What sort of pumps do you recommend for these purposes?

BrokrnEyes

1. water pump capable of moving 5 gallons of water in a Rubbermaid that measures 20 inches long by 14 inches wide by 8 inches deep on the inside.

2. An airpump that is EASILY capable of pushing Air into 5 gallons of water, 6 inches deep, via 6-8 air stones or more? ( The idea being higher interior of the reservoir is receiving an equal number of air bubbles throughout rather than having a pair of air stones equal distances apart. After my first harvest I saw the roots encased the airdromes in my res and were the thickest and healthiest there compared to the areas away from the stone.

Also regarding the water pump, my idea is to have a hose going straightt up till about a Eighth Of a inch from the container lid, where the water then spears out under the lid to the grow basket (sync aero garden set up). With the water pressure suffer much if I punched a number of holes along the diameter of the holes to also create a simple aeroponic spray? Not looking for find droplets, but enough to maximize the humidity in the open air space as well as super oxygenate the water even further.

I'm sorry to see nobody ever addressed your questions. Just on the off chance that you are still curious about your choices. On the water pump you really can't go wrong with a simple pond pump purchased easily and inexpensively at just about any hardware store or even online. A small one for around 10 or 15 bucks should do the trick. And as for the air pump, for 5 gallons you really don't need much air but if you insist on running that many stones you should be able to find a really nice general hydroponics dual diaphragm pump for about 70 bucks online or you could get a rotary pump for about half that. Either should be more than enough to run 8 stones.

Back
Top Bottom