dense buds with good tricome production if not further light burn occurs ? I'm worried I've put a lot into these babies and money and time. Hope They will bounce back and still yield for me ? One pic is close up and the second pic of of general health of the plants . Praying there is good news. Been stressing hard and have been studying but can't find any journals of the results and recovery and what plants turn out like a week or two after this kind of stuff up happens . Thanks bro hope to hear back.

20210602_211928.jpg

20210603_120451.jpg

Back
Top Bottom