Custom Micro Bubble Diffusers DYI

No Pain

Now first im going to say that I did not come up with this idea . When I saw them I could never find any real info on them and since I have build them and put them in my system I can say I am having great success and drastically increased the efficiency of my system ( a lot less nutrients required) im still toying with numbers but I can say that my ec was cut in half ! some of you may have seen this type before and think its just soaker hose and you are correct but not all soaker hose is created equal and that's another reason im posting this ...to save you money ! when it comes to searching for the hose etc it was a pain so in one of my photos you will see where I purchased mine . Initially I tried 1/4 inch soaker hose from a garden center and I was not impressed . Then I started researching all soaker hose has a burst pressure and the small line you would find at a garden center here in the states would typically have a burst pressure of 120 psi . the higher the burst pressure the harder it is to pass air through. The hose that I found and am sharing with you today has a burst pressure of 25psi ! Huge difference and the cost is relatively the same if not cheaper .

Now my first design is what you see now, I removed the center section and would recommend that anyone making these just make it so that it aerates the outside perimeter.

another thing is you are going to need to use a good air pump and not all air pumps are created equal. I would recommend looking at pumps similar to blue diamonds et series I use an et120 to aerate 7 8 gallon modules.

here is the first design I made with this hose and the size of the barbed T is 3/8 inch.
IMG_5699.jpg
IMG_5700.JPG
IMG_5706.JPG
IMG_5707.JPG

here are the results of that design im my modules. Tried Uploading a Small vid but It wouldn't let me , here is a pic from it.
IMG_5710.PNG

here is the hose Im going to use for next run ...im looking to eliminate a tad more back pressure to aid in extending my air pumps life ...this is 5/8 line and the one prior was 3/8.
IMG_5701.JPG
IMG_5702.JPG
IMG_5702.JPG
IMG_5703.JPG
IMG_5704.JPG

Well there you have it. Hope you found it helpful ...happy diffusing !!!

Ive heard about the benefits of these diffusers. what i know as "supercharging"the water. There's a point where the amount of 02 in the water means the plants just go mental and don't need much.
I grow NFT where the roots grow mostly just in air with a constant trickle of water over them. Same effect, this lot are only on 300ppm but no air pump. Just a shitty £7 fish tank pump on the lowest setting.
(Edit) just minded there's a 4w air pump split between the 2 res but its pathetic and only there because once the roots hit the res they won't grow past it and into the shitty fish tank pump lol.

Attachments

• 20190605_181247.jpg
    20190605_181247.jpg
    714.7 KB · Views: 129
Ive heard about the benefits of these diffusers. what i know as "supercharging"the water. There's a point where the amount of 02 in the water means the plants just go mental and don't need much.
I grow NFT where the roots grow mostly just in air with a constant trickle of water over them. Same effect, this lot are only on 300ppm but no air pump. Just a shitty £7 fish tank pump on the lowest setting.
(Edit) just minded there's a 4w air pump split between the 2 res but its pathetic and only there because once the roots hit the res they won't grow past it and into the shitty fish tank pump lol.
Yes I am familiar with NFT ..its extremely the only true difference between NFT and High pressure aero is the mist ...high pressure is misting at 50 microns .

Im in love with deep water culture and these ladies get big with massive root zones ...these pics are at 3 weeks veg ..so yeah they are supercharged . lol
IMG_3323.JPG
IMG_5258.JPG
IMG_5259.JPG
IMG_5259.JPG
IMG_5260.JPG
IMG_5261.JPG
IMG_5263.JPG
IMG_5264.JPG

Yes I am familiar with NFT ..its extremely the only true difference between NFT and High pressure aero is the mist ...high pressure is misting at 50 microns .

Im in love with deep water culture and these ladies get big with massive root zones ...these pics are at 3 weeks veg ..so yeah they are supercharged . lol
IMG_3323.JPG
IMG_5258.JPG
IMG_5259.JPG
IMG_5259.JPG
IMG_5260.JPG
IMG_5261.JPG
IMG_5263.JPG
IMG_5264.JPG
Fuck yeah mate that's some timber right there! I'm assuming you rooted up for a couple weeks first? Surely can't do that in 3 weeks from seed... can you? Do I need to get one of these things? Lol.

I'm not familiar with American coins by the way but looks about 25-30mm diameter? That's mental if you done that in 3 weeks from seed .
I count the first two weeks -three weeks from the time they open from seed(sprout up) ready to take on light as the seedling stage ...so with that said you would be looking ..so from the beginning of seedling stage to the timber is 5-6weeks. As far as the coin it is a little bigger than 25mm it is one inch .

IMG_5711.JPG

I count the first two weeks -three weeks from the time they open from seed(sprout up) ready to take on light as the seedling stage ...so with that said you would be looking ..so from the beginning of seedling stage to the timber is 5-6weeks. As far as the coin it is a little bigger than 25mm it is one inch .

IMG_5711.JPG
Yeah that's how I count them too mate. Some result like. It obviously works :)

Back
Top Bottom